Author Topic: !@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2005, 03:45:46 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
He asked for a coffee maker, not a device which takes clear water, heats it, and turns it some color of what is left in the toilet after eating a bad burrito the night before (and tastes about the same).

While I am not a coffee snob, I do have standards.  And the Mr. Spewfee is far below them.

Try a Braun or Krupp.  Cheap enough ($30 at Best Buy, I think) and they make a good cup of joe.  Takes a lot less coffee to make it strong as well.

As far as I can tell, a drip machine is a drip machine is a drip machine. They all basically work the same way regardless of whether it says Braun, Krupp, Mr. Coffee, or Black and Decker on the label.
sand

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2005, 03:52:36 PM »
I have two coffemakers... both are Moccamasters from this company. http://www.technivorm.com/home.html

One is 10 years old or something and the other is brand new. both makes excellent coffe. :)

They are handmade and I highly recomend them!

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2005, 03:56:38 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
As far as I can tell, a drip machine is a drip machine is a drip machine. They all basically work the same way regardless of whether it says Braun, Krupp, Mr. Coffee, or Black and Decker on the label.

What sets them apart is build quality and the temperature they make the coffe at... as far as i know anyway.

Moccamaster!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2005, 03:57:47 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Nope, nope.  Braun/Krupp make a surprisingly good cup of coffee and are very frugal with how much they need to make it (3 spoonfuls make a rich 10 cup pot of joe).
No matter how hard you try, you will never be able to get those other drippers to make a cup of coffee anywhere close to what Braun/Krupp make.

Nilsen is right (did I say that?)  It's all about the temperature of the water and the rate of flow.

But dunt take my word for it.   The makers are cheap.  Try it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 04:00:06 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2005, 04:32:58 PM »
after getting the "brewstation" I will never go back to something that uses a pot ever again.  It may not last as long as a traditional coffee maker it is still well worth it.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2005, 04:35:09 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
The ancient shepherds of Java would slowly chew the raw beans as the day passed, getting the caffeine needed to stay alert.  You should attempt to replicate this, preferably while wearing a poncho.  As an added bonus, you will garner additional social status as people start to assume that you use chewing tobacco.  Be sure to let a little of the black spittle dribble from the side of your mouth when talking for added realism.

In the Marines we used to chew the instant grinds that came with our MRE meals in order to stay awake on watch while out in the field.  It was so nasty that there's very little way of accidently falling asleep.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2005, 04:50:37 PM »
Moccamaster is a good brand. They cost though.

Hangtime I know where you can get a vintage -82 moccamaster for $5 if you like. :D

I mean if you compare it to -72 Impala you need to get a vintage brewer too.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
the only way to make a cup of java
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2005, 05:08:54 PM »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2005, 05:14:30 PM »
yup Eagler.. you can make good coffe that way.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Re: the only way to make a cup of java
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2005, 05:19:17 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
French Press

Exactly what I've been saying. They work great for backpacking also.
sand

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2005, 05:24:39 PM »
You mean...  Freedom Press, right?

har har har, I kill me.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2005, 05:32:08 PM »
Originally posted by Suave
LOL.
That's as bad as having one of those drip machines with the check valve that is levered open by the plastic lid on the coffee pot. And you make a pot of coffee and put the pot in it without that lid. And then you come back to find hot coffee all over the counter and the floor and only two teaspoons in the coffee pot.

God dont I know that one. But you left out the wife ack screaming about coffee all over the floor.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2005, 07:14:32 PM »
Finally, a thread worthy of the bandwith it consumes!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2005, 07:58:13 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000093681/103-2938095-8590250?v=glance

This is the best damn coffee maker I've ever owned.  Not pot to worry about, easy to use, and makes GREAT coffee.

The only draw back that I hate about it is that if you take a rather large cup of coffee to work you have to move it to the edge to poor it.

like I said, it's the BEST coffee maker I've ever had

I concur.
I have the same pot.
Best coffee maker I've ever owned.

And if your smart, you can even set it up the night before while your awake and alert and set it to make your coffee about ten min before your alarm goes off.

Unless you have a kid that gets up for school before you get up and makes the coffee before he heads out to school. Then you dont even have to do that.;)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2005, 08:00:30 PM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
Well, i should mention that hear in FL we have very hard water. Tends to shorten the life of most coffee pots.

A water softener is in the future.

Oh man you have TERRIBLE water in Fla.

Stinks too. Like rotten eggs.

Yuch!
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty