Author Topic: About the community...  (Read 666 times)

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
About the community...
« on: October 13, 2005, 09:55:07 AM »
In reference to recent (now locked) posts about the players and community of AH

Look, sure we have online jerks, and griefers and whatever.  We have our share of dweebs, smack-talkers and s.  However, last year, when my son was missing, with the exception of one person (that I will not name), this group of guys and gals showed their absolute quality in my eyes.  I may have my own shouting/typing/wit matches with people from time to time, but I think you are an awesome group and I wouldn't fly (virtually) anywhere else.  For that matter, just in the time I have been back, I have seen case after case of this community coming together to share concern for hurricane victims, people that lost homes, deaths, etc.  My wife still appreciates so much the offers of support that came from this group. My son still has his Aces High Bear.  I had guys offer services and access to resources that you would not believe if I told you.  And who am I to them?  People who I had been talking smack to the night before were right there to help when it meant the most.  Real life means more than all of this and in real life is where you all showed your quality.

No, I have nothing bad to say about this community.

So, furball, kill tool-sheds, milk-run, head-on, maintain shade accounts, win the war, whatever.  I appreciate everyone of you.  I get much more out of it than I pay into it from my perspective.

BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
About the community...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 10:01:27 AM »
here here ::raises glass::

:aok

Offline Smiggyy

• Copper Member
Salute
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 10:06:43 AM »
Sorta puts it all into perspective somewhat.

Good post and well said!

<>

:aok

Smiggy

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
About the community...
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 10:07:28 AM »
Nice post ... <> Blammo
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline NAVCAD

• Zinc Member
Nice post ... <<S>> Blammo
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 10:54:48 AM »
Ditto Blammo!

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
About the community...
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 11:48:19 AM »
Amen!

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
About the community...
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 12:04:17 PM »
You put it all in the right perspective
You're a wise man Blammo
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
About the community...
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 03:07:15 PM »
It's disappointing that so many people take the game so very personally, and think the gameID is the man, when it's usually not the case.

It is, however, good to know that, when something occurs outside the realm of the game, a surprising number of people show concern for the well being of others and their families. The situations with RedTop, Guppy, Rod, and Blammo are the ones that immediately spring to mind, but there have been quite a few other times when the outpouring of support or concern has been touching.

However, you are all still dweebs.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
About the community...
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 04:03:45 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
It's disappointing that so many people take the game so very personally, and think the gameID is the man, when it's usually not the case.

It is, however, good to know that, when something occurs outside the realm of the game, a surprising number of people show concern for the well being of others and their families. The situations with RedTop, Guppy, Rod, and Blammo are the ones that immediately spring to mind, but there have been quite a few other times when the outpouring of support or concern has been touching.

like the time we all chipped in to get you that transvestite surgery you were so desperatly wanting? The one you said you couldn't live without...

J/K :p :cool:

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
About the community...
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 04:12:28 PM »
Originally posted by megadud
like the time we all chipped in to get you that transvestite surgery you were so desperatly wanting? The one you said you couldn't live without...

J/K :p :cool:

Some of us appreciate the "mangina" thank you very much....

I love all of you as well... in the "GOOD" way.  

Blammo, good post.

I'm going to go and get in touch with my feelings now...

ewww, feelings are all sticky  :O

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
About the community...
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 05:56:12 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire

By Blammo
Look, sure we have online jerks, and griefers and whatever. We have our share of dweebs, smack-talkers and s. However, last year, when my son was missing, with the exception of one person (that I will not name), this group of guys and gals showed their absolute quality in my eyes. I may have my own shouting/typing/wit matches with people from time to time, but I think you are an awesome group and I wouldn't fly (virtually) anywhere else. For that matter, just in the time I have been back, I have seen case after case of this community coming together to share concern for hurricane victims, people that lost homes, deaths, etc. My wife still appreciates so much the offers of support that came from this group. My son still has his Aces High Bear. I had guys offer services and access to resources that you would not believe if I told you. And who am I to them? People who I had been talking smack to the night before were right there to help when it meant the most. Real life means more than all of this and in real life is where you all showed your quality.

No, I have nothing bad to say about this community.

So, furball, kill tool-sheds, milk-run, head-on, maintain shade accounts, win the war, whatever. I appreciate everyone of you. I get much more out of it than I pay into it from my perspective.

I agree. Like Balmmo you guys really have no idea what all the kind words , prayers and best wishes and thoughts meant to me and my family. The squad I am CO of ,well you just don't know how much they asked about my Mom.

My Mom knew of all the people that were wishing her thier best and praqying for her. She was very aware of the escape factor I could get if even for a few minutes. She was so appreciative of all of you.

Anyway...Blammo makes a great point.

Well Said Blammo and Hubs.

Thanks to all of you for making an ID feel welcome in a virtual world.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
About the community...
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 11:56:53 PM »

Nice write;)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
About the community...
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 04:10:06 AM »