Author Topic: Not a troll: you guys have the Emilmor Franz?  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Hedu of JG26 Warbirds

• Zinc Member
Not a troll: you guys have the Emilmor Franz?
« on: April 29, 2000, 11:19:00 PM »
Weazel sent me a really cool pic/card with a 109G model.  I have seen you guys have a couple diff makes of 109, but what do you have right now?  Whats in the future?  Wb dropped a great model 109 a ways back that had the Finnish markings.  I can still fly it but only offline and in WB 1.11.
  Any chance you guys are gonna get an Emil?  Its my fave ride and I love early war set.

Also, what are the flight model/guns like for you guys?  I have AH on my hard drive and fly offline once in a while, but wanted to see what the pilots say.  Our cannons just got a little beefier and they modeled HE rounds.

These are honest questions, not a troll or anything.  Thanks!

------------------
John "HEDU" Babarovich,JG26, Warbirds
Dedicated Bf109 driver

funked

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2000, 11:25:00 PM »
Hedu, we have the F-4, G-2 (Finnish Markings), G-6, and G-10.  Plus we have all the armament options including MG 151/20 or MK 108 nose gun, WGr 21 on the wings, and R6 kit (MG 151/20 Gondolas).

Offline indian

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2000, 11:37:00 PM »
Hedu why dont you just give it a two week try and let us know that you are online and what country you fly for so we can shoot you before you figure this game out.

What you will find is the flight models are as close to real as possible, The Aircraft load outs are modeled to each make and version, The game play is the best I have seen, There is engine controls mixture and rpm settings, Trim for all planes (I know some of the germans didnt have trim they didnt have a key board and Beer in front of them either), The specail effects are great and only getting better, The limit to what this sim can do is the average of the cpu power out there.

So come give it a try it a lot of fun.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  1st Aces High Trainer Corps.
Home of The Allied Fighter Wing A.F.W.
A.F.W. Homepage

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2000, 02:11:00 AM »
Compared to WB, we have quite some more loadout options, with the tradeoff that the R6 variants don't count as a separate AC and have no other paintjob:

109F-4: 2xMG17 500rpg; 1xMG151/20 150rpg, optional 300 liter drop tank or 250 KG bomb, 2xMG151/20 125rpg.

109G-2: same ordnance as F-4.

109G-6: 2xMG13 300rpg; 1xMG151/20 150rpg or 1xMK108 60rpg, optional 300 liter drop tank or 250 KG bomb, 2xMG151/20 125rpg or 2xWGr21.

109G-10: same ordnance as G-6.

Note: If you decide to download AH and give it a try, make sure that you also download and install the AHHIRES.EXE file - it greatly enhances environment textures and instrument panels. Also, I'm not going to argue about which sim has the better flight model, but they differ for sure, so take some time to get into it.

Az

II.(K)/JG2

[This message has been edited by azrael (edited 04-30-2000).]

Offline HABICHT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jagdgeschwader54.net
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2000, 03:57:00 AM »
hiya,
since i'm online with AH, i only flew 109g10
and i ´fave to say, that it is much easier to
fight with this bird than with the WB 109k4.

in WB, i was never able to turn with a pony,
even a p47 outturned my K4.
not so in AH.
here i can turn with pony. mean i CAN TURN,
not i CAN OUT TURN it easily.
overall i think the G10 in AH is a far better
fighter than the "bus" (109K4) in WB.
i usually fly with the 30mm. if you can aim
well, it's a dangerous weapon.

------------------

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by HABICHT (edited 04-30-2000).]

[This message has been edited by HABICHT (edited 04-30-2000).]

-towd_

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2000, 08:23:00 AM »
try it with the single 20 , it is acctualy quite nimble and will stay with anythin but a ace stick in a spit or nik (turnin) when you master the plane.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2000, 10:12:00 AM »
I rarely fly 109s.  I have problems keeping them trimmed out.  That being said, they are a squeak to fight with.  Cannons are viscious and the climb and loop (yo-yo?) ability is tremendous.  The P51D is outclassed by the G10 by a small but lethal margin.

*Extreme* caution must be taken when fighting with 109s.  Especially when they are in wing and squad elements and using voice comms.

Yeager

[This message has been edited by Yeager (edited 04-30-2000).]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2000, 08:27:00 AM »
HEDU has been online.  Welcome HEDU, hope you enjoy your stay, learning curve is higher here since alot of these guys online have 6+ years of online flying, so be patient and you'll be back on top the heap in no time.  <S>!

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
I./JG2~Richthofen~
Panzer Group Afrika-15th Panzer division
JG2 Communications Officer
Aces High Training Corps

JG2 "Richthofen"

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.  Remember, when
someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it
only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm, grasp the joystick button,
and shoot the sucker down!

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 05-01-2000).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2000, 10:44:00 AM »
Yeager, when I fly with my squad and we have a formation of 4 109G10's at 22k, I feel happy. I feel safe. I feel deadly.

Then I get shot down.

But still the feeling persists.

Gotta LOVE that ugly plane.

Sure has to be trimmed alot, and has some undersireable characteristics as well.

I personalyl don't think the armament is that great - if I open up at more than 300-350 yards, I never score a kill.

Now, at 200 yards, the lethality of the armament is quite good  

--
StSanta
II/JG2