Author Topic: Thank you Japan  (Read 581 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Thank you Japan
« on: September 22, 2001, 08:05:00 AM »
I just learned of the $10 million dollar gift from the Japanese government to aid in our recovery.

I consider myself to be farily eloquent, and with a decent command of the English language, but I am hard pressed to come up with words that could express my gratitude to the people and government of Japan.

I feel honored and incredibly emotional about this gift.  Anyone from or in Japan reading this, I wish I could find the right words to express how I feel right now.
All I can say is, thank you.  Please let your friends and neighbors know this.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Thank you Japan
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2001, 08:45:00 AM »
I think the depth of support the has right now really can be seen by acts like these. The Japanese, a former enemy of the US who has suffered 2 nuclear bombs, reaching out and showing support.

It's also an excellent symbol of just how two opposing forces can reconcile with each other and become allies. Same is true for Germany and the rest of the world.

Am glad that Denmark is fully behind the US. Our prime minister said on CNN yesterday "Anything the Americans want from us, they'll get".

I've donated what little money I can to a (believe it or not) charity thingie run through a religious group - to help the victims of the tragedy in the US.

Terrorists: you have no idea what you've unleashed. I have no sympathy and will show no mercy for you: I shall actively seek to encourage and support activities leading to your destruction. Come fight me; it's just me and a few million other people who're after you.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Thank you Japan
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2001, 09:17:00 AM »
Plus, they are re-arming themselves, and found a good excuse/chance to throw out the "Peace Constituion" which restricted Japanese use of force to strict self-defense.

The "Self-Protection Forces" of Japan will soon be restructured into fully functioning military force, and will set out towards the world like they did before.

Japan is moving to the right at an extreme rate, and those who live nearby are alarmed.

Funny how this tragedy, in the end, gave all the governments of the world what they most needed.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Thank you Japan
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2001, 10:17:00 AM »
Santa,

Christ man everytime I read one of your posts now I start crying.  I don't know how to express into words how your support of our nation makes me feel man.  I'm not a mushy person at all, but I can hardly read your post anymore because my eyes get all wet.

Thank you and thank your country, all countries.  WHen this crap is all over, your welcome to come take a vacation at my house, and hopefuly one day I can make it to see your country.

hehe these F*uckers thought they'd fill us full of terror, and instead we got filled with love for one another  :)

>S<

U

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Thank you Japan
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2001, 10:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by StSanta:
Our prime minister said on CNN yesterday "Anything the Americans want from us, they'll get".

Please forward the "Cover Girls" portfolio of one of the top Danish modeling agencies for girls over 18 years of age. Send these directly to me, as the US government is pretty busy right now. I only want two of them for use as... um... upstairs maids (Yeah, THAT'S the ticket! upstairs maids!) and I promise to be reasonable in my selections. If possible, we would like to exchange these two for another set in 12 months.

Along with the photos, please send a few cases of Carlsberg Special Export.

Thank you in advance.  ;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Thank you Japan
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2001, 11:31:00 AM »
I had a feeling someone would find something negative in the act by the Japanese governments financial gift, but....

Regardless of the motivations, for the first time in my memory the world is coming together like never before.  Kweassa, I have no idea where you are from, but maybe you do not realize the Japanese have much to lose if the United States economy goes into the toilet.
Frankly, I could give a rats bellybutton why they made the contribution.  They made it and like the rest of the world, are coming to aid in one form or another.

I am getting really tired of the pessimists and cynics that want to find evil (or some other form of negativity for that matter) in every action of any government.  If you can't take a bit of time to offer something positive to this thread, then BUZZ OFF!
The only evil we have to be concerned with is the one that attacked our country.  Get focused for crying out loud.

By the way Kweassa, nothing personal here.  You are entitled to your opinion.  No problem with that.  It was/is inappropriate to make that particular post here and that is my opinion.

[ 09-22-2001: Message edited by: Skuzzy ]
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Thank you Japan
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2001, 11:41:00 AM »
The Japanese people also lost hundreds of their own in this tragedy.  While being grateful for the gift, we should not forget to extend our sympathy.

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
Thank you Japan
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2001, 12:51:00 PM »
Yep, the gifts and support has really meant a lot.

BTW, did you hear what the Clevland Browns are doing?  They have "adopted" the families of a firefighter and a policeman killed at the WTC.  They will recieve a monthly and yearly donation from the team until the youngest child is 18.  Truly a class move.

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
Thank you Japan
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2001, 02:37:00 PM »
As an American I want to thank those that have helped my nation.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Thank you Japan
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2001, 03:26:00 PM »
Kweassa, read up on McArthur and the Self Defense force. Then read the Japanese constitution. That should give you the answer to your unease.

<S> Nihonjin! Domo arigatou gozaimashita!

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Thank you Japan
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2001, 11:52:00 PM »
ROFL Toad.

I'll send you my...maids. They're not quite used up though, you'll have to wait a little.

We dinnae say anything about WHEN you'd get it, you know  :D

Udie, big <S!> to you and the American people!