Author Topic: Film viewer thread  (Read 410 times)

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Film viewer thread
« on: November 13, 2005, 02:55:23 AM »
1.  TrackIR support for head movements.  Any films exported for editing will look much better being able to film good angles and smooth transitions from inside the cockpit.  Think FRAPS recording an output of rendered frames while INGAME, but with filesizes under a gigabite.

2.  Joystick position recording.  This has been suggested before.  This would be exactly like the stick settings window in setup.  It would detail the X and Y position of the stick, the rudder position, and the throttle position.  While a player maneuvers, their input would be displayed.  This could be an excellent training tool for new pilots wanting to know "how the heck did he pull that off?!"

3.  Merge Tilt's suggestions here:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=164119

and

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=164118
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 02:59:01 AM by Octavius »
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Re: Film viewer thread
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 07:52:28 AM »
Originally posted by Octavius
snip
2.  Joystick position recording.  This has been suggested before.  This would be exactly like the stick settings window in setup.  It would detail the X and Y position of the stick, the rudder position, and the throttle position.  While a player maneuvers, their input would be displayed.  This could be an excellent training tool for new pilots wanting to know "how the heck did he pull that off?!"

snip

I would REALLY like this feature.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad