Author Topic: yup.. wb catching up fast... anyone left?  (Read 759 times)

Offline Checksix

• Zinc Member
yup.. wb catching up fast... anyone left?
« on: July 10, 2001, 06:55:00 AM »
some pretty funny writing from a banished wb player.  :D
 http://www.wfwphq.org/cfpmain.html

zuma..... i enjoyed every line.  :)

real sad state at ien.  i heard from a squaddy they dumped a bunch more wb3 developrs out in the street last week.  so, who's left? hehehe... oh yea, i forgot hotseat is still there.  :D

kind of hard to write programs with no programmers.  :D

maybe they can get littman and rich roberts from zumas column to start coding.  ;)

what u think of that idea HABICHT?

Offline Macchi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2001, 07:03:00 AM »
Laugh like you want. All WB3 programmers are still on board.
I even know there are people working on WW1 planes for WB3 engine.
So what. Now go and play with your funny fantasy P47 model here  :D

Macchi

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2001, 07:39:00 AM »
The authors personal comments aside, his assesment of the weekend in DOA, ie. the gleeful and immediate toasting of anyone new to the arena was correct. No mercy is really expected by newbies (I was one of them) but to see most of the vets to that game working together for quick easy kills and base captures seemed to be counterproductive if the idea was to entice people into playing and staying.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2001, 07:46:00 AM »
Hehe, Jim, so true.  I looked up elitism in the dictionary, guess whos picture was there?  ;)

Offline Checksix

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2001, 10:33:00 AM »
Originally posted by Macchi:
All WB3 programmers are still on board.  I even know there are people working on WW1 planes for WB3 engine.
Macchi

might want to ask again before speakin too loud since they're yankin your chain like everyone elses.  ;)

mr personality hotseat loves to yak out of school to anyone who listens.  :D

they had another bunch of layoffs same as few months ago .....   more people axed includin wb3 team programmers.  noticed they kept all the expensive managers though.  i guess their really important for the future.  ;)

lol...  :D wwi planes and flyin tanks...

maybe they shud finish wb3 as a wwii flight sim before wanderin all over the place pretending they have something big and special.

don't know who u are but your livin in your own fantasy land that's on its way out and its things like their constant BS that got them there.  :)

i may not be the brightest lightbulb but even i can see thru the crappy con job they've been dishin out for months.  :D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2001, 11:42:00 AM »
Checksix, in defense of Warbirds, they have a fine product, just ignore the attitudes of Lemming and Hotseat, fly the sim, ignore the elitism, and you'll enjoy it,....if the company goes out of business, so be it, HTC will always be here.  Their graphics are stunning in WBIII, but, as an original beta tester in CK (WB's in the early days) to WB2.76...its just the same ol' to me (Along with connections, I left).

Offline chisel1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2001, 09:03:00 PM »
So, who got laid off?

Who's this 'Squaddie'? And where did he hear this?

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2001, 12:13:00 AM »
If there are no programmers left at Warbirds, why do I have to periodically download a new version of WB3?  (which, because they don't use an incremental updater, is a massive 85MBytes each time  :(   )

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2001, 12:42:00 AM »
If there are no programmers left at Warbirds, why do I have to periodically download a new version of WB3?  (which, because they don't use an incremental updater, is a massive 85MBytes each time  :(   )

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2001, 01:38:00 AM »
Yah gotta admit... somethin's weird there...

They haven't worked out the FMs, there's prollems with the cockpits, it won't even run on some computers.... Yet, they're spending time builing alla these ground vehicles?

I know hotseat says "after 13 years of flyin' planes I'm looking for a change of pace"... But shouldn't he get the game working before he even thinks about introducing GVs?

Offline Checksix

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2001, 05:55:00 AM »
Originally posted by chisel:
 So, who got laid off? Who's this 'Squaddie'? And where did he hear this?

do i look like you secretary? get off ur a%^ and do some work yourself. do i have to do all your work for you?  :D

if you really care bout the truth then post a note on agw and ask litman.  :D

you sound like thew only one hs hasn't blabbed to.  ;)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2001, 11:03:00 AM »
I tried WB3 last weekend. The people I chatted with their were very friendly, even though I told them I played AH over any other sim.

I even discussed the relative merits of WB3 vs AH. No negative reaction.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2001, 11:22:00 AM »
I tried the latest build of WBIII. It crashes to desktop every time.

I have periodically thought about renewing my iEN account- then I read something HS says on AGW. That usually is enough to keep me away. I feel that any company that has that type of personality as a spokesman can't be long for the planet.

WBIII is pretty. It does have a big plane set. FM is different, but that is it, different. Relative to one another there is enough difference in the many planes to make them interesting, and let's face it, that is really the point of modeling so many planes.

What does crack me up is HS's constant insinuation that they needed to keep WBIII under wraps as long as possible so that other projects wouldn't steal their ideas- then here we are introducing ground units ala AW, AH, WWIIO, etc. Don't get me wrong, I think they should introduce these elements, and they are a natural progression of the market. HS just has a way of claiming credit for the invention of fire is all.   ;)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2001, 11:34:00 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding:
I tried WB3 last weekend. The people I chatted with their were very friendly, even though I told them I played AH over any other sim.

I even discussed the relative merits of WB3 vs AH. No negative reaction.

That is usually the case, only a few rotten apples over there, all sims have their elitists.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2001, 07:56:00 PM »
WOW!

Just noticed this thread...

Zuma's page is great!

Looks like mr. Roberts is a clown who was hired by iEN, simply to "separate" his lame attempts to act like a "people's revenge" hero from the official company's actions.

Does this glorious warrior include dough from iEN into his tax declaration?

Damn, I signed up as a WB player 1.5 years before Weiser, and he teaches me what I can play and what I can't make!

That "lawyer" spread rumours about us, saying that Russian WB patch (that doesn't violate a single line in an iEN EULA!!!) is a trojan. More to say: his last invention was to say that Aike was in prison!!! I wonder when he'll find a proof that Aike was sentenced for cannibalism!

iEN announces "free weekends" and other "free events". Great marketing to halvanize the corpse. But if you decide to sign up for this events - please try to enter Russia, Ukraine or Bulgaria as your country of residence. I bet your account will be deleted in the matter of hours.

Now iEN will face a legal case because they banned one Russian player who payed them for three accounts and was banned and charged for one month that he couldn't fly, because "internal checks" showed that he has the FH software on his HDD. JFYI: the current version of FHLauncher doesn't change a single bit in a WB FE folder. It's a separate program. So, can i call this "internal checks" a "spyware"!?

As for FH legality - Russian militia (police in USSR is called "militia") contacted us after iEN declared that we "stole" their code and stated that we owe them $250K of "lost revenue". Militia's decision was clear: no criminal act detected. So - now the only thing they can do is spread rumours and ban thair own paying customers.

Darvinism in action.