Author Topic: i got an email today...  (Read 392 times)

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
i got an email today...
« on: September 22, 2001, 06:02:00 PM »
....trying to sell  me a cellphone with this pitch:

"Recent emergency illustrates the need for cell phones"

"In times like these you've got to stay connected with your friends and family. They need you on call, and you need to be able to reach them."

- (paradigm wireless selling at&t phones in case the pitch has convinced you to go get a cell phone)

can't wait til they come out with -world trade center disaster action figures-! i'll be 1st in line for 'kung-fu grip guilliani'.

:rolleyes:

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
i got an email today...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2001, 11:24:00 PM »
To see companies turning these events into just another sales pitch and marketing scheme sickens me.

Originally posted by mrfish:
....trying to sell  me a cellphone with this pitch:

"Recent emergency illustrates the need for cell phones"

"In times like these you've got to stay connected with your friends and family. They need you on call, and you need to be able to reach them."

- (paradigm wireless selling at&t phones in case the pitch has convinced you to go get a cell phone)

can't wait til they come out with -world trade center disaster action figures-! i'll be 1st in line for 'kung-fu grip guilliani'.

:rolleyes:

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
i got an email today...
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2001, 11:30:00 PM »
i got two cell phones so i can talk to myself

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
i got an email today...
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2001, 12:04:00 AM »
i say "the franklin mint" puts out a collectors plate within a week. something like a picture of the towers and a giant eagle head and a firefighter or something.

maybe you get it for half price if you order the world trade center coin and knife set too.

or how about a shirt: "i was almost blown up at the world trade center and all i got was this stupid teeshirt".

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
i got an email today...
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2001, 01:48:00 PM »
Speaking of brand names.  The following is what HotSeat, over at IEN had to say after the WTC was hit

"Hey Prophet,
  You know our prime minister has limited power when compared to the US president / king.
Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes it is not.

I really wish Canada could stay out of the problems US has caused for itself, but this time we can't. What happened in NYC is also an attack on us, don't think otherwise.

We are nee deep in this toejam whole, and it going to hurt some more to get out"

[ 09-23-2001: Message edited by: easymo ]