Author Topic: Life in the Midwest  (Read 472 times)

funked

Life in the Midwest
« on: April 10, 2001, 04:55:00 AM »
It snowed two weeks ago.  Yesterday it was 85 degrees and humid.

Thunderstorms tonight, and the wind shifted.  So instead of smelling of pig toejam, the air smells of the Kraft plant which turns corn into... cheese.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Life in the Midwest
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2001, 10:31:00 AM »
Had piles of snow more then a meter high 10 days ago, -10 at night. Now the snow is gone completely, +18 and sunny.

The worst thing about spring is all that dogs disgestion products that appear from melting snow...

------------------
With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    Commissar 25th IAP WB VVS

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Life in the Midwest
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2001, 10:44:00 AM »
Been mowing the lawn here in Western Washington since Febuary.  Mildest winter on record in 50 some years I believe.  

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Life in the Midwest
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2001, 10:49:00 AM »
Funked: AHhh the smell of money, and the memory of home.

HiTech

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Life in the Midwest
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2001, 11:05:00 AM »
Weather must be improving, as my Dad emailed me about the snow being gone and nice clear flying weather.

"Whoopie Hollow aerodrome is back in business. Mike harrowed the cow and horse poop off the runway, so we will be making the heartstopping takeoffs and white knuckle landings for another season..."

I miss my hometown too. It's the only place Ive seen a mop handle sticking out of the local grass strip airport marking a large badger burrow hole, and certainly the only place you can find large Wisconsin women dancing ontop of the bar and buying the men drinks.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Life in the Midwest
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2001, 11:42:00 AM »
Speaking of smells....I don't know how anyone at Ohio State University ever graduates.

If the wind is from the south, you smell the Hostess/Wonder bread and doughnut factory that is 1.5 miles away.  If the wind is from the North, you smell the Budweiser plant 6 miles away.

------------------
Mickey
3./JG2

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Life in the Midwest
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2001, 11:53:00 AM »
We have a city named Tacoma, known for pulp mills, about twice a year, the wind blows just right..and we get the "Aroma of Tacoma"...reminds of me of a joke...two teens were passionatly kissing in a park in Seattle, the girl gets all worked up and finally ask the boy "Oh Honey, kiss me where it stinks!"...so he drove her to Tacoma.

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
Life in the Midwest
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2001, 07:30:00 PM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
Been mowing the lawn here in Western Washington since Febuary.  Mildest winter on record in 50 some years I believe.  

Hehe, that's an amusing paradox. Here in NE (MA anyway) it's been one of the worst in so many years.  

------------------
"E's bound to be guilty, or 'e wouldn't be 'ere!
Starboard gun! FIRE!
Shootings to good for 'im, kick the louse out!
Port gun! FIRE!"
- Old chant used to time saluting of guns on ships