Author Topic: How about customized squad/pilot skins?  (Read 549 times)

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
How about customized squad/pilot skins?
« on: October 01, 2005, 10:15:56 AM »
How about a feature for pilot in squads where they can fly their own squads skin with personal markings? For example-

1) Squad member (or official skinner) submits a "template" skin for approval. (ie: a Red-Nosed Mustang for the 4th or a Checker-Nosed Jug for the 78th)

2) This skin is then made available to the squad to be customised for the individual pilot (ie: if pilot is in the 334th of the 4th, give him a tail code with the first letter of his callsign [in my case, QP-T], and add CO approved noseart)

3) The skin is then resubmitted to someone in "the front office", and if approved, goes into a special folder in that players game-file, such as 'skins/personal/p51b' and is write-protected like the current skins. The player can then have a selection in the planes skin box in the hanger named 'personal' which displays his skin, and only that player is allowed to use it. (have it cached in a way that it cant be copied and pasted?)

Not suggesting that squads go crazy and get a custom skin for every aircraft in the game, but have it limited to their main ride (like the Jug Ds and Mustang B and D for the 4th, P-38s for the 475th) for more immersive squad nights and the like.

Probably a stupid idea (or already suggested and shot down), but I figured Id suggest anyway. :D
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 10:32:15 PM »
i like that idea.  Would be pretty sweet to customize your squadron aircraft.  Got my vote!

Egle31st
Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 08:21:21 PM »
Im game for this, but not sure if the history nuts would go for it...and understandable if they do not.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 08:40:08 PM »
Been discussed. It's practically impossible. There's a very set limit to the amount of textures you can display at once, and AH is pushing it as-is with all the 15x skins for each plane, now add 100+ for every plane that has its own custom skin? Fugeddaboudit. I just wish HTC would make a sticky saying 'Don't ask for this, cause you won't get it' and put this in it :)

Seems to come up every other week.