Author Topic: Our Military  (Read 856 times)

Offline indian

• Copper Member
Our Military
« on: September 22, 2001, 01:09:00 PM »
lets not let this be another Vietnam when you see our troops in uniform let them know you support them. As a former member of the U.S Army I have mixed feelings about not being in the Army today. They will go to fight and some may not come back. They need our support.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Our Military
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2001, 01:17:00 PM »
^ What he said!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Hobodog

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.military.com
Our Military
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2001, 01:52:00 PM »
S!

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Our Military
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2001, 02:09:00 PM »
Thank you for that kind gesture, please send more money and better housing, and food too.

;)
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Greese

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/greese125
Our Military
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2001, 03:33:00 PM »
Thank you to all who are in service to the country.  It is you who make it easier for me to go to bed with my wife at night, knowing that you are working hard and putting your lives on the line so we can wake up the next morning.  I don't like war, I don't like violence, but there is only one way to make it so my wife and I can board a plane to go home ever again, without the fear of terrorists using our plane as a billboard for their beliefs.  You deserve a lot more respect than you are getting.  I can't understand how anyone who has a family who looks to them for protection and security can see a serviceman (or woman) and not tear up knowing that it is they who are keeping them safe.  We are counting on you, and we want you to come home so you too can enjoy your families in safety.  This is not a time the US is using to flex it's muscle.  It's not a time to show everyone how bad we are.  We are responding to a clear threat against our families on our own soil.  We are going to make damn sure we are doing what we can so that no one is hurt by these cowardly acts ever again.  This is not a typical war, where there is differences between governments and lives are put on the line because of money, oil, whatever.  This is about security, and about rooting out people who choose to make war against our innocent children.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Our Military
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2001, 06:28:00 PM »
Our service personnel cannot concern themselves with anything but their mission right now.  This makes their wellbeing OUR concern.  We can make Washington aware, that while losses may occur, the waste of our people is unacceptable.  If they fail to manage this war professionally.  There will be a new set of managers come next election.  

And of course we need to let our service people know how much we appreciate them at every opportunity.

There are people for whom this is just a T.V. show.  Something for them to intellectualize about. IMO. Useing OUR freedom of speech to let them know how little we think of them, is another way to support our troops

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
Our Military
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2001, 11:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by easymo:

There are people for whom this is just a T.V. show.  Something for them to intellectualize about. IMO. Useing OUR freedom of speech to let them know how little we think of them, is another way to support our troops

:rolleyes: Don't be an idiot. You can support them just fine by simply supporting them, without being an bellybutton because someone disagrees with you.

My thoughts and prayers go out as well to those who may soon be in harm's way.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Our Military
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2001, 11:33:00 PM »
gen patton
i don't expect you to die for your country , i expect that other SOB to die for his country

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
Our Military
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2001, 12:13:00 AM »
<<<air force member.
Thank you  :)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Our Military
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2001, 09:22:00 AM »
Originally posted by Russian:
<<<air force member.
Thank you   :)

what unit, what AFSC?

Im AD USAF too, Air Intelligence Agency, 3U0X1
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Our Military
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2001, 01:36:00 PM »
Actually I was thinking about bill mahr when I wrote that camel dung.  But at least you are starting to recognize the type of person you are.

To the servicemen who started identifying themselves in this thread.  My apologies for the interruption

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
Our Military
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2001, 02:08:00 PM »
I don't think I should spread that kind of info around internet.

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
Our Military
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2001, 05:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by easymo:
Actually I was thinking about bill mahr when I wrote that camel dung.  But at least you are starting to recognize the type of person you are.

That truly does not deserve the justification a defense would give it.

Simply suggesting that you keep politics out of this thread.