Author Topic: !@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 01:25:38 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000093681/103-2938095-8590250?v=glance

This is the best damn coffee maker I've ever owned.  Not pot to worry about, easy to use, and makes GREAT coffee.

The only draw back that I hate about it is that if you take a rather large cup of coffee to work you have to move it to the edge to poor it.

like I said, it's the BEST coffee maker I've ever had

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 01:27:04 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000093681/103-2938095-8590250?v=glance

This is the best damn coffee maker I've ever owned.  Not pot to worry about, easy to use, and makes GREAT coffee.

The only draw back that I hate about it is that if you take a rather large cup of coffee to work you have to move it to the edge to poor it.

like I said, it's the BEST coffee maker I've ever had.

Had one, lasted about 10 months.

We drink a lot of coffee, can you tell?

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 01:28:29 PM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
Had one, lasted about 10 months.

We drink a lot of coffee, can you tell?

I've had mine for 2 years and it's pretty beat up but still makes a great pot of coffee and we use it ALOT.

The thing I like is the fact that there's no carraf to crack and the coffee doesnt sit in the thing and burn all day long if you drink coffee through out the morning.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 01:55:18 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
I've had mine for 2 years and it's pretty beat up but still makes a great pot of coffee and we use it ALOT.

The thing I like is the fact that there's no carraf to crack and the coffee doesnt sit in the thing and burn all day long if you drink coffee through out the morning.

Well, i should mention that hear in FL we have very hard water. Tends to shorten the life of most coffee pots.

A water softener is in the future.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 02:05:49 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
The ancient shepherds of Java would slowly chew the raw beans as the day passed, getting the caffeine needed to stay alert.  You should attempt to replicate this, preferably while wearing a poncho.  As an added bonus, you will garner additional social status as people start to assume that you use chewing tobacco.  Be sure to let a little of the black spittle dribble from the side of your mouth when talking for added realism.

This has merit. You got any links? Like you mention, the effect is diminsihed without the proper regalia.

Ok.. for the resta you guys, I just drove past a parked but for sale 1972 Chevy Impala. Good paint, Tires, Brakes, slightly worn interior, 134,000 miles, rebuilt engine and tranny. "Runs Great".

$100.00

I expect a coffee maker to cost less than a '72 chevy.

Just bought a beautiful classic WWII long gun, shoots great. Less the price of the ammo purchased at the time, the gun cost me $90.00

I expect a $%#@#$@@! coffee maker to cost less than a decent american car or a good gun.

!

So.. any decent coffee makers out there that cost 50 bucks or less?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 02:07:06 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime

Sure... Mr. Coffee.
sand

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2005, 02:13:40 PM »
Why is it so expensive to make a machine that drips hot water on beans?

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2005, 02:16:24 PM »
honestly?

the Bunn i linked to is about $250, but think about the bonuses... it can / should be hooked directly to a water line, so no pouring water into it, and makes a pot in a minute or two.

best coffee ever too, steam forced resturant coffee is always better than a drip maker at home.

search Ebay for them, used form resturants, they can be cheap, and should last 20 years easy.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2005, 02:19:28 PM »
$24.99 and it will NEVER clog. Added bonus is that it makes excellent tasting coffee.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005LM0S/104-8948430-5578349?v=glance&n=284507&v=glance
sand

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2005, 02:52:10 PM »
Here

http://www.aabreecoffee.com/DeLonghi/del_dp6st.cfm

You will NEVER get better coffee than the old perk kind.  Drip stinks.  Steam?  What, you want a whistle on it too?  Steam is for teakettles.

This baby is 59.95, perks the coffee just like it should be, steel carafe so no glass to break, comes off the stand so you can set the carafe on the table, dont need no steenking hotplate to keep your coffee hot.  Thus no chance of burning it to the bottom.  

Rinse and repeat daily.  

Enjoy.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 02:54:36 PM by StarOfAfrica2 »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2005, 02:57:29 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Sure... Mr. Coffee.
He asked for a coffee maker, not a device which takes clear water, heats it, and turns it some color of what is left in the toilet after eating a bad burrito the night before (and tastes about the same).

While I am not a coffee snob, I do have standards.  And the Mr. Spewfee is far below them.

Try a Braun or Krupp.  Cheap enough ($30 at Best Buy, I think) and they make a good cup of joe.  Takes a lot less coffee to make it strong as well.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 03:02:38 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2005, 03:11:12 PM »
I go and buy the least expensive drip style Mr. Coffee or similar machine. Since I want my coffee ready made in the morning I set up the machine the night before so it brews before I wake up. I don't spend the bigger $ for one with a timer. I have a vacation timer adn set it to turn the machine on before I wake up. This is a sytem that has worked for years at home and for better than a year and a half of full time RV'ing. It makes good coffe when decent material is used, is reliable and the entire darn thing, timer and all is under $25.00. Since it's a cheap machine the darn thing seems to NEVER wear out. I've had the same coffee maker for 3 years now. Not bad for a $12.00 unit. The first vacation timer finally wore out after more than 5 years of constant use. I had a couple spares from the house so I'm set for a while. ;)
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2005, 03:14:07 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
$24.99 and it will NEVER clog. Added bonus is that it makes excellent tasting coffee.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005LM0S/104-8948430-5578349?v=glance&n=284507&v=glance

Sandy.. coffee making more complicated than shoveling coffee in the basket and pouring water in the top and flipping a switch has already demonstrated itself to be damn near too complicated for my imbecilic incompetent brain in the morning.

I have no idea what a 'coffee press' is.. but it sounds complicated. Knowing that's an assumption, can you possibly enlighten me as to wot in hell a 'coffee press' does and what input is required from the operator to get coffee outta it?

And thanks for the tips guys... I even went back and read that enlighting coffee thread from a coupla months back, but didn't find an inexpensive machine mentioned. I did decide that some of you yuppie puppies have more money than I do to spend on lab equipment that makes coffee when it's not centrifuging influenza vaccine.

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2005, 03:35:12 PM »
Hang...you need one of these:

Keurig

They dispense single cups quickly and takes about 15 seconds.

We have one at the office and I am getting one for home this Christmas.  It is practically morning proof.  ;)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2005, 03:44:25 PM »

I have no idea what a 'coffee press' is.. but it sounds complicated. Knowing that's an assumption, can you possibly enlighten me as to wot in hell a 'coffee press' does and what input is required from the operator to get coffee outta it?
;)

Pour boiling water into the carafe. Add coffee. Stir. Wait five minutes. Press the screen down, forcing the grounds to the bottom. Pour and enjoy. It makes coffee far better than any electric machine, IMHO.

...and it's simle enough for you. I promise. :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 03:47:11 PM by Sandman »
sand