Author Topic: Tiles' Folder?  (Read 636 times)

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Tiles' Folder?
« on: September 10, 2005, 05:27:17 PM »
I have edited HTC's default ter0003.til suitable to Terrain Team's new North Sea map. Here's the picture:

This is first time I play with those tiles and now I don't know where I put that file... it don't work in the texsrc folder, not in the main folder etc. And must I buid it first or only save it? :confused:

I know that I must remove those bottom textures away when I save the tile.

I also understand how the tile system is working: You must do all the four subtiles (ter0003.til, ter0103.til, ter0203.til and ter0303.til) using only one texture in each other subtile in the Object Editor.

For ex. that one in the picture is using 4 x terr0003 texture in the bottom and it gives to you 4 variations for that tile depending on where that subtile is situating in the 1 mile x 1 mile square.

Tell me where I drop that testing tile, please! ;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 05:35:43 PM by kanttori »
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
Tiles' Folder?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 05:39:47 PM »
See if you overwrote them on the default tiles.

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Tiles' Folder?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 05:42:19 PM »
In witch folder?

ah2editor/ahiiterr/tiles or ah2editor/ahiiterr/mymap or... ? :confused:

Or must I save it as shape or something? :confused: :confused:

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Tiles' Folder?
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 05:47:07 PM »
I found it: I built the tile and it made a "ter0003.shp" to the "userlib" folder. I dropped that shape to the texsrc and it is working!

Thank you, fellas! :D

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Tiles' Folder?
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 05:53:55 PM »
I built the terrain and checked it Offline. Some trees and houses are white... what is this error?

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
Tiles' Folder?
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 11:59:17 PM »
Bad news, version 2.05 is not fully compatable with the current object editor. I just retested my frteuro map witch worked perfect with version 2.04 and it now has the same white squares you have. Guess we gotta wait for the next editor update.
 You can workaround the problem by putting the missing textures in the texsrc folder if you don't want to wait.

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Tiles' Folder?
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 06:06:27 AM »
Thank you zmeg for the information (again), I have noticed that you know almost everything from the TE! :D

Have you made a lot of maps? Can you please send some of your maps to me that I can look closer to it? I tell you after checking what I mean... ;)

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Tiles' Folder?
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 02:36:37 PM »
zmeg; I dropped the trees and other textures to texsrc-folder and it is working almost good. Now I have problem, that all the trees and a little village I made are not visible in the game, but I can see them in the TE.

Is this also because of the Game update? And what means this message after building the tile shape:

Is there some kind of tiles objects' limit in the OE? Maybe it causes that invisible trees and houses in the game? :confused:

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
Tiles' Folder?
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 03:27:25 PM »
All my custom shapes work ok with this version so I don't think that's the problem. LOD distances caused me alot of problems with invisabilty in most cases editing the data #s in the .ac files to match simular shapes exported from the object editor fixed this problem. Also did you merge the materals list with your .ac files?
 I'm not totaly sure what the Ext and Int means in the building msg, but I beleve that Int refers to objects that were already somewhere on the tile and Ext is additional objects. There does seem to be a max limit of 1024 objects per tile.

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Tiles' Folder?
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 03:52:05 PM »
Thank You! I have used only HTC's default objects and moved them to right places to the fields' edges, so the LOD cannot be a problem...

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
Tiles' Folder?
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005, 06:19:40 PM »
Here's some other things to check, each of the 8 sections must have at least 1 object in it. Also any object that crosses a line will be invisable from some angles.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Tiles' Folder?
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 04:18:07 PM »
It is missing the texture.