Author Topic: GVs the wrong size??  (Read 920 times)

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
GVs the wrong size??
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2005, 10:31:24 PM »

Krusty,

It must be a problem on your computer, on my computer the T34 is bigger.

Gunner

Anti Krusty Physics
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 10:39:28 PM by GunnerCAF »
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
GVs the wrong size??
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2005, 01:19:25 AM »
Originally posted by GunnerCAF

Krusty,

It must be a problem on your computer, on my computer the T34 is bigger.

Gunner

Anti Krusty Physics

Thatīs just a different angel of view...when I take a look at both pictures, tanks are similar sized in my eyes....:)
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
GVs the wrong size??
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 03:18:14 AM »
Does it really matter if the tanks seem smaller than that big ol' 110??  The angle does not matter in any since, look how close Gunners view is and look at Krusty's.... Just because it is at a different angle (I.E. the nose not pointing directly at the tank turrent.)  They are both pointing directly at eachother....   To mee, it looks like Krusty view is looking up some, you took that shot from the external plane view didn't yah...? :confused:
I say just listen to the guy who CREATED THIS GAME!!  I think he knows what he's talking about.....
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
GVs the wrong size??
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 03:21:51 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Zuum... You don't understand my point. Compared to the bf110, the T34 in AH is about the size of my mother's Toyota. Tanks are large behemoth things, in real life. The hull of the tank (the main body) should be about as high as a person is. Then the turret itself adds several more feet of height. It looks like the T34 in AH is modeled as a toy, about 6 feet tall total, it should be 50% larger.

By making it a smaller object, it is harder to hit, and requires a closer distance before one can reliably aim at it.

The picture of the real Bf110 is a comparison for the size of a human being near the plane. Compare that to the screenshot with the tank, and the human is as tall as AH's tank is! That's messed up.

1) Your mommy has a big Toyota :rofl
2) If it is smaller....learn how to aim better.:aok
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
GVs the wrong size??
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2005, 11:33:42 AM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
hard to tell from pic angle, and the view, but a 110 was around 11 feet high, and the t-34 I think was around 8 to 9 feet high
The 110c was 13ft 9 1/2in tall 39ft 7in long with a wingspan of 53ft 4in.

Now, with that said. I've had the scale discussion many times with many people and while HT has done a good job with it, we all agree there is some sort of problem with it.

In this case, 110c wingspan (17.8 yds) is about 1/3 the width of an NFL football field (53.3 yds). At 100 yards out that plane should be about 1/3 the width of your screen (your point of view). 200 yards, 1/6th the width of your screen. 400 yards, 1/12th the width of your screen. So, if you have a screen that is 12 inches wide, at 400 yards the plane in your sight should be about 1 inch wide.

Now none of those I've discussed this with haven't had the time to actually measure the planes we engage. But, I don't think the problem is so much scale as it is perspective.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 11:41:25 AM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
GVs the wrong size??
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2005, 12:29:08 PM »
There Is absolutly NO problem with the projection scale. If you wish to make the planes bigger on your screen, zoom in.

At the default View angle of AH ( i.e. 90 degrees ) at 50 yards a foot ball field would just touch the left and right edges of your screen.  At 100 yards it would cover 1/2 your screen.

So a wing span of 17.8 yards viewed from 100 yards would be (17.8 / 100) * 0.5
or 0.089 the width of your screen not 1/3.

Now just take your screen width in pixels say 1024.  
 0.089 * 1024  = 91 pixels.

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
GVs the wrong size??
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2005, 03:26:50 PM »
:rofl  That's way too many numbers for some of these guys HT!  Now they are gonna ask for an In-Game Calculator!!  :O
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
GVs the wrong size??
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2005, 05:14:26 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
...At the default View angle of AH ( i.e. 90 degrees ) at 50 yards a foot ball field would just touch the left and right edges of your screen.  At 100 yards it would cover 1/2 your screen....

So a wing span of 17.8 yards viewed from 100 yards would be (17.8 / 100) * 0.5
or 0.089 the width of your screen not 1/3.

Now just take your screen width in pixels say 1024.  
 0.089 * 1024  = 91 pixels.
Thanks HT. That's the one thing nobody I've spoken to knew... the originating point of reference that AH uses and it explains alot. :)

That is assuming you're talking about the width of a football field, not the length (100yds) since the human eye can only focus on about a 30 degree cone from each eye. If you're talking about the length then at 50 yds. only about 58 yards of that are in focus and the rest is in peripheral vision.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 06:10:14 AM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
GVs the wrong size??
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2005, 09:22:00 AM »
I was talking about the length of the foot ball field NHawk. Like I said if you wish the screen to represent 30deg instead of 90, just zoom in. Gun sight zoom is just setting that viewing angle.

HiTech

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
GVs the wrong size??
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2005, 02:02:25 PM »
I dont wanna be a pain here HiTech but I thought I read in an OLD thead that the planes were scaled up. (easier to see or somthing like that)

But from what you said here I assume that all Planes, GV's and the View system are to modeled to the same scale, is that correct?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
GVs the wrong size??
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2005, 03:54:18 PM »
Correct Mussie. And just to be clear  the term scale is arbitrary as long as everything is the same scale, and that scale matches its speed.

I.E. Everything is real world size.

HiTech
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 03:57:19 PM by hitech »

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
GVs the wrong size??
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2005, 03:08:11 PM »
Originally posted by Zuum
[B

This is my suggestion for proper and fixed perk values:

Tiger: 50 perks
Me262: 100 perks
La-7: 20 perks
109G-10: 20 perks
Tempest: 20 perks
B-24: 20 perks

:D

Sounds good? eh...:rofl:D :rofl [/B]

no way not at all tiger is already 50 perks btw...262s no way 100 perks its fine at 200...La7 why 20 its fine at o newbs need something come on lol...109G-10 WHY 20 its going anyway...temptist yea i agree here i dont see a diferece with this and the typh but the ammo...and the b24 they should give u perks to flying this flameing wreck
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
GVs the wrong size??
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2005, 10:24:45 AM »
...temptist yea i agree here i dont see a diferece with this and the typh but the ammo...and the b24 they should give u perks to flying this flameing wreck

Ummmm, I think you are wrong there bud, the tempest is about the best plane in the game if u ask me IMHO, its like flying a rocket with 4 hizookas.... way way way way faster then a typhoon, out accels and out climbs it by no comparrason... there not even in the same league INHO

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
GVs the wrong size??
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2005, 06:46:50 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Zuum... You don't understand my point. Compared to the bf110, the T34 in AH is about the size of my mother's Toyota. Tanks are large behemoth things, in real life. The hull of the tank (the main body) should be about as high as a person is. Then the turret itself adds several more feet of height. It looks like the T34 in AH is modeled as a toy, about 6 feet tall total, it should be 50% larger.

By making it a smaller object, it is harder to hit, and requires a closer distance before one can reliably aim at it.

The picture of the real Bf110 is a comparison for the size of a human being near the plane. Compare that to the screenshot with the tank, and the human is as tall as AH's tank is! That's messed up.

How many Lanc formations do you think Panzer Divisions on a "Ploetzi Raid" style run?  Hey, none!.   Of course Tanks are tough to hit, which is where Jabo comes in.   Not to mention comparing a T34 to a Toyota dumbtruck.  :rofl  I guess it takes all kinds.

IE - Krusty, wow, I wouldn't know where to point in the direction of helping you see the light.  Good Luck in life, maybe stop drinking Coors.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
GVs the wrong size??
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2005, 10:40:25 AM »
take the movie Patton for example, remember the battle of el alemane ( or however u spell it ), Patton had all his tanks hidden and the high ground, when Rommel's or suposedly Rommel (the germans report he wasn't there, in germany with an ear infection), but anyways, our tanks began firing and friendly british planes flew maybe 500' above them droping bombs and strafing the troops