Author Topic: !@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« on: October 27, 2005, 08:38:20 AM »
Just woke up. Stumbled into the kitchen to make coffee. Tossed in the filter, the grounds and instead of pouring in the filtered water from the brita pitcher, i poured in milk.

and didn't notice.

switched it on, stumbled into the shower.

refreshed and a bit more awake I stand in front of the coffee machine with my cup... and i'm still cursing my moronic idiot befudedled mind...

gawdammit!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 08:41:53 AM »
LOL.
That's as bad as having one of those drip machines with the check valve that is levered open by the plastic lid on the coffee pot. And you make a pot of coffee and put the pot in it without that lid. And then you come back to find hot coffee all over the counter and the floor and only two teaspoons in the coffee pot.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 08:42:35 AM »
You will drink the coffee....

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 08:42:46 AM »
BTW How is your latte cafe latte ?

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 09:04:47 AM »
Aww cheer up Hang. It could be worse. You could have brushed your teeth with Brycreem or Preparation H. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 09:08:30 AM »
This is the third machine to find itself in a high parabolic trajectory aimed at a dumpster about 30' away. aside from the posioning I gave it, the damn thing had one of those lids you describe.. and yah, I've had the blow out mess when the valve didn't open. To add insult to injury, the damn thing on a good day would dribble/spill about a 1/4 of the first cup unless i poured at an agonizingly slow pace.

...he shoots, he scores... inna da dumpsta.

any reccomendations on a replacement machine?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 09:22:28 AM »
My favorite coffee maker.

But in my kitchen it's an El Chipo brand plastic drip with super convienent stop flow valve.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 09:27:01 AM »
damn. looks like my girlfriends home pregnancy checker.

*shudder*

Thanks. But I prefer something that plugs into a wall.

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 09:45:11 AM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
This is the third machine to find itself in a high parabolic trajectory aimed at a dumpster about 30' away. aside from the posioning I gave it, the damn thing had one of those lids you describe.. and yah, I've had the blow out mess when the valve didn't open. To add insult to injury, the damn thing on a good day would dribble/spill about a 1/4 of the first cup unless i poured at an agonizingly slow pace.

...he shoots, he scores... inna da dumpsta.

Melitta Mill & Brew.
sand

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 09:49:03 AM »
My favorite coffee maker....

(Conf calls are teh worste thigns eVar.  I'll be out your hair shortly - 10 minutes)

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 09:56:12 AM »

http://www.bunnomatic.com/pages/windows/CWTF2.html
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 11:48:29 AM »

Dude if I saw one of those, I'd call EOD!

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 12:34:09 PM »
I once came home from the gym and wanted a glass of orange juice.  I also always drink one of those whey protein powder drinks after working out.  You know where this is going.  

I grabbed two glasses, put the powder in one glass, and grabbed the orange juice and milk out of the fridge.  I must have been distracted, because, you guessed it, I grabbed the orange juice first and proceeded to pour it into the glass with the whey protein powder in it.  I didn't realize it until I'd poured the milk and went to stir it.  

Picture orange juice mixed with chocolate milk mix.  It turns a strange color.  

I drank them both anyway.  Whey protein is expensive.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 12:38:20 PM »
The ancient shepherds of Java would slowly chew the raw beans as the day passed, getting the caffeine needed to stay alert.  You should attempt to replicate this, preferably while wearing a poncho.  As an added bonus, you will garner additional social status as people start to assume that you use chewing tobacco.  Be sure to let a little of the black spittle dribble from the side of your mouth when talking for added realism.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
!@#@%$^%$#@! Arrrgh!
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 12:38:59 PM »

Buy a Bunn, I've gone through numerous coffee makers over the years. Most only lasting a few months. Bought a Bunn for $99.00, makes a 10 cup pot of coffee in 1 minute flat! Had it for 1.5 years now and going strong!

http://www.totalvac.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=totalvac&Product_Code=B10B&Category_Code=bunncoffeemaker