Author Topic: Japan Pwn5 Again  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Japan Pwn5 Again
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 05:05:34 PM »
Originally posted by MrRiplEy[H]
Which means you've never sat in an S-class Mercedes.

Probably never will either.  :cry

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Japan Pwn5 Again
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 05:14:00 PM »
Im still on the fence.. Toyota Avensis or Volkswagen Passat. The missus is now also looking abit to often at the Mercedes A-class ads.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Japan Pwn5 Again
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 05:18:01 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Almost every rental car I have ridden in was an abused POS.

More often than not, the cars I've used were fairly new and seemed to be in good shape.
sand

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Japan Pwn5 Again
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 05:23:09 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
I'm not sure what is American any more. My Nissan was designed by an American and built in Tennessee.

... but I digress. I'm with ya... I'm never going to buy another vehicle built by GM, Daimler Chrysler, or Ford.

Gaah, I find myself agreeing with Sandman the older I get.

Last Dodge for me.  They have the nerve to look "annoyed" with me while it took them 7 tries to realize the front end noise in my Stratus was a very loosely bolted steering rack.

After they found the fix, something they'd overlooked 6 times, suddenly the treatment went from 'What now?' to "We're so sorry for the inconvenience" stuff.

The Nissan and Mazdas I looked over last weekend look pretty nice (Maxima, etc)

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Japan Pwn5 Again
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 05:45:51 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
Im still on the fence.. Toyota Avensis or Volkswagen Passat. The missus is now also looking abit to often at the Mercedes A-class ads.

buuuu Passat is for weapon smugles & arogant managers who cant drive (thus drive like a pigs) .... but Mercie is sweeti .. und aine is sleeping in front of our house :D
http://www.auto-sfondi-desktop.com/Wallpapers_Mercedes_/Mercedes-CLK/Mercedes-CLK-01/Mercedes-CLK-01_800.jpg

There is simple reason why i would like to buy another.
Second good experience, quite solid reliabily, low consumtion
and there are plenty of people around who drive it, so a lot sources to ask for references.
And its as same prise as Toyota... anyway Toyota have quite excelent reputation overhere, but spare parts are quite expensive. (well.. at least people say that :] )

I can imagine, that somebody want to buy Asian or Europian car with 2.8l Engine and consumtion around 6l/100 Km... but i dont understand, why some people buying US cars with consumtions +50% with similar horse power.

Anyway next year there will be new chinese cars here on the marker. Price is suposed to be around 3000E ... so paper car era begun :D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 05:54:15 PM by lada »

Offline superpug1

• Probation
  • Silver Member
Japan Pwn5 Again
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2005, 05:46:37 PM »
I have always had good luck with american cars and trucks.  My truck is an 87 silverado. the only major mechanical problem we have had was the heater core devoling a hole. wich only took about 300 to fix. my dads 94 cheyenne was underpowered with tha v6 but that was my dads choice, however it never  had n e probs untill he ran it into a dodge.  japanese cars will eventually turn into american cars, only the profits will go to japan.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Japan Pwn5 Again
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 06:00:14 PM »
I have a Chevy 2001 1500 Z series (4WD etc) with extra cab.  It gets used like a truck was supposed to be.  Hell it's had an R-2800 sitting in the back of it more than once and been over the tires in mud.

Never had a problem with the quality, only big issue was I had to replace a drive shaft, but that was my fault...
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Japan Pwn5 Again
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2005, 06:07:29 PM »
I'd never touch another mitsubishi, their engines are just crap.

Offline ahgod69

• Zinc Member
      • http://rebelbattalion.com/CMS/index.php
Japan Pwn5 Again
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2005, 10:20:54 PM »
Had a Chrysler Sebring LXi (dumped 5g's into it) biggest POS I ever bought, had a mercedes 2 series and loved it.  Wasn't as expensive on the upkeep and it ran forever.  Have a BMW now for 2 years and have spent next to nothing on parts.  Upkeep has been good, but I quiver at the thoughts when I have to replace the brakes.  I prefer quality over low price.  I will never buy American again, everyone I have had have fallen apart or are freakin a money pit on repairs.  Euro or Japanese is the way to go, and that is just wrong.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Japan Pwn5 Again
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2005, 10:35:04 PM »
I have an 03 Chrystler Sebring coupe, it is a pretty good car. Got in a wreck in it (not a good car in the winter where I live...) and it stayed in surprisingly good shape, only minor damage to the body that was easily replaced.

Then again they just dont make cars like they use to. Few years ago had a 99 Suburban, some idiot ran a stop sign and ran into it going about 35mph, totalled his car while I only had a bent hub cap. Now Suburbans will take a lot of damage but there is a lot of enphasis on passenger safety for both cars... I would rather be in a sturdy car and recieve minor damage and be safe than get $1000 in damage and be safe.

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
Japan Pwn5 Again
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2005, 01:17:34 AM »
I drive an '04 Dodge Neon SXT. Ain't a thing wrong with it in any way.

My opinion is...as long as it's got a stick shift, I'm a happy guy.

Offline ahgod69

• Zinc Member
      • http://rebelbattalion.com/CMS/index.php
Japan Pwn5 Again
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2005, 01:27:11 AM »
Originally posted by Raptor01
I have an 03 Chrystler Sebring coupe, it is a pretty good car. Got in a wreck in it (not a good car in the winter where I live...) and it stayed in surprisingly good shape, only minor damage to the body that was easily replaced.

Then again they just dont make cars like they use to. Few years ago had a 99 Suburban, some idiot ran a stop sign and ran into it going about 35mph, totalled his car while I only had a bent hub cap. Now Suburbans will take a lot of damage but there is a lot of enphasis on passenger safety for both cars... I would rather be in a sturdy car and recieve minor damage and be safe than get $1000 in damage and be safe.

Yeah mine was a 2000, had a friend she had same car, color and about 10k less in miles and she spent a crap load more on repairs.  Horrendous car to drive in rain or snow.  had a guy drive his pick up over the hood in a parking lot, did 1500 in damage to mine and none to his lol.  Learned my lesson on Chrysler, I did own a Plymouth Breeze for 3 years and only had to replace a busted tail light, good luck there bad with the Sebring.

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
Japan Pwn5 Again
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2005, 01:28:32 AM »
my current truck is a 2003 KW 900L its got just shy of 500,000 miles.  the only thing we have replace is two sets of drive and 3 sets of stear tires.  just cant buy good h rated tires anymore. we change the oil (11 gallons, 2 oil filters, 2 fuel filters and 1 water filter) and lube it  every 10 days and  air filters, belts and hoses every 6 months.  she should last us about 10 years.
the truck i had before this was a 94 PETE 379 she had over 2 million miles when we trade her in 2003.  every car, horse and deer  thats crashed into us has lost. 40 plus tons versus 2-3 in a car. americans still build a few good ones.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 01:31:38 AM by JTs »

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Japan Pwn5 Again
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2005, 02:42:48 AM »
JTs--

Some of the guys on this forum might not realize you aren't talking about pickup trucks!

J_A_B

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Japan Pwn5 Again
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2005, 04:35:27 PM »
simple, 1 fully grown man and his teenage son cant fit comfortable side by side in the front seat of them asian cars, or euro ones for that matter.

Obesity is a terrible phenomenon. I wish your nation every fortune in overcoming it.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.