Author Topic: USS Iowa S.F Controversy  (Read 851 times)

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
USS Iowa S.F Controversy
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2005, 08:22:31 PM »
Joke all you want, but equating homosexuality with being unpatriotic is asinine.  Grow up.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
USS Iowa S.F Controversy
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 08:40:15 PM »
You dumbarses...I wasn't saying it was the gheys that were unpatriotic..I was saying the city in general..maybe I typed it wrong and it sounded that way....and I think that my arguement that it is the ghey capital of the US would be hard to go against..well Key West runs a close 2nd...lighten up guys..

Oh and Ramzey, I don't "hate" anybody..well except for alot of the worthless scum currently running our Government on both sides of the aisle.

Live and let live I say. Though I will admit that I have my own reasons for not agreeing with that lifestyle.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
USS Iowa S.F Controversy
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2005, 08:46:53 PM »
Originally posted by ASTAC
San Fransisco = Unpatriotic ghey Capital of the country..the whole city could drop off the face of the earth and I wouldn't shed a tear..it's sad that the cities that deserve a good disaster don't get one.

Funny, last time I was there I visited a WW2 era sub and the last surviving Liberty ship... both on fisherman's warf.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
USS Iowa S.F Controversy
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 10:18:11 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
Joke all you want, but equating homosexuality with being unpatriotic is asinine.  Grow up.

Rant all you want.....but to think anyone is actually equating homosexuality with being unpatriotic is asnine.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 10:27:26 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
USS Iowa S.F Controversy
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2005, 10:19:05 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Funny, last time I was there I visited a WW2 era sub and the last surviving Liberty ship... both on fisherman's warf.

yea then why don't they want the Iowa after spending millions of dollars to get it there?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
USS Iowa S.F Controversy
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2005, 10:22:46 PM »

Those were put in place before the latest round of San Francisco insanity like their current attempt to outlaw gunstores and handguns in the city.

What's clear now is that the city leaders voted to ban the USS Iowa from display in the city.  Thats where we stand today.

Now I have no idea if that was actually the real SF city councilman Tom Ammiano saying those things (though it sure looked and sounded like him)  in the Jon Stewart interview of it was a fake or edited thing but if it is real then we have what you see.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 10:25:10 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Gaylord

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
USS Iowa S.F Controversy
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005, 11:19:56 PM »
As a San Franciscian I want to go on record right now of saying I just love the Navy, and its Sailors- especially since they started wearing those cute little bell bottom  pants again- and if the Navy and San Francisco can work this out and we should become the home port of the Iowa I will be on the pier every night to offer whatever comfort I can to the poor, lonely, homesick sailors- emotionally, spiritually and physically- until the Shore Patrol runs me off like they did in Long Beach.

Offline AdmRose

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cmdrrose/index.html
USS Iowa S.F Controversy
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2005, 11:49:39 PM »
I think the only solution is to use the Iowa's guns on San Francisco. Any objections?

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
USS Iowa S.F Controversy
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2005, 11:58:48 PM »

Actually, I believe the Liberty ship is on the Oakland side next to the USS Hornet.

And Ammiano is a hoot.  Always has been.  In 1978 Dan White killed SF's mayor and one the supervisor's, Harvey Milk.  The infamous "Twinkie Defense" killings.  IIRC, Milk was the first openly gay supervisor SF had.  Ammiano, who is also very gay, ran as his philosophical heir and has been a fixture of SF politics for quite some time.  When I was there for law school he ran against Willie Brown for mayor.  Boy did the nastiness fly then.

They hated each other almost as much as Brown and Hallinan.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
USS Iowa S.F Controversy
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2005, 12:57:46 AM »
I wish they would bring it here and put it with the Massachusetts

http://www.battleshipcove.org/bb59-history.htm
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
USS Iowa S.F Controversy
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2005, 02:03:52 AM »
Originally posted by Gaylord
As a San Franciscian I want to go on record right now of saying I just love the Navy, and its Sailors- especially since they started wearing those cute little bell bottom  pants again- and if the Navy and San Francisco can work this out and we should become the home port of the Iowa I will be on the pier every night to offer whatever comfort I can to the poor, lonely, homesick sailors- emotionally, spiritually and physically- until the Shore Patrol runs me off like they did in Long Beach.

:huh

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
USS Iowa S.F Controversy
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2005, 02:10:31 AM »
Originally posted by ASTAC
You dumbarses...I wasn't saying it was the gheys that were unpatriotic..I was saying the city in general..maybe I typed it wrong and it sounded that way....and I think that my arguement that it is the ghey capital of the US would be hard to go against..well Key West runs a close 2nd...lighten up guys..

Oh and Ramzey, I don't "hate" anybody..well except for alot of the worthless scum currently running our Government on both sides of the aisle.

Live and let live I say. Though I will admit that I have my own reasons for not agreeing with that lifestyle.

I deserve some credit. That was a well played hijack IMHO. :cool:
sand

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
USS Iowa S.F Controversy
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2005, 08:12:36 AM »
Originally posted by Dune
Actually, I believe the Liberty ship is on the Oakland side next to the USS Hornet.

It was parked right behind the Pampanito when I was there in August. Its been there for at least a year.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
USS Iowa S.F Controversy
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2005, 08:51:31 AM »
San Francisco - "America's Anus"

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
USS Iowa S.F Controversy
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2005, 08:57:30 AM »
Originally posted by Gaylord

studmuffin!
-SW