Author Topic: anybody interested.........  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
anybody interested.........
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2005, 04:15:09 PM »
I did/do. CT has always been like this and always will. The people flying agenst you in the CT are your enemys and you wanna kill them, but if they swich over theres your buddys and you help em. And all this is just talk the sooner you realize that the sooner you'll start accepting it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 04:20:02 PM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2005, 04:27:01 PM »
It's been a while since I've been in here TK.

I don't think any of you guys do it on purpose but all the little cuts and jabs and criticism in here isn't good.  Not for the CT and not for the game in general.  That's my opinion and I've seen it expressed by other people too.

I miss the CT and hope it comes back to large numbers and a regular Thursday night mission would be a good place for you guys to start. It's up to you.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2005, 04:41:39 PM »
Iv always liked TNMs but 75% of the time someone who didnt read the "rules" to it ruined the fun for everyone else, but the other 25% time it was a fricking blast. I was thinking B17s, P47D-25s vs. 109G6s and 190A8s.
But if you want to get  realistic we can take the jugs and G6s out since its "Black Thursday".

And yes if theres not enough buff pilots ID love to be one, but flying with squadies in our planes comes first if numbers are even.

Edit: Our first "Black Thursday"  mission last year.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 04:51:28 PM by Larry »
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2005, 05:25:54 PM »
Originally posted by storch
batfink who?

you know, that guy who always is forced to chase you for miles be it vertically or horizontally to finish off vulching you in your ack.

infact, the same batfink that when flying on the axis side, you formed up on his wing, and proceded to shoot at him. Well of course after parts started falling off batfink's plane, and killshooter was definitely off, he smiled as he reversed the fight and shot you down. that batfink.

doesnt really proove TK's theory that when your enemy switches sides he is your friend and you help him. :D

want the films?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2005, 06:04:37 PM »
Brit fight!!!!!!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2005, 06:21:51 PM »
Originally posted by mechanic
all you guys want is a to improve your fighter ranks by having a load of buff to shoot down. Im sorry but i call major BS for once.

Just got back from Boston, and I see that our favorite Englishman is missing a good experience.

Batfink, the Tuesday and Thursday night missions, in their heyday, were really a lot of fun, almost mini-scenarios.  As a couple of people have already noted, this setup lends itself to those missions.  Typically people would log on at around 9:30 or 10pm (note:  all times in eastern time, usa).  They'd divide themselves up over Channel 200 - "need some more B17 pilots," or "need some more interceptors," that sort of thing.  At the pre-announced time, everyone would stop what he/she was doing, head for the hanger, grab the ride and take off.  The targets usually weren't announced in advance, so the Germans would have to guess.  The Americans would launch from far enough to the rear that they could grab 20-30k by the time they hit the front line.  If you got shot down, you grabged a fighter and headed to the place where you were most likely to find people who had descended to lower altitudes.  It worked really well, usually lasted until 11 pm or maybe a bit later (if people started on time).  Very much to be experienced.

And remember:  In the CT, very few care about rank.

- oldman

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2005, 06:29:21 PM »
rgr that oldman, understood.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

storch

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2005, 07:08:40 PM »
never heard of it

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2005, 07:28:02 PM »
so you do want films storch? :D

storch

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2005, 09:31:42 PM »
from whom?

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2005, 12:08:54 AM »
from batfink, of the time you tried to shoot him down when kill shooter was off and he killed you. :D   i geuss you dont want him to do that.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2005, 04:43:18 AM »
from batfink, of the time you tried to shoot him down when kill shooter was off and he killed you. :D   i geuss you dont want him to do that.

LOL he did the same to me, he exploded and everyone lived happily ever after.

it was highly amusing.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2005, 06:55:28 AM »
all you guys want is a to improve your fighter ranks by having a load of buff to shoot down. Im sorry but i call major BS for once.

I will only agree that its a good idea if you JG54 lot all fly allied and in the buffs.

tell me why not.

Actually the large number of Buffs we used to get to fly these Thursday night gigs back in the day did very well. It was never easy to fly a 109 or 190 into a huge formation of B-17s , with Checkertail P51s nipping at your rear. The B-17s were usualy around 28K where the FW190 was weezing for air so many used 109s that don't hold up to the punishment of the 50cals very well.
You might want to try it once before po pooing it away. The only time the Buffs really faired bad on these setups was if it was B-26s at medium alt or if the Luftwaffe had 262s. I flew these missions as JG-3 and JG54 and they were never easy for us.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2005, 06:58:33 AM »
Lowe where the hell you been?
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2005, 07:11:25 AM »
Waiting on TOD to come out.;)

The CT got to where there was nobody in it , or if there were people in it. They were ethier insulting everybody in sight. Or they all wanted their own little personal battles , and got pissed if you shot at somebody.
It got too annoying and confusing. I'm getting too old I like things simple. Like this side shoots at that side, and dead men don't whine.:p

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV