Author Topic: OT: Opr Flashpoint: mission altered by 10Bears  (Read 1046 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
OT: Opr Flashpoint: mission altered by 10Bears
« on: April 06, 2001, 04:03:00 PM »
<S> and heya fellas,

I altered the RedDawn mission. Theres a lil surprise for your gunships if you bring them too close to the village. I suggest you deploy a couple of miles away and send in a fire team for that ZSU. You can use the choppers for that other tank if you have to. Also made it an hour eariler, gave your guy night vision and flares.  http://www.ilhawaii.net/~bear1/zips/BlackNight.zip
10Bears
If anyone has questions on how to unlock flashpoint demo, write to me at bear1@bigisland.com I have the links for the hex editor and instructions. Won't post in public forum out of respect for Codemasters

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2001, 04:50:00 PM »
Codemasters are impressing me.

Has anyone else played Blade of Darkness?  The combat system is great, and the lighting/graphics are simply jaw-droppin'.

Check it out!

Blade of Darkness Site

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2001, 06:12:00 PM »
OFP is a great game..

Tho, Kratzer, Codemasters are publishers, but BIS (bohemia studio) is the creator.. I think they're amazing more  

Just too bad that OFP doesnt offer World war II weapons, that would make me up to 7th heaven..
well, maybe thats just another RS thing for me   (if it doesnt exist, make it exist  )

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2001, 06:21:00 PM »
Thanks 10Bears! OFP rocks. The demo has kept my interest longer than most full games I've played recently.

------------------
Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

TheWobble

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2001, 06:43:00 PM »
hehe I already traded one T72 with the ZSU onece before.

I sneak in and kill it with AT and then have a chopper drop all of my guys right into the middle of town, and i pick off any turds who try to make for the woods with My dragunov

OFP is an amazing game...

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2001, 06:45:00 PM »
S!

I just played the demo of OFP.It is great and very challenging.About the editing the game.Bohemia/Codemasters haven't stated(yet) that making new missions by editing the game is illegal or doomed by them.I even read on some boards that they thought it shows ppl want this game and make already new missions.Active community is a  good thing!My 2 cents...

------------------
DB603
3.Lentue
Lentolaivue 34

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2001, 06:48:00 PM »
Rau have you figured out how to add waypoints for al units? I haven't been able to find that out in the tutorals
 http://members.tripod.com/lustypooh/

Also haven't been able to locate object classes in demo. I'd like to add sandbags, ammo crates flagpole etc..

Heh.. the offical page says they will have civilians only male.. I can understand. Some 12 yr old boy would heard the male civilians into a house then lob a granade, then ask the female civilians which sword they want... (Opps that was sick)
10Bears

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2001, 09:06:00 PM »
true true... I guess I was referring more to their ability to find good developers with great games and get 'em to me shelf... hehe

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2001, 09:23:00 PM »
how do i unlock it so i can do the mission?

udie

i have a hex editor...

TheWobble

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2001, 10:42:00 PM »

About the editing the game.Bohemia/Codemasters haven't stated(yet) that making new missions by editing the game is illegal or doomed by them

They have issued an offical letter stating that they dont mind the modding to the demo one bit... here

Dear Operation Flashpoint fellows,

Thank you for your interest in the game we are developing. Excitement raised after the release of Operation Flashpoint Demo was enormous. We are glad four years development of the game has been recognized and there are many people enjoying the Demo.

After seeing so many add-ons, custom made missions and tools for the Demo and having noticed some related complaints and concerns, we do believe it is time to make a clear statement.

First of all, we would like to ensure you the Demo has revealed only very small fraction of the game. You have tasted some nifty things that will be present in Operation Flashpoint, but the full game is bringing you much, much more than the Demo could with any add-ons or user made missions.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2001, 11:21:00 PM »

Originally posted by Udie:
how do i unlock it so i can do the mission?

udie

i have a hex editor...
http://bigdukesix.launchpoint.net/ofphack

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2001, 08:22:00 AM »
Been hearing about this game.  Think I'll d/l it tonight.  But, can I play Eastern Bloc too?
ingame: Raz

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2001, 10:08:00 AM »

Originally posted by leonid:
Been hearing about this game.  Think I'll d/l it tonight.  But, can I play Eastern Bloc too?

There are some custom missions and you can also edit the mission.

Ps. no need to use hex, theres utility called 'fpeditor' which will export / import files in the mission file.
Though, I don't remember URL.
You can edit mission with wordpad  

TheWobble

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2001, 05:51:00 PM »
ill post all the OFP missions and utilities on my EX-AH site tommorrow..

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2001, 07:37:00 PM »
S!

Just tested one custom mission for the demo.WHOA those lighting effects!A soldier fired a LAW on a T72.The blinding flash,smoke and burning rocket motor lighting the surroundings followed by the strike of the warhead!Simply stunning!And then began the T72 125mm cannon speak it's ugly language of DOOM!U can guess this game really suck Ya in..Not brainless shoot'em up.A MUST to my collection of original games.

------------------
DB603
3.Lentue
Lentolaivue 34