Author Topic: IL2 Beta Registration  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
IL2 Beta Registration
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2001, 07:56:00 PM »
Every game that has ever been beta tested has had at least one person with no experience doing it.

How do you think that people get experience?

AKSeaWulfe

IL2 Beta Registration
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2001, 08:50:00 PM »

Originally posted by Kratzer:
Every game that has ever been beta tested has had at least one person with no experience doing it.

How do you think that people get experience?

Not true, games that were compiled years ago had only in house beta testing. AW and CK were the first games to offer beta testing outside of the company.. but that's because they were both based around being online.

But anyway that's neither here nor there. I still find the email a little funny in it's wording and had a good laugh when I initially recieved it. Just the idea of signing up for a beta test and being told I "lost" a "contest" made me break out laughing hysterically at work. I had no intention of bringing up the part about who actually got into the beta testing process until I read the Blue Byte BBS. I got this feeling from reading who posted there that they "won" the "contest" that it's going to be turned into a keWl dO0dZ gAmE.

Maybe it won't, but in a year or so EVERYONE will find out. If there are a lot of AH players in the beta testing process, don't let it go south please(assuming it's heading north in the first place).
-SW

[This message has been edited by AKSeaWulfe (edited 04-09-2001).]

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
IL2 Beta Registration
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2001, 10:18:00 PM »
Jihad is in the beta test? Hmmmmm why do I feel my opinion of what's going on with that beta test process quickly being proven correct?  
-SW

What the hell are you trying to imply?

Be a man - don't beat around the bush like a whining lil girl.

If you have something to say to me or about me lets hear it.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
IL2 Beta Registration
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2001, 10:29:00 PM »
I work in Software QA.

Keep in mind that the outside people are simply to get more hours, eyes and systems on it.  All of the professional system testing will be done in house.

Only a company looking to go out of business would rely soley on outside, volunteer QA.  They have no way of telling how much experience a volunteer has.  Just because they say they are experienced doesn't mean that they are.

I think you are being a bit harsh SeaWulfe.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Bring the Spitfire F.MkXIVc to Aces High!!!

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
IL2 Beta Registration
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2001, 10:39:00 PM »
They didnt select me either.
I too thought that the wording was funny. But not as funny as my attempt at russian would have been.
I have no delusions that the game will be lame because I am not a beta tester.
Madox seems to be doing a good job. Until I played Ah I never knew what a good fm looked like. But I hope Il2 is at least as good.
Sour grapes thread supremo

AKSeaWulfe

IL2 Beta Registration
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2001, 11:10:00 PM »
Interpret it whatever way you guys want to, I play AH and this is where my fun is had.

Do I care *I* wasn't picked? No... my 56K can't handle the download, and my last "beta" (alpha?) test was the last incarnation of the dreaded Confirmed Kill. That soured me on the whole experience. I was just a little disappointed when I read the threads by the people who had been accepted, I'd rather see someone else with more experience do it.

Am I being too harsh? Maybe, if it was 1993. Unfortunately we HAVE seen this happen time and again, that being that games get run straight into the ground because of shoddy beta testing. Do you want me to name MORE games than the above? I can... It's not just the flight/combat sim genre.

So, Pongo, your assessment of why I started the thread (read the first post again... sour grapes? Don't think so) is completely off track. It was after I went to the Blue Byte BBS to read threads by those who had been selected that I got a bad feeling.

It's possible I'm wrong, I've only seen 8 years of computer games cycle in and out... The most recent beta test I've actually read about and experienced the end result was a complete disaster - made by Wayward, published by MicroProse/Hasbro.. need I say more?

Pongo, really your post was way off.. I can go more into this. It wasn't the wording, it was the words used. I've conversed with spanish people in broken spanish/english and they have done it in broken english/spanish. Understood each other fine, the only difference was they wouldn't use words like "wheel" instead of "tire". See what I mean? Contest is like wheel, "beta testing phase" is like tire. Two completely different things, and I found it amusing in the way it was presented to me. Careful.. do you know how many Americans (I know you are Canadian... but you are attached to America by land) a year go to foreign countries with absolutely no knowledge of how to speak the language? They are equipped with just a xxxx-english dictionary (xxx would be the country's language) and make so many grammatical errors it IS FUNNY to the country they are visiting.

