Author Topic: iEN delisted  (Read 2214 times)

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
iEN delisted
« on: April 04, 2001, 10:53:00 AM »
Check it out . . .
 http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/010404/0496.html

RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK AREA, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 4,
2001--iEntertainment Network, Inc. (NASDAQ: IENT - news), today
announced
that it was notified by Nasdaq of the decision to delist the company's
securities from The Nasdaq SmallCap Market at the opening of business on
April 5, 2001.

Annual Report 10-KSB just out also April 2, 2001: http://biz.yahoo.com/e/010402/ient.html

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2001, 11:25:00 AM »
 I'm convinced now beyond any doubt that WB III was released into a so called pay 'open beta' not because it was 'ready' or needed 'load testing' but because it was all they had left up thier sleeve to try and retain customers.

"For the first three months of 2001, the Company has maintained approximately the same amount of cash as at December 31, 2000. This has been accomplished primarily by reducing expenses and carrying and increasing trade payables. The Company's cash flow, however, depends upon numerous factors beyond its control, including the rates and volume of Internet advertising and the pay-for-play gaming market, which have both declined in recent months. If our cash flows from Internet advertising and/or the pay-for-play gaming market continue to decrease, the Company's future liquidity will be adversely affected.
Furthermore, although the Company's cash flow has remained neutral so far this year, its liabilities have been steadily increasing. Consequently, although the Companycontinues to have cash and cash equivalents of approximately $0.4 million, its auditors have raised substantial doubt about the Company's ability to continue as a going concern. If the Company does not generate sufficient revenues, it may have to raise additional capital, which will result in substantial dilution to the Company's current shareholders. Moreover, as a result of its low stock price and the probable delisting of our common stock from The Nasdaq SmallCap Market(TM), the Company may not be able to
raise additional capital or may be able to raise capital only on materially adverse terms."

And that is the bottom line  

I hope HTC is doing better.

-Westy

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »
Straying from the topic, have you seen the bug board over there?  They got a long road ahead of them before this product is ready for production.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2001, 12:07:00 PM »
 CC Ripsnort. Agree 100%.  I stopped checking there during the second or third week after the WB IIII alph__ er "beta" released.

-W

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2001, 01:31:00 PM »
This is starting to make sense now:

~Release your Beta product (Actually Alpha)and retain the customer base you have by making it an Open/Closed beta (ie. you have to be a paying member to have access to open beta, misnomer no?)
~Show potential buyers that you have an establish customer base (that's actually slaved to 2.77 via the opportunity to view WBIII Alpha) in your current software.
~Show the potential for the future software release (WBIII) to the prospective buyer, and/or shareholders, and hope to God that your stock value increases with the potential that your Alpha code holds, in the mean time, if that doesn't work ,the alpha holds a value in the sense that a 'prospective' buyer would see a gleem in the future.

Hmmm, doesn't look good for WB's, hope they can find a buyer soon, don't think we could fit all of our egos in one arena in AH!  

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2001, 01:42:00 PM »
Well, they put out the press release stating they were "on the block" something like six months ago.
This isn't the first time they've been delisted.  Wait, maybe it is.  They were downgraded to SmallCap, now it's delisting outright.
It went down from 14 to 11 cents/share today.

KEep in mind in your discussions that people's jobs depend on the success of this company, and thus that it is something of a tragedy.

Someone call the bugler.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2001, 02:01:00 PM »
Dinger, I don't think theres a AH member that would honestly like to see WB's go bankrupt..monopolies within markets are a BAD thing for consumers, and, there's alot of things that WB's can offer up that AH can't, and visa versa!  True, tis sad that folks will lose jobs, but, theres a silver lining in every cloud!

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
iEN delisted
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2001, 03:00:00 PM »
Well I do think one of the major mistakes of ien was going public, puts to much pressure to make money at all costs.

As far as WB3, I dont they should've released it yet, it's buggy but beautiful. They should have waited a few more months to basically finish it then just do an open beta to load test, but that's just me.

Rip I agree with you, I do hope that IEN stays afloat been giving them cash now for 3 years of playing, but if it goes down there is AH, WW2 online, and a few others in the works.

