Author Topic: Wild Bill S_ , er "you know who"  (Read 936 times)

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Wild Bill S_ , er "you know who"
« on: December 19, 2001, 12:25:00 PM »
What a sad day for the WB community. Honestly. The guy who couldn't kill WB's the first time around is back steering the company again. Wonder where his son will be positioned ... again.
 http://www.newsobserver.com/wednesday/business/Story/846309p-831834c.html

What's really tragic is iEN's Iceman with his comments, "He brings hope and the determination ... He has plenty of ideas... he genuinely cares ... And he wants to make money."

Make money? You bet he does. The rest is fluff and hype that glosses over past actions  by Wild Bill 'Stealing' that have clearly shown other intentions.

Westy

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: O'Westy ]

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2001, 12:31:00 PM »
OMG- will they never learn?  :eek:

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by O'Westy:
What a sad day for the WB community. Honestly. The guy who couldn't kill WB's the first time around is back steering the company again. Wonder where his son will be positioned ... again.
 http://www.newsobserver.com/wednesday/business/Story/846309p-831834c.html

What's really tragic is iEN's Iceman with his comments, "He brings hope and the determination ... He has plenty of ideas... he genuinely cares ... And he wants to make money."

Make money? You bet he does. The rest is fluff and hype that glosses over past actions  by Wild Bill 'Stealing' that have clearly shown other intentions.

Westy

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: O'Westy ]

He must have run out of fuel for his company jet.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2001, 12:34:00 PM »
Wow.  He couldn't possible be as bad as the first time... right?  Wow.

AKDejaVu

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2001, 01:19:00 PM »
You have got to be kidding me.

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2001, 01:40:00 PM »

Westy

....marking down Westy as one "NO" vote for entrance into the Wild Bill Stealey Fan Club....  ;)

dh

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2001, 01:44:00 PM »
LOL

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2001, 01:51:00 PM »
Someone fill me in on the story

I flew WB for 2 years but never really got into the community at all.

edit - i found this http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2460760,00.html

edit- found this gem by hotseat too

No one "walked out" today, but people are considering there options, which is to be expected in any management change.

Personally I have been tooling up for a manufacturing related buisness, and so will soon be require to spend more hours on said venture, do to the $$ commitment I have to date.

However I have no plans on leaving today, other team members can speak for themselfs.

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: moose ]
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2001, 06:03:00 PM »
HT and Pyro could tell you tons, but I'm betting they aren't talking. Suffice to say resources were squandered, money lost, and all there was to show for it was WB at the con posturing in his flight suit like one of the boyz...

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2001, 06:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran:
HT and Pyro could tell you tons, but I'm betting they aren't talking. Suffice to say resources were squandered, money lost, and all there was to show for it was WB at the con posturing in his flight suit like one of the boyz...

man he pissed me off!! wasted an hour of my time on this planet having to listen to him drivel on about jetwarrior or what ever it was. I'm expecting the AH community to get larger soon  :)

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2001, 07:46:00 PM »
Yeah, it's turning out to be a very merry holiday season for HTC.

In all fairness, this is the only shot WB had at continuing.  Someone had to pony up the cash.  This is actually good news for WB fans.

And Hell, as bad as Wild Bill is, he's not the one who sold off the only part of the business that had a shot at making money.

Of course, you could argue that the reason it wasn't making money was Wild Bill...

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Dinger ]

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2001, 09:25:00 PM »
Wild Billy is currently the best possible thing that could happen to WB/iEN right now.  If you read iEN's latest financial report, their net worth finally went negative late this last quarter.  Without a fresh infusion of cash they would be closed up and selling their hardware/technology to pay bankruptcy judgements.  As it is, they have enough cash to run another quarter and it's thanks to $300,000 W.B.S. apparently came up with.

Regardless of the fact it's Wild Bill's fault they're in this situation anyhow, his cash is the only reason they aren't shutting down.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Skybax

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2001, 03:01:00 AM »
http://agw.warbirdsiii.com/agw//Forum3/HTML/025445.html

-Pros & cons
-glass half empty or half full
-positive thinking or negitive thinking
-carry grudges or support what you injoy
-act like a caring responsible adult or hateful immature child
-yada yada yada

You decide.......

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2001, 08:02:00 AM »
"You decide......."

Which is ultimately what it all boils down to. Course some folks think the decision lays with them too.  ;)  Will have to see what direction Wild Bill wants you folks to go. If an WB player thinks that now is the time for WB to change and a direction towards what they think it should be, well... Wild Bill has a solid history of not asking or caring for what the players want.  He wants to make money remember, not friends.

Realise of course this topic is just meant to be the same as when a bunch of folks hanging around the office water cooler talking about the latest broo-haha at that 'other place' across town.

Westy

(lol DH  :) I'm a card carrying member of that union too)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2001, 08:16:00 AM »
...and I might add I don't see anyone dancing jigs in response to this. No one wants to see your sim fail, despite what our friend Cabby has stated on AGW. Personally, I am utterly amazed iEN would tread down this path again. They obviously know more than I do, but I shake my head in wonder.

If this makes me immature, well, I guess I am.