Author Topic: Where are the P-51 skins?  (Read 733 times)

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
Where are the P-51 skins?
« on: October 17, 2005, 05:03:55 PM »
Ever since the new 51 model came out, by the looks of this forum,  guys have been cranking out skins for the 51's at an alarming rate.  But I go online and all that's there is the default and two others that were there almost from the beginning.  Where are the new 51 skins??  The downloads page has a skin file from like last September so they're not in there. The game keeps downloading everything but 51's to me.  Are the skins submitted?
I must have my Pony skinfix!!  :D :D
George "Alky®" Fisher

Offline gnubee

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 05:47:29 PM »
I've been wondering the very same thing myself...
I'm guessing they're still going through the approval process, but holy geeze fellers...lets get them in there already! :aok

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 05:47:36 PM »
I have 3 unfinished hahah!!

Big Beautiful Doll is 90% done just some underside details to finish up

American Beauty is about 85% done same details to finish as doll but also needs some weathering.

LOUIV is about 60% done it needs color fading and reflection work and weathering and shading.

will submit the Big Beautiful Doll pretty soon :)
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 09:34:56 PM »
I think they're slowed down by recent connection issues, Mother Nature issues, server moving issues, new plane working issues, TOD refining issues... They're swamped.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 09:49:52 PM »
I submitted mine, but no word yet.  It's number 6 in line.

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: Where are the P-51 skins?
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 10:04:43 PM »
Originally posted by Alky
Ever since the new 51 model came out, by the looks of this forum,  guys have been cranking out skins for the 51's at an alarming rate.  But I go online and all that's there is the default and two others that were there almost from the beginning.  Where are the new 51 skins??  The downloads page has a skin file from like last September so they're not in there. The game keeps downloading everything but 51's to me.  Are the skins submitted?
I must have my Pony skinfix!!  :D :D

Testify Brother.. Testify.:aok
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 10:37:25 AM »
skuzzy said with all the things that are going on the skins have had to wait a little. he was hoping to do a batch last week but first the connection problems and now the server move  are slowing this down.
  he did say he hopes after moving the servers  he  can do some skins for this week.
  chill guys  they are doing the best they can.remember theres not  50 or 60 guys working there.
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 11:24:56 AM »
If Citabria's P-51s aren't in the batch, I'll be disappointed.   Anxious as I am to see all the great new work, I can wait until those are ready.    Would be a shame, as close as they are to being finished, for them to not make it in the next batch...

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 11:34:43 AM »
Originally posted by rogerdee
skuzzy said with all the things that are going on the skins have had to wait a little. he was hoping to do a batch last week but first the connection problems and now the server move  are slowing this down.
  he did say he hopes after moving the servers  he  can do some skins for this week.
  chill guys  they are doing the best they can.remember theres not  50 or 60 guys working there.

That's what I said, lol nobody ever listens to me! :lol

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 11:45:29 AM »
Ahh the old "2 Weeks" of Robert just updated.  Brings tears to my eyes with the memories. :cry    :rofl

Could one of you edumicate me in the process the skins go through when HTC gets them?  What do they do to them?
Fencer

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 12:19:17 PM »
HTC gets e-mail. Downloads E-mail. When they get to opening the e-mail they'll determine what plane the skin goes for and issue you a serial number for your records and a form letter saying "We'll review the skin and get back to you". Then the skin gets put in whatever queue HTC has. I don't know if they just use the skin viewer now, or if they check it out in-game (which always looks better, IMO). I don't know if they just have 1 person look at it (or both the art guys -- Supa and Nate), or if they all check it out and say "hey that looks cool" or "no, it needs work" -- regardless, they make a decision, and then whenever they can, get back to you letting you know if it's been accepted or if they think it needs work in certain areas.

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 01:13:59 PM »
Thanks Krusty.
Fencer

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 01:28:24 PM »
That's the rough version. I am guessing in some places.

As a side note, if they send you a "needs work" notice, they might include information with it. They were quite polite and helpful when I got my first attempts at skins returned to me. I think Pyro sent them. Either was Pyro or Skuzzy, I can't remember (and can't be arsed to check my e-mail archives :) )

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 05:04:02 PM »
oboe I will try to finish up Big Beautiful Doll this weekend for ya :) had a project start sooner than I was expecting and havent had time to finish up the mustangs.

American beauty and LOU IV will take a bit longer though.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 07:25:33 PM »
So long as at least 1 of your masterpieces is in, we will be satisfied for now.  That doesn't let you off the hook for the others however.  :-)