Author Topic: Frickin dog  (Read 803 times)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Frickin dog
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2005, 07:24:54 PM »
Originally posted by AWMac
Feed him AntiFreeze and give him a Car battery as a chew toy...

If it doesn't stop him of his antics, then you'll have the BEST dog
that will break the ice at any BBQ !

:aok

Damn Mac, stop posting childhood pics! Your goin to scare someone.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Frickin dog
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2005, 07:26:18 PM »
Originally posted by Cougar68
Well I just don't know how else to explain it.  It's conditioned behavior, body posture, etc. etc.  Feel free to talk to any experienced dog trainer about how they remember what they did wrong an hour ago and they'll tell you the same thing.  Has nothing to do with intelligience, it's just their behavior.  We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Cougar

Maybe you just havnt trained many smart dogs!:rofl

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Frickin dog
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2005, 08:08:36 PM »
Only get on him when he's doing it..

Some don't understand what they've done in the past..

Get him a chew toy that you give him for him to chew on only when your gone, a nyla bone or something, of course supervise him with it first..

Also, to keep him busy, buy a black kong..

Fill it with cream cheese and peanut butter, and freeze it..

If you put just one or the other he'll either have the runs or be stopped up, so you gotta do both..
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Frickin dog
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2005, 09:07:56 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2

LMAO

Actually I would agree with him on young dogs say a year or less. but as they get older they know. they remember.

I have come to several conclusions with dogs

All dogs are dumb and smart.
some dogs are smart in some areas and dumb in others and other dogs and dumb in some areas and smart in others.

But they all as they grow older figure out how to,
Plan and plot.
Sneak,
Reason
deceive and practice trickery, particularly on each other( witness this on almost a daily basis)
Problem solve.
Remember
And know.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Frickin dog
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2005, 09:49:22 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
LOL Great post... and may I suggest that the most malevolent pet known to man is a frikken cat that ****s in yer headphones when you piss it off.

heheheh I remember the posts you used to make about the battles with the cat....

:rofl

Offline Cougar68

• Nickel Member
Frickin dog
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2005, 10:09:34 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2

Well, since I have a border collie and two rough collies, I'll disagree.  :)  I've always like the herding dogs because of their intellegience.  They've just got that look behind their eyes that tells you there's something going on.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Frickin dog
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2005, 10:17:11 PM »
As much as I love dogs, the only thing dumber than a dog is two of them....

My regards,

Widewing
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 12:08:41 AM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
Frickin dog
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2005, 11:27:54 PM »
When Bailey was a puppy,I could always tell when I got home from work if she had chewed something she wasn't supposed to-her tail would be tucked.

Dred is right.

They know.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Frickin dog
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2005, 03:44:47 AM »
Collies are Tards..... you've been watchin too many ol Black and White Lassie reruns with Timmy crying. Let go of your apron and get a "Real Mans" dog.

Lab
Goldie
Shepard
Wiemie

Stay away from the physco dogs.
Pitts
anything Russian
Skuzzies

Of course you'll let the wifey have one of them lil "ribbions in the hair, painted nails, special meal... dogs... not even in the category of "Canine".

Those are PP&K dogs...Punt, Pass and Kick.

:rofl

Mac

Offline Cougar68

• Nickel Member
Frickin dog
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2005, 10:03:14 AM »
Originally posted by AWMac
Collies are Tards..... you've been watchin too many ol Black and White Lassie reruns with Timmy crying. Let go of your apron and get a "Real Mans" dog.

Surely you're not serious?  Ever spent any time around a good collie?  They're perfectly content to lay by my side and watch tv, but as soon as I say "jump" they're up and ready to whatever I ask.  I've had labs, rotties, beagles, mutts and a few in between.   The collies and border collie are hands down the best I've ever known.  

Unfortunately I'm headed out of town for the weekend now, but I'll look forward to coming back to this on monday.  :)

Cougar

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Frickin dog
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2005, 12:42:21 PM »
Other option..

Which you shoulda done along time ago..

Crate Train...

