Author Topic: P-38 Add ons  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
P-38 Add ons
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2005, 02:40:43 AM »
Originally posted by Wolfala
Have you ever tried to get a P47 off the ground with 2 thousand pounders and a centerline 500 - let alone 2 two thousand pounders, rockets and a center bomb. It makes a pregnant yak look slim.

As a matter of fact, I have the P-47D-40 set up with the full load of ordnance, maximum ammo, and 75% fuel as one of my two standard attack planes. I very rarely take less. I take the P-38L-5-Lo with 50% fuel, full ammo, 2 1K bombs and 10 rockets as well.

You have to choose the runway carefully with the P-47, and you have to watch your fuel, as it sucks it down rapidly, but I do okay in it. If the trip is long or the area busy, I take the P-38L for range and climb.

Off a CV, I take the full ordnance and ammo on the F4U of my choice as well, with 50%, sometimes 75%. I find the F4U-4 gets off the CV easier, but I like the C Hog guns a lot (my gunnery sucks, Delirium got a bunch of kills finishing off guys I was setting up on but not killing tonight, LOL). I'm not sure you could get the F4U off a CV with 2 2K bombs, that'd be tough. The F4U-4 might do it with 50% fuel.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
P-38 Add ons
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 04:19:17 AM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
Napalm should be EXCEPTIONALLY effective on open top GV's, the rest it would take time to cook.

for open  gv's short burst of .303 should be enough, richochets should melt crew for salad

but not in AH ;)

Offline Nosara

• Copper Member
snake and nape
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2005, 12:06:32 PM »
Napalm is not nice. There are many people who are offended by its use. It may be banned by some countries and cultures. So we should not use it ,it is just not nice...

LOL

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Re: snake and nape
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by Nosara
Napalm is not nice. There are many people who are offended by its use. It may be banned by some countries and cultures. So we should not use it ,it is just not nice...

LOL

Napalm, fun for the whole communist family!
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!