Author Topic: Compare the game  (Read 1147 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Compare the game
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2005, 07:33:49 AM »
Actually, think there is already 2 or 3 people in the process of writing articles on attacking Bombers,, articles on dive bombing, articles on GV assaults, articles on Ship & shore Battery Guns etc.... They should be out very soon. To add IF anyone has any articles they have written, please email them to me at TequilaChaser(@)flyaceshigh.com      Thank You

as for Training,

Jethro, feel free to drop us an email at Trainers(@)hitechcreations.com  or Trainers(@)flyaceshigh.com

this way the whole Training team will get it and you will get a response quickly if you need help with anything.

and Welcome to Aces High II

NOTE* the ( & ) around the @ is for avoiding the spam bots from picking up on ones email address
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Compare the game
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2005, 07:35:51 AM »
Originally posted by Larry
poooo long time no see man you figure out what spit skin you ganna do when they come out?

yo tk ive had a ton of work to do, and at the moment cant (and cant be bothered) to do a skin around now. its one of those things im really bad at because i get bored fairly easy :D

hey, do you wanna go to the TA and show jethro a few moves with me later?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 07:37:57 AM by Pooface »

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Compare the game
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2005, 07:44:05 AM »
I would sure hope htc would build training videos and make a more intersting help file.

Also intersting a section about weapons where the ammo speed, kinetic and chemical impact power is listed for all the weapons. Seriously, if ah is lacking anything than its lack of comprehensive documentation, one that is in one piece.

I know there are tons of intersting articles on net aces, but much of the basic data is missing and not there.

Aircraft profiles with a short history of how many in service from when to when.
Aircraft performance with range/speed/fuel consumptio/wight/power.

Sure there are a lot of tables somewhere... but verry few hard data.

Also selecting aircraft in the hanger would be much nicer to see some tecnical data and history numbers about the ac to select.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Compare the game
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2005, 07:50:43 AM »
Originally posted by Pooface
yo tk ive had a ton of work to do, and at the moment cant (and cant be bothered) to do a skin around now. its one of those things im really bad at because i get bored fairly easy :D

hey, do you wanna go to the TA and show jethro a few moves with me later?

yea been screwing around in there for the past 45mins with your squadie
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
Compare the game
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2005, 09:17:17 AM »
oh, BTW, AH has something that you il2 guys always REALLY love. it has the best view system in the entire industry! one of the only games ive found that you can actually get a rear cockpit view

this alone made AH preferable to il2, there are alot of things and even practical realism sacrificed in il2 for better graphics, which means less interactivity.  If you have track ir you will go ape #$@# over vector expansion, HTC did a nice job of   its integration.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Compare the game
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2005, 09:58:52 AM »
Aces high is by far the most real feeling of flying and shooting at the same time i have ever found. add to that every single plane, vehical and boat is controled by a person in the world somewhere.

we even get to run round with a pistol when we eject, wont belong before we get para raids to capture the town with infantry modeled....:aok

then Aceshigh will be the best historic war game of all time.

its already the best allround video game ive ever played. nothing else has hooked me for more than a few months. IL2 was boring in days, even with no icons and hardest opponents. and the flight model of IL2 is rubbish compared.

it matters not if AH2 is totaly acurate to life or not, but it has its definite boundries and performances for each plane that reamin a constant, you know your opponents.

well......i could go on...
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Compare the game
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2005, 11:14:09 AM »
Originally posted by mechanic
Aces high is by far the most real feeling of flying and shooting at the same time i have ever found. add to that every single plane, vehical and boat is controled by a person in the world somewhere.

we even get to run round with a pistol when we eject, wont belong before we get para raids to capture the town with infantry modeled....:aok

then Aceshigh will be the best historic war game of all time.

its already the best allround video game ive ever played. nothing else has hooked me for more than a few months. IL2 was boring in days, even with no icons and hardest opponents. and the flight model of IL2 is rubbish compared.

it matters not if AH2 is totaly acurate to life or not, but it has its definite boundries and performances for each plane that reamin a constant, you know your opponents.

well......i could go on...

yeah, thats what i love about it, its never the same, which means its very hard to get bored of. the thing is, that aces high has the opportunity to be the no.1 pc game of all time, everyone loves it, its just that its so underground. i mean, most of us all found out about it just snooping around the back alleys of the net. if AH had a little more publicity, itd be a world wide phenominon

Offline Jethro_Bodine

• Zinc Member
Compare the game
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2005, 12:19:50 PM »
Ok I started playing (had to sleep when I got home.. too tired) and well it's different. :D  ofcoarce i had to jump right in the main room first but I got lost then killed myself rofl then found a badguy and shot him down then I got shot down. I just didn't seem to be able to get my P-51 up to speed. I'm heading for the training room now.

Name:     Bodine
Spicoli

Offline Callisto

• Copper Member
Compare the game
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2005, 01:27:31 PM »
Originally posted by Pooface
oh, BTW, AH has something that you il2 guys always REALLY love. it has the best view system in the entire industry! one of the only games ive found that you can actually get a rear cockpit view.

Well said!

no game comes close to AH when it comes to incockpit view system.

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
Compare the game
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2005, 08:43:37 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
Superdud, and Megadud (both players) are actually brother and sister.  

Really!  :huh    I   did   not   know   that!  Uh, which one is which?  ;)
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Blixen

• Silver Member
      • http://475thfg.bravehost.com/
Compare the game
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2005, 09:49:53 PM »
hiya bodine  tampa fl here:D