Ideally, I would like to see warbirds just owned by the developers, but it's not going to happen.

oh well,

Narsus
"WB player"

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2001, 03:05:00 PM »
>They got a long road ahead of them before
>this product is ready for production.

I think they're far past the point of letting such minor details prevent them from starting to charge for it.  

They'll be billing for it before end of May my guess.  And the faithful will line up calm as Hindu cows for the priviledge.  

Or EA will by them to replace the AW crew. (tho they've prolly have had their fill of the flightsim crowd lol.)

Regards,
Wab

[This message has been edited by AKWabbit (edited 04-04-2001).]
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2001, 03:53:00 PM »
"Or EA will by them to replace ...AW "

I think this bit of speculation has sprouted simultaneously in several different newsgroups.

EA could get it for a song compared to whatever it would have cost to develop AW-4. Which had only begun being coded back in February.
 May even be less costly than trying to patch and improve the existing AW to try to make it competative.

No matter what. WB III won't disappear even if iEN did, imo.

-Westy

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2001, 05:39:00 PM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
This is starting to make sense now:

~Release your Beta product (Actually Alpha)and retain the customer base you have by making it an Open/Closed beta (ie. you have to be a paying member to have access to open beta, misnomer no?)
~Show potential buyers that you have an establish customer base (that's actually slaved to 2.77 via the opportunity to view WBIII Alpha) in your current software.
~Show the potential for the future software release (WBIII) to the prospective buyer, and/or shareholders, and hope to God that your stock value increases with the potential that your Alpha code holds, in the mean time, if that doesn't work ,the alpha holds a value in the sense that a 'prospective' buyer would see a gleem in the future.

HEHEHE!!! Sooner or later every software company will be Borged to the M$ "sales" plan

------------------
OhNooo
smile awhile
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stop playing

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2001, 07:23:00 PM »
Interesting insight into the challenges that a game closer to home faces and back ground for some of the things that happen financial wise.
Not all of us have been arround these games to know the pitfalls.(i havent)

Offline Smut

• Copper Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2001, 07:23:00 PM »
I'd say the chances of EA buying Warbirds is about equal to them releasing Jane's A-10 or Jane's F-15 2.0.

Don't hold your breath.

-Smut

Originally posted by AKWabbit:
>They got a long road ahead of them before
>this product is ready for production.

I think they're far past the point of letting such minor details prevent them from starting to charge for it.    

They'll be billing for it before end of May my guess.  And the faithful will line up calm as Hindu cows for the priviledge.    

Or EA will by them to replace the AW crew. (tho they've prolly have had their fill of the flightsim crowd lol.)

Regards,
Wab

[This message has been edited by AKWabbit (edited 04-04-2001).]

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2001, 01:22:00 AM »
And there are other potential giants out there.  Maddox Game's Sturmovik will certainly send a shock wave when it comes out.  Yes, it has been delayed of late, but that has more to do with the Ubisoft acquisition of Blue Byte, than any development snags.  Once the Blue Byte servers are relocated at Ubisoft's Montreal offices, the beta process will begin in earnest.  And who's to say this game can't go MMP?  It all depends on the code ...

------------------
leonid, Kompol
5 GvIAP VVS-KA, Knights

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."
ingame: Raz

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
iEN delisted
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2001, 09:27:00 AM »
 Maddox IL2 is eagerly awaited but I don't think it can, or is even meant to, compete with MMPOG like FA, AW, AH or WB's. In other words folks won't be leaving AH or WB's droves for the limited online play of IL2.  I just don't see this 'shock' coming that some predict.

As for EA buying up iEN for WB III. Unlikely as has been pointed out they want to be the mecca for Bingo players and Hot Bunny Love Bops players. But stanger things have happened. MotorCiry Online will be out soon enough and that doesn't fit that mold. It is however an "'invented here' product and they've always been into racing and sports. I imagine those will be the "anchor attractions" in an EA.com online gaming "portal." If they stcik with the current AW then it shows they are ignorant as to what folks want or they really do want to just dump the flight sim biche. When subscriber numbers dwidnle they'll can it due to non-interest with thier customer base.

-Westy