Author Topic: Chavez: Should she step aside?  (Read 483 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Chavez: Should she step aside?
« on: January 09, 2001, 08:47:00 AM »
She said she had no idea that her resident house-keeper was an illegal alien, however the house-keeper said Chavez did know after a period of time...should she step aside for mis-informing the Bush Admin.?

In a related developing story, Chavez appears to be the victim of a Clinton loyalist....

CLINTON LOYALISTS TARGETED CHAVEZ; STEPHANOPOULOS, EGGLESTON LINK REVEALED

The nomination of Linda Chavez for Bush Labor Secretary remained in critical condition on
Tuesday, with insiders now predicting the eventual withdrawal of Cahvez's name from the
process.

Just as case intelligence now links Clinton administration loyalists with the storm
surrounding Chavez and the illegal alien who lived with her for a time in the early 1990s.

The FBI is looking into a conversation Chavez had last month with a former neighbor about the
illegal alien, the WALL STREET JOURNAL reported Tuesday.

There is growing concern among investigators that the conversation between Chavez and her
neighbor, Margaret Zwisler, may have been an attempt by Chavez to influence how Zwisler would
respond to questions.

Who mysteriously is the lawyer for the witness against Chavez?

Neil Eggleston, Bill Clinton's former White House Associate Counsel.

During his time at the White House, Eggleston worked closely with George Stephanopoulos, who
now works at ABC, the network that first reported the Chavez troubles on Sunday.

Back in themid 90's, Stephanopoulos and Eggleston met twice each day at the White House
plotting media strategy for Clinton's Whitewater Response Team.

"George [Stephanopoulos] has been very involved with the Linda Chavez story," a well-placed
source within ABC NEWS told the DRUDGE REPORT late Monday. "He's been very excited...
animated."

Stephanopoulos was the first to predict that Chavez would not survive conformation.

Stephanopoulos did not return calls seeking comment on the strong belief inside of Bush
circles that the Eggleston, Stephanopoulos tag team is back in business!

"Chavez is toast. This was a professional hit." declared one insider.

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 01-09-2001).]

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2001, 10:11:00 AM »
If she broke the law, yes. Especially a labor law.

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2001, 10:25:00 AM »
Yes, in fact I wish Bush would drop her like a hot potatoe right now. It kind of ticks me off that Bush's people didn't uncover this beforehand knowing how high profile it would be. I can't believe that they knew about it and went ahead with her anyway. We don't need this crap.

Dang it, arn't there any candidates for Cabinet nominations left who havn't had an illegal alien working for them???

Gunthr
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2001, 11:21:00 AM »
Rest assured Gunthr, Clinton never had a complete cabinet (due to embarassing moments where cabinet members had to step down or suicide) until 1997 or something like that, most in U.S. history.

It's apparent that both sides engage in 'character assassination' nowadays...detrimental to the 'will of the people'.

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2001, 11:41:00 AM »
yeah i gotta agree w/gunthr - they really outta screen em better - dont give the clintonites anything to crow over for cryin out loud!- it hurts the whole party

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2001, 01:21:00 PM »
<chuckle>