Author Topic: Rams  (Read 920 times)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Rams
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2005, 01:13:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Bullet Damage is only registered on the shooter's FE.  I've had tracers pass through my wings before without damaging them.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Rams
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2005, 01:14:36 PM »
Clifra Jones,

No, bullet impacts are only tracked and detected on the shooter's FE.  You do not get two chances to hit with bullets.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
Rams
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2005, 01:18:15 PM »
This is my favorite collision and the wierdness can not be explained away by lag and such.

When you go HO with someone either flat and level both planes at 300mph plus, or, say one is roping the other and coming down in the vertical. The HO collision frequently results in, not engine, wings, or vertical stab damage as you would expect, but damage to flaps and elevators! WTF? How do I get my flap and elevator knocked off in an HO collision while my wings and stab are fine?

I understand how the collision modeling works and I think HT has the best system in place. There's still some funky anomolies though.

None the less, the only time I ever have a collision is when I am too close. 95% of the time it's at least partially my fault.

g00b

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Rams
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2005, 01:22:42 PM »
Schatzi - "PS: I always compare it to the CV problem. Not sure if thats really the same (me=computer tard). But when you sit on a CV and someone else takes off/lands, they sometimes sit up to 200 yds away, on the CV deck as shown on *their* front end."

If anyone gets this film it and send it to Skuzzy.
I've talked to him about this and it should NOT be happening, it's nothing to do with lag, but may be an indication of another problem.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Rams
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 01:31:31 PM »
Rams ... a horrible football team !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Rams
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005, 01:38:15 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Clifra Jones,

No, bullet impacts are only tracked and detected on the shooter's FE.  You do not get two chances to hit with bullets.

Ahh like i said, wasn't sure on that one.

Thanks for clarifying.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Rams
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2005, 02:16:47 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
The question is not whats happens or how fast the connection is, the question is what either of you *sees* at the moment a collision happens.

You saw that spit colliding with you. Dead center. I assume that you got damage from that collision, right?
On *his* computer, he flew about 100 yds to the right (or any other direction) of you. *He* never saw you colliding with him, hence he gets no damage.
Now the server is 'informed' about the flight paths and whats happened to the planes (ie your damage and his 'non-damage). He flies away, you 'die.

If you want me to, i can send you a film of a collision Schutt had with a spitfire, while i was chasing said Spitfire. (I know they collided cause he told me so). I never saw them getting even *close* to each other. On my front end they never collided.

Yes but I've also seen it where IMO We collided and obviously so. Yet the other guy suffered the damage and I did not.
what Im saying is there have been times where even on my end it looked like we collided. Yet he was the only one to get damage.

and to answer your question. about last night and the spit. Yes I got the damage.

100 yards or even 25 yards is a long distance to be off by from front end to front end.
but it would explain the times Ive been shot down from weird angles
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Rams
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2005, 02:18:26 PM »
Jeez, I get my post out first and you quote him?  :furious

I see the CV thing occasionally.  Now if only I could remember to record it.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Rams
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2005, 02:38:20 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Jeez, I get my post out first and you quote him?  :furious

I see the CV thing occasionally.  Now if only I could remember to record it.

LOL For me the problem isnt remembering to record it but in predicting something is going to happen worth recording.
No ofence HTC but
99% the time some of the weird things we are told to "Record and send it on" you have to be able to predict they are going to happen in advance to record them

I HATE the way the film recorder works now.
Even if you do manage to record something you have to fish through the whole film. which could be a bunch of flights to find it.

That is why I would at least  like the option to name and save films after each flight.
Or at least the option to automatically end films after each flight

LOL I dont need a film of whats going on in the tower

Could have it set up as an option in the startup menu. with  little checkbox's
"End of flight film Saving & naming -Yes/No"

then after each filmed flight upon return to the tower you can have a Box popup "Name/save film?  with -Yes/No" buttons

Default name could be time flight started renameable to something else.

If you have this turned on in setup then that is what would happen after each return to the tower.
If not it would simply stay the way it is now.