It isn't that I'm not a beta tester, Pongo, it's that I have the impression from the one's posting that have been selected that it will become dumbed down.

Anyways, fine so you all think I'm sour about not being selected.. I don't have a UBB account over there and I check the screen shot area every 2 to 6 months. Boy, I must be hard pressed for this game and give two toejams about it...

I bought B17-2, I feel it's MY duty to blow some sunshine up everybody's bellybutton about IL-2 in case it goes the same route. You never know, you might actually thank me.
-SW

AKSeaWulfe

IL2 Beta Registration
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2001, 11:19:00 PM »

Originally posted by jihad:
[B
What the hell are you trying to imply?

Be a man - don't beat around the bush like a whining lil girl.

If you have something to say to me or about me lets hear it.[/B]

Be a man over the internet? Boy, that's about as rediculous as the way you portray yourself over the internet. You want to hear what I think about the way you treat people online? We can do in person, this is not a threat but I feel that it would be easier to do it face to face. Get an idea of how each other is coming off and how each other behaves in reality.

Yes I have things to say about you, but only to you and not anyone else. You want to move it to email, we can.
weissdr1@yahoo.com
We can communicate or not, up to you.
-SW

Moose11

IL2 Beta Registration
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2001, 12:01:00 AM »
:-P I got in too.

If you guys are going to start a sh*t-throwing contest over a fricken beta test application, then you probably have too much time on your hands.

here is a general rule of thumb:
Don't post something that you *know* is gonna rile somebody.

Try that, and see how many get angry at you on the board.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
IL2 Beta Registration
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2001, 12:26:00 AM »
Seawulf has gone a whole thread without posing one of his personal skill/accomplishment charts, Is everything ok with him????? Maybe hes ill?

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
IL2 Beta Registration
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2001, 12:30:00 AM »
Celebrity deathmantch; hazed vs Seawulfe.

THIS is something for Duma to make Loose Rivets about  

------------------
Von Santa
Staffelkapitän 9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
IL2 Beta Registration
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2001, 01:13:00 AM »
I have no problem with Beta testing, as it is important to test products before releasing them to the public.

As a matter of fact, I finally launched a internet company, " Beer of the Day Club", which appeals to the folks that think the "Beer of the Month Club" is obsurd in it's frequency.

I will be taking applications for Beta testers effective immediatley.

All you have to do is fill out this simple test.

A. I like to work for nothing.

Yes - No

B. I'd rather have a title than money or a raise.

Yes - No

C. I can send beer everyday to Creamo for testing purposes.

Yes - No

Simple.

Good luck men.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
IL2 Beta Registration
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2001, 01:55:00 AM »
"IL-2 board sometimes reminds me of an ass-kissing contest"

And this board does not lol! you guys are too funny.

luv ya all  

------------------
AH : Maniac
WB : -nr-1-
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

AKSeaWulfe

IL2 Beta Registration
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2001, 12:07:00 PM »

Originally posted by GRUNHERZ:
Seawulf has gone a whole thread without posing one of his personal skill/accomplishment charts, Is everything ok with him????? Maybe hes ill?

Tour 12:
AKSWulfe has 74 kills and has been killed 17 times in the fw190A-5.
Tour 7:
AKSWulfe has 115 kills and has been killed 18 times in the fw190A-5.

-SW

Offline maik

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301.de
IL2 Beta Registration
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2001, 01:45:00 PM »
Glad u made it in Jihad  .

Congrats

Maik

P.S.: Keep us informed as much you are allowed  .

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
IL2 Beta Registration
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2001, 02:42:00 PM »
I got selected as well...Ill be seeing you guys over Mother Russia!!

Nefari
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!