Author Topic: For ALL future graphics updates...  (Read 559 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
For ALL future graphics updates...
« on: November 10, 2005, 06:48:45 PM »
I request that ALL future graphics updates be tested before release, and tested at 1.0 gamma.

I don't know what y'all have your monitors set to, but when a monitor is properly color balanced and gamma is 1.0 (I had to go and check what mine was, and was shocked to find I was flying at 1.0 (thought I was 1.2)), you can't see half the gagues, the skins are dark as hell (I can barely see anything on the 109E4 skin -- it's mostly BLACK to me).

Need to check them at proper gamma levels before releasing them.

Now all instruments are harder to see, can't see the red (RED!!) marks on the spit compass and the LW speedometers are harder to see. The altimeter in LW is only easier to see because now the 10k is white with black numbers. The numbers on said altimeter are dim and not so easy to see. It's like when the p38s first came out.

Well, that's my request. I hope it gets implemented.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
For ALL future graphics updates...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 10:21:08 PM »
I agree Krusty.

It is great to have the look of more realisim, but how far does one take it?

Each time something changes to be more life like, the more you slip away from the game aspect of it all.  

This#1- increases the learning curve for the newer flyers,  and #2 makes it harder for the old timers to see without having to go out and get a custom set of prescription bifocals made to view what is what. Then relearn where the ammo counter moved or where the trim tab gauges got relocated to

I WISH for an option to toggle between life like cockpit gauges ( the ones you can't read 1/2 the time ) or  Gauges in AH2 at its beginning back in June  of '04

this probably isn't doable, but one can WISH can't he   :D

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: For ALL future graphics updates...
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 11:05:46 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
I request that ALL future graphics updates be tested before release, and tested at 1.0 gamma.

I don't know what y'all have your monitors set to, but when a monitor is properly color balanced and gamma is 1.0 (I had to go and check what mine was, and was shocked to find I was flying at 1.0 (thought I was 1.2)), you can't see half the gagues, the skins are dark as hell (I can barely see anything on the 109E4 skin -- it's mostly BLACK to me).

Need to check them at proper gamma levels before releasing them.

Now all instruments are harder to see, can't see the red (RED!!) marks on the spit compass and the LW speedometers are harder to see. The altimeter in LW is only easier to see because now the 10k is white with black numbers. The numbers on said altimeter are dim and not so easy to see. It's like when the p38s first came out.

Well, that's my request. I hope it gets implemented.

I have my gamma set to 1.00 in both Windows and in game and the dials are easy to read and not darked out like you described with your problem.

The only problems I've had with the updated cockpit is that they became virtually unreadable at 1024x768 resolution so I had to bump it up to 1280x1024 to make them legible for me.  I do know that this will  and has caused a problem with some, especially the old farts with bad eyes :P

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song