As it stands now I  only very very rarely bother to film anything as I dont feel like searching for the spot I want to see and I dont want to fill up my HD with a bunch of which are otherwise useless films I dont bother watching
and IMO the film viewer & editor is just too much of a PIA to deal with.
Particularly with longer films
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Rams
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2005, 02:40:23 PM »
Way too funny how many suffer much angst, get all torqued up, and get gray hairs over "rams".

Who gives a rats arse who collided with whom ... if you die you just get a new plane and start it all over again ... it's not like some bolt of lightining come out of the screen and blows your or their house up.

Some people are just wound way too tight and get all pissed off at such miniscule things such as "rams".

BUT ... the whine will NEVER END !!!

BS ... thats such BS ... you rammed me you lame jerk ... you rammed me and you fly away, thats such BS ... blah blah blah ... waaa ... waaa ... waaa.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Rams
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2005, 02:57:57 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Way too funny how many suffer much angst, get all torqued up, and get gray hairs over "rams".

Who gives a rats arse who collided with whom ... if you die you just get a new plane and start it all over again ... it's not like some bolt of lightining come out of the screen and blows your or their house up.

Some people are just wound way too tight and get all pissed off at such miniscule things such as "rams".

BUT ... the whine will NEVER END !!!

BS ... thats such BS ... you rammed me you lame jerk ... you rammed me and you fly away, thats such BS ... blah blah blah ... waaa ... waaa ... waaa.

Rams dont bother me that much.
I know 99% of the time its unintentional.
Pretty tough to actually ram someone intentionally

But I do see the arguement some have about only 1 plane receiving damage
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Rams
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2005, 03:48:02 PM »
Thats my point DRED ... what is there to argue ? ... you collided ... you are dead ... you can get a new plane and start again ... all brandy new !!!

They are really pissin' and moanin' not about that they collided and are now flying trash ... they are pissin' and moanin' that the other guy hasn't been trashed. They really should be pissed at themselves for colliding and not cause the other guy is flying away ... they are only diverting the focus on the real cause of the problem.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Rams
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2005, 04:51:41 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Schatzi - "PS: I always compare it to the CV problem. Not sure if thats really the same (me=computer tard). But when you sit on a CV and someone else takes off/lands, they sometimes sit up to 200 yds away, on the CV deck as shown on *their* front end."

If anyone gets this film it and send it to Skuzzy.
I've talked to him about this and it should NOT be happening, it's nothing to do with lag, but may be an indication of another problem.

Its hard to film. Cause CVs on film are not neccessarily where they were when the film was recorded. I have a film of me landing on a CV (landed successfully), but if you watch the film, i land about a hundred yards left of the CV....
21 is only half the truth.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Rams
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2005, 08:15:16 PM »
Test all of this in the DA.

Test-1: 2 of you take off in the same plane type same load out. different countries. Climb to the same alt 6000 yds from each other. Agree on VOX when to turn and fly level back at each other. I might be wrong but you can tune to each other while in different countries. Both fly to ram head on. Film it and keep each other notified on VOX as you get close. Do this up to 10 times and note your round trip ping to the server and your connection methood. Dial-up, broad band, etc.

Test-2: Take off. Different countries. Climb to the same alt. Meet and one of you fly auto level with reduced throttle. The other fly in tandem and ram fro his six. Film it and keep in touch on VOX. Do it 10 times.

Test-3: do the same thing as test one. But HO each other 10 repeats. Film it.

Make the films available along with your connection information. Then we can all take a look.

:)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Rams
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2005, 08:44:08 PM »
here is the perfect experiment to demonstrate the one sided, due to what you see, collision thing.....

take off from a CV in the MA with film on,  fly around for a few minutes but do not die.  now go land on the same CV.    exit the game and watch the film, get to the landing and notice where the CV is.

50% of the time it will be where you saw it, right beneath your wheels.  the other 50% of the time on my connection (109ping) the CV will be anywhere upto 100 yrds away from where the film shows my plane to land. the plane still hits the wire and lands but in mid air where the deck should be.

so basically, when i landed the sortie the CV was showing to be in the wong place, but because of how it is coaded, i still get a safe landing on my fake CV.

i think thats fair.

same as if you see the ram then it gets you.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.