Author Topic: cant get on ah?  (Read 1421 times)

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
cant get on ah?
« on: October 17, 2005, 02:47:39 PM »
I cant get on AH today monday 10/17/05 but there is 177 or so people in the main arena at 3:30 am i the only ones having problems?

I know there moveing the servers or something.
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
cant get on ah?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 09:49:13 PM »
Same here at 10:45 PM EST.

Getting pings to the Ma and seeing 450 people in it
5 people in TA and 6 people in DA
But cant get into any of them.
although the DA started to load then crapped out

Can we get any kind of an ETA as to when the arenas will be available to which areas and when?
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
cant get on ah?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 09:55:56 PM »
Dred, try again.

I just saw this post, tried it, got right in.  Arena has a bunch of peeps in there.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline JB17

• Zinc Member
cant get on ah?
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 12:17:12 AM »
No go for me these past two days.  Probably tried times.:cry

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
cant get on ah?
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 12:20:55 AM »
Check News.

Savvis problem.

AGAIN.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
cant get on ah?
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 12:32:19 AM »
Aware of the Savvis problem, but when I try tracing the route it goes out to 25 hops and dies.

When I go to the game it pings ok and when i try to log on, i get returned to sen d the password page again.
:cry
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
cant get on ah?
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 12:55:38 AM »
I saw the message about disabling firewall in Zone Alarm.  I was having trouble getting on, but the only firewall I had was the Windows one.  I disabled it, and was able to sign on the second time.
Is this supposed to apply to the Windows firewall, or just the Zone Alarm one?

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
cant get on ah?
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 01:04:18 AM »
10-17-05, 11:05 PM PDT. Ping is fine, next to zero variance, no lost packets, as soon as I login get the Lost UDP , switching to TCP, then Host Connection Lost.

Not a Happy Camper here.

:mad:

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
cant get on ah?
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 01:09:31 AM »
SKJohn make sure you allow AH to bypass the Windows firewall. Just open it up for it.

Should apply for all firewalls, software aswell as hardware.

You can chose to just open up the correct ports, I cna't remember which ones though, 4000-4900?
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
cant get on ah?
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 01:20:33 AM »
Just Visual routed it.

"IP packets lost beyond hop 10, IP SAVVIS SAVVIS"

208.172.1.202 and up to 70% packet loss. I bet that since HT is moving servers Savvis isn't going to help out.
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
cant get on ah?
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 01:29:11 AM »
Yes just another savis burp... Skuzzy said that they would have the MA server tranfered to the new isp in around 2 days I think. feel free to correct me Skuzzy. :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Haze22

• Zinc Member
      • http://councilofdragons.com/242squadron/
regarding the downtime
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 02:42:19 AM »
For all you people that are actually po'd about this current situation, get over it and look at the big picture.

If there was anything skuzzy could do he would do it, HTC has some of the best customer service i have come accross, they work with you they help resolve problems. this is something beyond their control.

the internet is layered , each person is relying on someone elses service in order to provide their own, of course its a little annoying but, life isnt fair.

So deal with the downtime, and stop cluttering the damm BB with "new" posts regarding the same thing, you are beating a dead horse now, and it is getting more people po'd than the downtime itself.

to skuzzy and the rest of the HTC crew, i am thankfull for the time and effort you give every day , this is the best ww2 flight sim on the market.

Haze22
242 Squadron

"Remember this. For every precious thing i lose, you will lose two"-Stephen White

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
cant get on ah?
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 03:39:27 AM »
Don't think anyone in this thread blames HTC Haze, the only one who seems to be pissed off is you. Chill. Let people discuss what they wanna discuss.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Offline Haze22

• Zinc Member
      • http://councilofdragons.com/242squadron/
well
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 04:47:09 AM »
Because you are a well respected person in this community i will keep my post respectful

1. i am not mad at anyone, i like to come on here to see whats going on in the AH world not read 1,500 posts about downtime when we already know whats going on , as you can see there are many new threads saying the same thing, the least these people could do is post under one, so as not to clutter the whole bb. that was my point. and yes people are complaining and mad read em you see not all but some .

2. Socom3 came out so i havent missed anything , when ah is up and running again i will play but to be honest i could care less, please dont make me out to be some arogant salamander trying to cause a problem because i am not. i understand the way 3rd parties can make problems for your business , i work for a major pharmacy in the US and we have to deal with moron ins. companies all the time , i was just tryin to make a point , that HTC is a good co. they do their best , but as with any other co. you have to rely on the service of another co. to keep you going . im not a trouble maker or mad at anything, i just hate having to scroll 3 pages to see anything even romotely not having to do with the downtime.

HTC wilbus

Haze22
242 Squadron

"Remember this. for every precious thing i lose, you will lose two"-Stephen white

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
cant get on ah?
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 05:32:16 AM »
i just hate having to scroll 3 pages to see anything even romotely not having to do with the downtime.

Rgr I agree, I missunderstood your post.

Yup HTC is has always had great customer service. Savvis is a real problem though. I belive HTC are moving their servers though, hopefully Savvis will be a thing of the past.

!
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson