Author Topic: Kills per Plane Type Statistics Trivia  (Read 505 times)

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Kills per Plane Type Statistics Trivia
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2005, 11:23:09 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Clearly minor production aircraft should not be compared to major production ones.  For the sake of argument, let’s define major production aircraft as over 500 units.  Minor production aircraft could be defined as 50 to 499.  Under 50 is just too small to compare fairly as well.  I think* that only two Shindens were produced.  I think the pilot got a few kills in his single sortie.  That would really throw the stats for a loop.

eskimo

You cant change the rules now, I'm winning.
How go you expect Yugoslavs to have produced that many planes with their puny economy.
12 yugofighters is probably equal to 35,000 109s as a fraction of GDP.
they probably didnt have 500 people in the country that could read let alone fly a plane (OK, I admit it, reading is harder).
Unfair, you just changed the rules because you're jealous.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 06:17:35 AM »
Originally posted by Furball
that is pretty wrong..

i assume he is talking about aircraft kills and not individuals killed.

if he isnt then i would guess the Avro Lancaster would take that title.

I thought he was talking air-to-air kills. If you add ground into the mix, I have my doubts about the Lanc.  Production run of 7500 or so, but largely served in the ETO. The B29's total run was around 3-4000, and got a lot of PTO action in, including a few records for humans killed/aircraft sortied that still stand to this day.  Okay, they were only bombing Japan for nine months, but still they put up numbers that can't be ignored.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2005, 08:40:18 AM »
Half a mo'

You asked a trivia question and you don't know the answer?  

Twenty Geekmerits to you!