Author Topic: Uneven Fuel Burn in F6F  (Read 262 times)

Offline BTBit

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bthq.org
Uneven Fuel Burn in F6F
« on: October 19, 2005, 11:26:57 PM »
I have noticed this happen a few times but only recently took some film of it.  Occasionally the fuel tanks in the F6F will not burn in the correct order which I understand to be drop, aux, then lm/rm equally.  I have film showing fuel in AUX at 1/2, RM at 3/8 and LM at Full.  I did not at any time switch my tanks to manual burn mode and I did not take any damage.

I searched the board to find any similar reports of this but I have found none.  Perhaps there is some sort of explanation that I have not been able to find like the F4U-4 WEP Issue that keeps cropping up.  Anyone have any ideas?

BTBit

*** Blue Thunder ***

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Uneven Fuel Burn in F6F
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 01:01:50 AM »
the F4U-4 WEP Issue that keeps cropping up

IF your talking about how it used less fuel on WEP , that isnt a bug , but the way it should be , as water is added to the cylinders , it uses less fuel ....38

Offline BTBit

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bthq.org
Uneven Fuel Burn in F6F
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 06:52:44 AM »
Originally posted by 38ruk
IF your talking about how it used less fuel on WEP , that isnt a bug , but the way it should be , as water is added to the cylinders , it uses less fuel ....38

OMG, I said I was wondering if it is something explainable like that ISSUE.  I never called it a bug and I know that it is by design.  I am simply asking if there are certain cases where this type of fuel burn in an F6F-5 is by design or if it is indeed a bug as I could find no references to it being by design.

:D

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Uneven Fuel Burn in F6F
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 10:46:32 PM »
Perhaps there is some sort of explanation that I have not been able to find like the F4U-4 WEP Issue that keeps cropping up. Anyone have any ideas?

OMG     lol 38