:furious
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Re: Frickin dog
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2005, 12:43:43 PM »
Originally posted by nirvana
We got a German Shepard puppy last Aprl and by this time I figured he'd be able to stay in the house all day without chewing crap up.  Especially since it is getting colder we just leave the dogs inside.  Well not once but twice I had to yell at him, once when I got up and once when I got home.  I'm out of ideas and my step dad seems to think his "little" dog is an angel.  Mostly because he didn't have to clean up the dog stuff for 2 monthes.  So I get home I yell "bad dog!" "NO" several times to him while showing him what he had done.  Didn't seem to phase him.  I don't know what to do, is yelling at him the wrong thing to do?  I don't want to pull out my airsoft gun and ping him with it.  I'm just extremely frustrated.

http://www.germanshephards.com

Go to their forums..

You'll get assraped for not having her trained but.. you'll get great advice.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Frickin dog
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2005, 01:38:54 PM »
I had a great dog until two years ago, a rat terrier.

That littl ebugger was amazingly smart, and also a demon when it wanted to be.

Potty training was a beotch and required lots of praise and using a room while gone.  She took to that, and then only went in the house when mad at me, or when she could hold it no more because I was late, then she used the shower mat, and I was ok with it, as it was easy to clean.

Her best was stealing things, and she was adept at this task, and moved the hiding spots very frequently.  I tolerated this, as she mostly only stole my pens, chap sticks, and money I left out.  I learned not to leave them out, so she took to just hiding her toys, which she had lots of.

The hardest thing I had to do, was keep her out of my old girlfriend's cats litter box.  Rosie (dog's name) would sneak into that damn thing all the time, and I'd see her walking across the floor with white dust on her face licking her chops acting like she had done nothing.  It was terrible, she thought I did not know, and I would look into the room where the litter was, and sure enough, she'd done it, then she knew I caught her. She then picked up the habit of wiping her face on the floor after she did it, and I'd not see any evidence, and she was able to get away with it.  I finally ended up having to get some stuff from the vet to put in the cats food so she'd stop eating their crap.  That worked.  

Anyways, I loved her loads, spent lots of time with her, and just enjoyed all my time with her.  Spend time with your dog, and treat it well, and you'll be happy with the results.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
Frickin dog
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2005, 07:01:53 PM »
I agree that dogs remember stuff, things they've done wrong, people they've 'met' etc.
I have a three year old Blue Heeler, he is a great dog, fully house trained, great with kids and animals, wouldnt hurt a fly.
The other day a mate of mine dropped around that I havent seen since Tiger (my Bluey) was about 8 weeks old, he used to hassle Tiger when he was a little puppy and Tiger hasn't forgotten it.
The moment my mate opened the gate and came into the yard, he had an angry three year old Blue Heeler that meant business hanging off his calf.
I came out to investigate all the yelling and carrying on, saw what was happening and called the dog off.
Tiger sat there with his hackles up and fangs bared, looking from my mate to me, pretty much begging for permission to go rip him a new one.
Troy (my mate) sat there with his pants leg up and a two bleeding canine holes bared, looking from the dog to me with a stunned expression on his face and said "little bugger has a long memory huh?"
Cracked me up.
Back when Tiger was a little ball of fluff that Troy loved to tease and annoy, I would say to him "You know mate, one day that little ball of fur is going to be a fully grown male blue cattle dog, and he isnt going to forget this"
Troy would laugh it off, he pretty much didnt believe a word of it.
Now he knows better :)

When confronted with a chewed shoe, or a spilled rubbish bin or any of the million and one other things they get up to, my dogs allways dob themselves in, whichever one is guilty of the crime either legs it and hides, or just rolls over and puts their tail between their legs in a submissive posture, depending on how serious they think the misdemeanour is.

If it was just tone of voice, or body posture that they were responding to, all three dogs would split, not just the guilty one.

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
Frickin dog
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2005, 05:15:13 AM »
http://www.canismajor.com/dog/germansh.html

I am on my 4th and 5th GSD

12 year Female and 1 year Male   (Kayla and Hunter)

They are the best but don't let them get bored they will amuse themselves with not good results for you.