Author Topic: To SWulfe  (Read 1727 times)

Offline garrido

• Zinc Member
To SWulfe
« on: July 11, 2001, 05:42:00 AM »
Hello SWulfe:

Originally posted by SWulfe:

I read that part about the so-called 109 pilots flying in the beta test.
You still have yet to tell me the names of these so-called 109 pilots. You know, so I can maybe look them up and find out who they are. I'm sure if they flew, there must be records for them.

Anyways, 109 doesn't stall huh? I'm sure it's because of those leading edge slats.. pssst: any plane with wings will stall!

Your opinion of the flight model and the beta testers, still matters nothing to me. It's all subjective. What matters to me is how each plane flies comparitively to one another. If they don't match performance in relation to one another, then it's really a moot point and I wouldn't buy that game.

Tell me this: Can your 109G2 turn inside of an LaGG-3?
-SW

------------------------------------

I have say you, xxx, 109 E/F turned on the inside of a LAGG3, I could to say that G2 and possibly G6 also. Russian pilots recognized their low possibilities of survival in LAGG 3, because it was a slow, heavy and less maneuverable than 109. They named it guaranteed flying varnished tumb. If you want, Iīll put it in Russian, with the original words of which for they meant abbreviations LAGG. On the other side I have not flown IL2, but I say you that a game where the 109 doensīt have Slats (109īs main characteristic) is not for my the one who better can represent to him.

Salute

SUPONGO

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
To SWulfe
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2001, 06:33:00 AM »
Incorrect, G2 and G6 had to use their climb rate and initial corner turn to get inside of the LaGG-3. The LaGG-3 was a very good turner, like the La5. The Germans had to use spiral climbs or keep the fight in their hands to win.

This is why I made the comment, Helmut Lipfert's diary highlights these points.
-SW

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
To SWulfe
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2001, 06:41:00 AM »
The LaGG-3 was a very good turner, like the La5.

I wish someone solves this thing for once at all. One day we hear that the La5 and La7 are awful turners and that they suck, the next day we hear that they are very good turners. methinks that those planes turn great or awful depending on the situation the poster is  :D.

Supongo, no pierdas el tiempo con este cafre. Si algo he aprendido es que es mas duro de molleja que Fraga con un yelmo adamianto  ;). Y es mas bobo que el Iņigo de gran hermano. Y pa mi q se entenderia mu bien con Boris izaguirre jjejejejejejeje  :)

lo dicho chacho no pierdas el tiempo con este inepto porq no vas a sacar nada en claro. Y al menos a ti aun no te ha llamado nada gordo (cosa rara en el  ;))

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
To SWulfe
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2001, 06:43:00 AM »
Hey look it's the local twit RAM back for more!

I've always said the La5 was a good turner. Certainly better than those sissy gay LuftWiener planes.

Go back to WWIIOl's easy mode FM RAM, we know you just love it there since it's so easy to fly LuftWeenie planes for once!
-SW

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
To SWulfe
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2001, 07:08:00 AM »
Grow up SW.

LaGG-3:
Refined LaGG-1, with palliative introduced to cure the worst faults of the LaGG-1. The LaGG-3 had outer wings with slats and balanced tail elevators, was lighter, and later also had a more powerful engine. It still was disliked intensely by its pilots. Production problems continued, some factories delivering unairworthy aircraft. Series production aircraft were up to 40km/h slower than those tested by the (table presents the mass production model data).
All fighters by S.A.Lavochkin were 250-300kg heavier than Yakovlev's, due to wooden construction and generally worser 'weight culture'. But they were way more sturdy and reliable. Fuel tanks were self-sealing, equipped with inert gas (exhaust) pumping system.
 http://hep2.physics.arizona.edu/~savin/ram/lagg-3.html

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
To SWulfe
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2001, 07:14:00 AM »
He can take drive by pot shots at me, and I have to grow up Staga?

The irony in it all.
-SW

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
To SWulfe
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2001, 07:28:00 AM »
He can take drive by pot shots at me, and I have to grow up Staga?

The irony in it all.
-SW

Actually SW, growing up can mean that you don't always have to respond to the drive by pot shots.  

To the original point of the post.....I'll judge Il-2's FM when its FINALLY released and I can fly it, and not on some idiot trolls.  And after this long in development, it had better be the next best thing since indoor plumbing.

Cobra

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: Cobra ]

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
To SWulfe
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2001, 07:38:00 AM »
Cobra, I'm not judging it as final... I was inquiring as to it's current state (in the other thread) and whether or not it was a final flight model.

It's been apparent to me that everything is up in the air, FM wise, through people's posts that I've heard.

I was just trying to see how accurate this FM is, because I hear this is going to "kick everything's ass"... unfortunately so far I've heard zilch on how the FM is performing. Except from Jihad, and he says he doesn't like it as much as AH.
<shrug>
-SW

Offline Possi

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
To SWulfe
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2001, 08:35:00 AM »
I was just trying to see how accurate this FM is, <shrug>
-SW

Yeah,we waiting for your Results,the whole World waiting for it Master...

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
To SWulfe
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2001, 08:44:00 AM »
Aren't you 13 years old Possi?
-SW

Offline Possi

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
To SWulfe
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2001, 08:50:00 AM »
Aren't you 13 years old Possi?
-SW

A 13 years old Boys,know more than you :)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
To SWulfe
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2001, 08:53:00 AM »
YOu know what.. nevermind. Possi telling me IL2 is the most accurate FM pretty much explains it all.
-SW

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: SWulfe ]

Offline Possi

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
To SWulfe
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2001, 08:57:00 AM »
I am not 13 years old and i am a Flight engineer.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
To SWulfe
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2001, 09:01:00 AM »
You implied a 13 year old knows more than me, you don't know anything about what I know.

You can't even explain to me why IL2's 109 and 190 are so much more accurate, other than because your grandpa says so.

I've heard this song and dance before, and FS:SDOE came out.
-SW

Offline Possi

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
To SWulfe
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2001, 09:05:00 AM »
YOu know what.. nevermind. Possi telling me IL2 is the most accurate FM pretty much explains it all.
-SW

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: SWulfe ]

Sorry my Englisch is not the Best to tell you all and i am under NDA.Believe me the FM is better than AH&WB,September you can try it in a Demo :)
This what you see in your Hollywoodmovis over the WW2 is most Time not correct.
But we lost the War and we kill Million of Jews,so we Germans must be quiet...
You see this Germanmovie "Stalingrad" from 1997?