Author Topic: I'm on a mission from god.  (Read 1436 times)

Offline BluKitty

• Nickel Member
      • http://
I'm on a mission from god.
« on: October 06, 2005, 07:44:58 PM »
"President George W. Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals".

' "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it." '

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2005/10_october/06/bush.shtml

all I can say is, wow.... if you truely think your talking to god ... IMHO your crazy.

I mean look at these guys.......

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 08:00:54 PM »
"Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us:.."

This guys tells the BBC that this what Bush "told" him and a group of others and it's believed just because the BBC is reporting it?

Wow.

Why should what this guy says be believed?   What is the reasoning for believing this?

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 08:13:53 PM »
I call Caca del toro.

Bush is not the brightest bulb in the universe, but I doubt he would say this in ANY forum.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 08:18:52 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
I call Caca del toro.

Bush is not the brightest bulb in the universe, but I doubt he would say this in ANY forum.

Exactly.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 08:36:12 PM »
The BBC is a highly regarded source of accurate information, I would easily put up their record against such vanguards of truth in journalism as the New York Times.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 08:48:52 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
The BBC is a highly regarded source of accurate information, I would easily put up their record against such vanguards of truth in journalism as the New York Times.

:rofl

:aok
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline BluKitty

• Nickel Member
      • http://
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 09:05:37 PM »
it's hearsay and the BBC clearly says that...  

is Bush ever Quoted no ... did I claim it no ...

figured someone would have made a Carrie Fisher crack by now

She's always the biggest threat to a mission from god

« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 09:07:56 PM by BluKitty »

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 09:17:37 PM »

The issue isnt whether the palestinians said this; no doubt the BBC is correctly reporting that they did.

Rather, the issue is why the BBC and others choose to take these claims at face value instead of applying the same skepticism they do in other situations.

Even journalists notice things more when they fit in with their preconceptions.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 12:46:45 AM »
This one gets better with every re-telling.

The original story was from an interview with the Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas in which he stated that during negotiations to end the Arafat compound siege, President Bush privately told him: "God told me to strike at al Quaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did." At the time, that quote immediately got play on liberal blogs and international media. The White House vehemently denied it, while others began reminding people of some of Abbas's other choice quotes including denying the Holocaust and countless other Zionist conspiracy theory quotes.

Now apparently Nabil Shaath and every other member of the PA was not only part of the private conversation between Bush and Abbas, but apparently the President was instructed by the voices in his head to break forth into ecstatic "Evangelicalese" during a tense moment in negotiations with a group of Muslims with ties to terror organizations themselves.

Rigggght...

Next week, we'll here how teh evil Boosh, ecstatically uttered this declaration in tongues to a huge crowd of Hamas freedom fighters as Condie Rice interpreted, after which he was slain in the Spirit and Dick Cheney was overcome with holy laughter.

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 01:05:47 AM »

Or better yet, the New York Post
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 01:08:09 AM »
George can always just call it a crusade again... :p

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Godzilla

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005, 01:15:48 AM »
Originally posted by BluKitty
it's hearsay and the BBC clearly says that...  

The article and the BBC present it as fact. They didn't say it was hearsay, they said:

President George W. Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals

That statement dosn't mention anything about hearsay. If they were honest, they would have said "sources claim" or "so and so claims". Instead they present it as the BBC revealing a fact.

Offline Godzilla

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005, 03:32:19 AM »
The first time I read this BBC story, I couldn't believe what I was reading. The story is FILLED with assumptions, yet they are careful not to state that the BBC is presenting it as fact. Thery know it's BS, but they want it out there anyway. I was so struck by it that I easily recal it today, and present it to you for review.

What follows is a BBC story fillled with BS of the highest magnitude.

They quote this bow-tie wearing, jew hating "expert" who has ZERO evidence of a massacre......only his misguided hatred.

Of course, there was no massacre and this guy was as full of **** as anyone could ever be, but the BBC ran the story with no problems. I wonder if the BBC ever did a follow up and appologize?

Here is a gem of a quote: "The truth will come out, as it has come out in Bosnia and Kosovo, as it has in other places where we've had these kinds of allegations. " read on and be amazed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1937048.stm

A British forensic expert who has gained access to the West Bank city of Jenin says evidence points to a massacre by Israeli forces.
Prof Derrick Pounder, who is part of an Amnesty International team granted access to Jenin, said he has seen bodies lying in the streets and received eyewitness accounts of civilian deaths.

The Dundee University expert said the Amnesty investigation has only just begun but Palestinian claims of a massacre were gaining foundation as the team continued its analysis.

Derrick Pounder: Evidence of a massacre

He said: "The truth will come out, as it has come out in Bosnia and Kosovo, as it has in other places where we've had these kinds of allegations.

"I must say that the evidence before us at the moment doesn't lead us to believe that the allegations are anything other than truthful and that therefore there are large numbers of civilian dead underneath these bulldozed and bombed ruins that we see."

The professor said recovering the bodies would be difficult because many buildings collapsed during bombardment.

He said: "We know there are families who were there and killed and buried.

"We were on the ruins yesterday and two elderly men came forward, each of them pointed to where their houses had been and one of them told us that 10 members of his family were buried under the rubble."

'Beyond belief'

He said post mortems on two bodies had "given cause for suspicion" and there was "extensive damage" to Jenin.

An area of the town the size of several football pitches has been flattened.

Prof Pounder was speaking as Israeli forces began to pull out of Jenin and the town of Nablus.

A United Nations special envoy described the the devastation as "horrific beyond belief".

Terje Roed-Larsen, who visited the Jenin refugee camp on Thursday, criticised Israel for not allowing rescue teams in after the battle with Palestinian gunmen.

Israeli officials reversed a ban on the Amnesty team entering the Jenin refugee camp and government hospital on Wednesday.

Amnesty had considered legal action against the Israeli Government over the ban.

Israel 'fighting for its life'

Israeli forces moved into the Jenin camp on 3 April, saying it was a hotbed of Palestinian militancy and declaring it a closed military zone.

Zalmon Shoval, an adviser to Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, defended Israel's actions, saying it was fighting for its life.

"Mr Larsen has no business whatsoever to tell us what is right or wrong," he told the BBC.

Palestinians claim hundreds of bodies are buried beneath the rubble, but Mr Shoval said only about 65 bodies had been recovered, of which five were civilians.

Israel's large-scale military operations across the West Bank were launched following a spate of deadly Palestinian suicide bombings in Israel.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 03:38:54 AM by Godzilla »

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: I'm on a mission from god.
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005, 04:34:19 AM »
Originally posted by BluKitty
all I can say is, wow.... if you truely think your talking to god ... IMHO your crazy.

Interesting point of view...

Now of course I'm an aethiest, but I wouldn't go as far as labeling christians as crazy in general. Sure some of them are luny's, but not all of them.

Offline Godzilla

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2005, 04:44:20 AM »
I consider myself a Christian. I feel that I am logical and reasonable also.

I'm not into the Pope thing though.