Author Topic: Compilation of Skinning Resource books  (Read 316 times)

Offline Angrist

• Nickel Member
Compilation of Skinning Resource books
« on: December 12, 2007, 02:42:36 AM »
I've looked and haven't seen a thread like this.

I know there are a lot of thread floating around where someone asks a question, and one of the more accomplished skinners makes a suggestion for a Source Book, in reference to a certain skin.  What I would like to do is get all those resources in one thread, if that is possible and not to much to ask.

So, if you would like to add book names and author, amazon or other online book company listings, etc...., I'm sure many would be interested.  I think this would be a good resource.:aok

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 03:54:09 AM »
That would be a heckuva list.  I don't do the skins but I've used my own collection of books to support the guys doing the skins with photos, info and profiles.

I wouldn't even begin to know where to start making that list.  Too many books to type em all up :)

The best skins and the most accurate are supported by multiple sources.  More often then not, the profiles folks find aren't as accurate as they should be.  Unless you have the photos to back it up, I'd never take just a profile as enough to submit a skin.

Not bashing the suggestion btw.

Best bet is to ask for info and chances are someone will have it for you.

There are LW junkies that can bury you in Luftwaffe stuff.  There are those of us that are RAF, USAAF fans that can bury you in that stuff.  There are the Blue plane guys who have all that info etc etc.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Angrist

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 08:55:25 AM »
Thanks for the reply Dan.

I wasn't really suggesting a complete list of all of everyones book.  But I guess I hadn't considered the multitude that some might have.:rofl

My thinking was if everyone threw in the books that they use as "Go To's", or where they look first when they begin a skin or are searching for info on one....hell, maybe even websites; it might be a good post to have around here.  I know I could sure use it!  lol