Author Topic: iEN delisted  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
Westy's got it right.  For a change  

Leonid, i rather like Boroda, thru his BBS posts and private emails with him.  As usual, YOU however, got it wrong.  BTW, I don't approve of FH/FB, and would never consider playing it.  I DO understand why it exists, though.  

I look forward to IL-2's release.  Looks to be an awesome sim.  I still would like to know how they will handle hacker's in MMP.  

You see, i won't PLAY a game that has hackers playing in it that aren't immediately banned for life.  No excuses, no "probation", no BS.

I've got better things to do.......

Cabby
Six: "Come on Cabbyshack, let's get some!"

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2001, 10:47:00 PM »
Looks like I have it all wrong.

Извините.
ingame: Raz

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2001, 12:14:00 PM »
Cabby, you asked this question to a wrong person. I didn't see IL-2 since winter, 1999, when Moscow warbirders visited Maddox and he showed us some stuff.

I completely agree with you that cheating in online games sucks, and cheaters must be punished. But why do you associate our project with cheating? We try our best to find them, and believe me, in some cases our cheat-protection is better then iEN's.

Again: it was not me who mentioned Russian WB server first. And noone will ever make me post any links to connecting instructions here or on any Western forum, regardles to mr. Neualt's opinion I have never done this.

Cabby, our views are different, I often disagree with you - but you are an interesting opponent, very nice to talk to people like you   I hope you understand that usually I try to show the common opinion from Russia here, or even some things from old Soviet POV, and your reaction is usually worth it.   In RL I am not so anti-American, and I never will support any modern "communists" of any kind.

Funny, I think that my political views are "right", and in Russia it means that they are "liberal", absolutely different from what I see here  

------------------
With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    Commissar 25th IAP WB VVS

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2001, 11:20:00 PM »
I like Good ol Boroda too, as a person.  I don't like his scum-sucking FH, though, no matter how good his rationalizations are.

If Il-2 is good, count on it being hacked, and one of the few places where it can be hacked and stolen is Russia.  It has nothing to do with your slant or politics, just the laws as they exist.

Russian law is not right in the true sense of the word.  Il-2 will be hacked and cloned(legally) in Russia, count on it.

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2001, 02:16:00 AM »

Originally posted by Gadfly:
I like Good ol Boroda too, as a person.  I don't like his scum-sucking FH, though, no matter how good his rationalizations are.

If Il-2 is good, count on it being hacked, and one of the few places where it can be hacked and stolen is Russia.  It has nothing to do with your slant or politics, just the laws as they exist.

Russian law is not right in the true sense of the word.  Il-2 will be hacked and cloned(legally) in Russia, count on it.

Well, Gadfly, Boroda's rational for FH is not American.  It's Russian.  Sorry, but just because an American says something is 'right' or 'wrong', doesn't mean it'll hold up in other than a USA court of law.  Certainly, there are basic moral concepts that are common to all people, but mercantile laws are not one of them.  Sorry, it's just that there's a bigger world out there than the USA.

TheWobble

iEN delisted
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2001, 02:56:00 AM »

just because an American says something is 'right' or 'wrong', doesn't mean it'll hold up in other than a USA court of law

yes, this fact really shines when a goverment decides the best way to make its citizens agree with it is to murder a few of them......

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2001, 04:48:00 AM »
Quote:

"Certainly, there are basic moral concepts that are common to all people, but mercantile laws are not one of them. Sorry, it's just that there's a bigger world out there than the USA."

I would think it to be common sense to respect the "mercantile laws" of the people(i.e. The West) who control most of the money.  Russia will continue to have a relatively low standard of living until it realises this.

Cabby

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2001, 08:50:00 AM »
Well, just to make some things clear:

Russian copyright laws are different from the US. In many cases they are aimed at protecting local software manufacturers and users. It supports every foreign software developer if it meets certain reasonable conditions. If you want to make business in Russia - you have to follow them.

So, I hope you understand that in this situation it's rather dangerous and stupid to break the laws and harming Russian companies. Another reasons not to do so is this are the realistic pricing policies of Russian software companies. For example, official licenesed "jewel" copy of Flanker-2, Storm (it will be released in the West as "Echelon") or even Jagged Allience-2 translated to Russian are 80 rubles per disk, equal to $3. AFAIK IL-2 will be released here under the same price. Also, so called "pirate" CD publishers never release any software developed here simply because they want to support local programmers. The same thing about crackers.

Cabby, I find some American "merchantile laws" rather stupid. Russian are not ideal too. They are enforced by governments. According to Lenin - State is an instrument of supression and subjection of personality, and this is a rare example when I agree with him completely.

TheWobble: what are you speaking about? If you accuse modern Russian regime of such things - then you have to say that German government is responsible for nazi crimes. And don't forget that USA forgot about so-called "human rights" of it's citizens many times even in the XX century. As I said above - it's a standard method of any state.

One of my former classmates returned to Russia with his American wife and a child after living in Texas for 10 years. He left a house there, and he owned firearms (SKS and some other barrels), but his views are not as extreme as yours...

------------------
With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »

Originally posted by cabby:
Quote:

"Certainly, there are basic moral concepts that are common to all people, but mercantile laws are not one of them. Sorry, it's just that there's a bigger world out there than the USA."

I would think it to be common sense to respect the "mercantile laws" of the people(i.e. The West) who control most of the money.  Russia will continue to have a relatively low standard of living until it realises this.

Cabby

That's not necessarily true.  Even Iraq seems to be doing well these days.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2001, 05:14:00 PM »
Screw mercantile laws.  If you can't see the obvious moral problem with FH, then I won't waste electrons trying to convince you otherwise.

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2001, 05:16:00 PM »
If this thread were a rocket the ground crew would of hit the self-destruct button.  It's gone waaaaay off-course.

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2001, 05:16:00 PM »
Quote:

"That's not necessarily true. Even Iraq seems to be doing well these days."

If that's your idea of doing "well", i'd hate to see anything you describe as doing "badly".....

Cabby

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2001, 11:57:00 AM »
Gadfly, guess we disagree.  I'll agree to that, at least  

cabby, we've fought over just about everything, and been pretty nasty about at times.  I almost feel like I know you - lol.  I'd even attempt to buy you a drink - if I could tie you down good enough  

[This message has been edited by leonid (edited 04-10-2001).]

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2001, 01:27:00 PM »
So, Leonid, it's ok if I come to your house and steal all your stuff, as long as I take it to a different country?

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2001, 01:54:00 PM »
Not very smart, Gadfly.  

Better throw something at me (I'll prefer something valuable  ) then try to abuse Leonid who doesn't have anything common with our project.

Also please understand that discussing moral side of this problem will never persuade anyone.

------------------
With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,