Author Topic: Hangover Ratings  (Read 448 times)

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
Hangover Ratings
« on: April 04, 2001, 11:53:00 AM »
Does any of this sound somewhat familiar?

1 star hangover *

No pain. No real feeling of illness.. Your sleep last night was a mere disco nap which is giving you a whole lot of misplaced energy. Be glad that you are able to function relatively well.  However, you are still parched. You can drink 10 bottles of water and still feel this way. Even vegetarians are craving a Cheeseburger and a side of fries.

2 star hangover **

Slight headache. Don't feel sick, but something is definitely amiss. You may look okay but you have the attention span and mental capacity of a stapler. The coffee you chug to try and remain focused is only exacerbating your rumbling gut, which is craving a full English breakfast. Last night has wreaked havoc on your bowels and even though you have a nice demeanor about the office, you are costing your employer valuable money because all you really can handle is aimlessly surfing the net and writing junk e-mails.

3 star hangover ***

Definite headache. Stomach feels crappy. You are definitely a space cadet and so not productive. Anytime a girl walks by you gag because her perfume reminds you of the random gin shots you did with your alcoholic friends after the bouncer kicked you out at 1:45 a.m. Life would be better right now if you were in your bed with a dozen donuts and a liter of coke watching Good Morning with Richard and Judy.  You've had 4 cups of coffee, a gallon of water, 2 Sausage Rolls and a liter of diet coke - yet you haven't peed once.

4 star hangover ****

Your head is throbbing and you can't speak too quickly or else you might honk. You have lost the will to live. Your boss has already lambasted you for being late and has given you a lecture for reeking of booze. You wore nice clothes, but that can't hide the fact that you missed an oh-so crucial spot shaving, (girls, it looks like you put your make-up on while riding the bumper cars), your teeth have sweaters, your eyes look like one big vein and your hair style makes you look like a reject from the class picture of Moss side secondary school circa 1976. You would give a weeks pay for one the following: 1. Home time, 2. A duvet and somewhere to be alone, or 3. A time machine so you could go back and NOT have gone out the night before.

5 star hangover (aka Dante's 4th Circle of Hell) *****

: You have a second heartbeat in your head which is actually scaring the employee who sits next to you. Death seems pretty good right now. You can't focus as your eyes are scrunched up against the overpowering glare from your computer screen Rancid vodka vapour is seeping out of every pore, staining your shirt and making you dizzy. You still have toothpaste crust in the corners of your mouth, at least you think it's toothpaste crust. You don't give a damn either way. Your body has lost the ability to generate saliva and your tongue is suffocating you. You'd cry but that would take the last of the moisture left in your body. Talking is not an option. Your boss doesn't even get mad at you and your co-workers think that your dog just died because you look so pathetic. You should have called in sick because all you can manage to do is breathe....very gently.

I haven't hit a 5 Star hangover. Ever. Hit a few 3 star ones, but never a 5.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"For yay did the sky darken, and split open and spew forth fire, and
through the smoke rode the Four Wurgers of the Apocalypse.
And on their canopies was tattooed the number of the Beast, and the
number was 190." Jedi, Verse Five, Capter Two, The Book of Dweeb

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Hangover Ratings
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2001, 12:18:00 PM »
How do you define 6- or 7star hangover?
I'm in 3-4 star hangover in second day after boozing  

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Hangover Ratings
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »
I've hit a few 4's, but I wasn't stupid enough to go to work.  

Unfortunately, I NEVER get sick from drinking.  I sometimes wished I could have, as I'm sure it would have eased the long term suffering.  I just pass out and end up with a gargantuan hangover instead.  D'oh.

I've hit a 5 once when I was young and stupid.  I was hung over for over two days.  That was really borderline alcohol poisoning.

Luckily, I'm not stupid enough to do that anymore.  At least not to that extreme.  These days too much good red wine will give me a bit of a hangover, but nothing a couple Tylenol and a huge english breakfast at the local greasy spoon won't fix. <G>

Lephturn

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Hangover Ratings
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2001, 01:33:00 PM »
Left something out of the 5 star:

You spend most of the next day trying to remember how you ended up in bed.

It's been a long time, but I remember enough of the 5 star days to cut myself off when I need to.  

------------------
Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Hangover Ratings
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
Staga, oh, I understand you...

When you drink for the whole weekend (hard night from Friday to Monday), it's hard even to breath after it's finished.

The usual problem is that your digestion switches to alcohol consumption completely and it's difficult to make it accept food again. Most of my hangovers are just because of the lack of nutrition and too much cigarettes.

6 or 7 stars hangover makes you search for some heart medicine, then you'll have to CAREFULLY try to feed yourself. If food finaly stays in place - then you can think of a beer or two.

The trick is not to drink beer too early: you can get drunk again, and it goes over again. Usually I wait until I feel absolutely sober and headache stops. Hands start shaking, and you have to watch yourself and not spill the beer.

I think that all that vodka/brandy after a hardcore boothing is opportunism and leads to another unconcious day (in Russian it's called "zapoy").

Medicines like soluble aspirin usually are useless. You need to have your heart working fine - that's all.

Mondays must be declared a day off.

Always drink outdoor if you can, but not too far from warm shelter.

Eat while you drink. For vodka there is nothing better then salted herring and hot boiled potatoes. Salted cucumbers, mushrooms, onions, black bread - and 99% that you'll be OK tomorrow.

------------------
With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    Commissar 25th IAP WB VVS

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Hangover Ratings
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2001, 02:16:00 PM »
Been right past 5 star on a few occasions.  I was past 3 star for about 6 straight years in the military.

Had a Zambuka hangover that was perhaps the worst I've ever suffered through.  A couple of incidents with Vodka come in second and third.  Whiskey and Tequilla were never a problem.  Gin wasn't too bad as far as hangovers went, but it did things to my inards that were downright cruel.

Oh.. God.. I completely forgot about the target vommitting and hangovers associated with the 2 litre bottles of "California Whine Coolers" back in the teenage days.

Man.. almost makes you wonder why I don't get really drunk anymore.

AKDejaVu