Author Topic: repeating history  (Read 311 times)

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
repeating history
« on: September 23, 2001, 04:10:00 PM »
is it just me or is us becoming buddy buddy with these northern alliance guys remind you just a LITTLE of what the US did with Saddam Hussein and the afghanis already before in the 80s?

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
repeating history
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2001, 05:26:00 PM »
It's ok though, because those we now support are fighting against a common foe, a huge and terrifying force that threatens our very way of life.

Wait a minute... I'm sure I've heard that before...

Hopefully this time things will be done a little differently, and we don't just forget about the situation after the job is 'done'. Clearly this policy has not worked in the past.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
repeating history
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2001, 06:14:00 PM »
Yes, when you have a need or opportunity to ally either with a group that is 95% pure evil and another group that is 90% pure evil....

no matter which one you choose, you'll be held accountable for it later.

If even picking one or the other allows some good to be done.

That's how it works.. d*mned if you do, d*mned if you don't.

It's sooooo easy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!