Author Topic: New Documents Reveal Saddam Hid WMD, Was Tied to Al Qaida  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
New Documents Reveal Saddam Hid WMD, Was Tied to Al Qaida
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by Krusher
Why would they have 500 tons of Uranium?

How did they get it in the first place?

http://www.iaea.org/worldatom/Programmes/ActionTeam/nwp2.html

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2005, 07:58:17 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Google, is thy friend

this is a side arguement, but do you really understand the concept of "irony"?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2005, 07:58:17 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
IAEA knew it was there before the last round of inspections.  What's your point anyway?  That the inspections where working before the invasion?  In fact, the uranium became unsecure after the invasion.  Not that much can be done with un-enriched uranium anyway.

There was also a list of WMD, TONS IT, that the UN never accounted for, but knew was there.

But hey, they knew it was there, so it's all good.

And the 500 tons of uranium is in the US now.....a little bit more secure than pre-invasion
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 08:00:35 PM by NUKE »

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2005, 08:02:01 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
None of it was weapons grade material.

Pfffft... that's like your Daughter saying......

"But Dad it's ONLY cookie dough!!!"

"It's NOT like I'm eating Cookies!"

Get Real!!!

Mac

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2005, 08:07:40 PM »
“Iraq was in clear material violation of UN Security Council Resolution 1441. They maintained programs and activities, and they certainly had the intentions at a point to resume their programs. So there was a lot they wanted to hide because it showed what they were doing that was illegal.”
-Inspector David Kay's testimony

“Saddam Hussein so dominated the Iraqi Regime that its strategic intent was his alone. He wanted to end sanctions while preserving the capability to reconstitute his weapons of mass destruction when sanctions were lifted.”
-weapons inspector Charles Duelfer

Furious do you really understand the concept of "facts?" (this is of course to my comments relating to the "Bush Lied" crowd, not the article posted in this thread.....I've allready spoke my peice on it.) because I havn't seen one posted from either you or thrawn.  :huh
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 08:10:21 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2005, 08:08:38 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
There was also a list of WMD, TONS IT, that the UN never accounted for, but knew was there.

But hey, they knew it was there, so it's all good.

Nah, the inspectors said (and the signatories to resolution 1441), "There may be these and those WMD there, let's go check it out.".

They couldn't find them, and Bush et al decided that that ment that they must be there.  Pretty wierd thinking eh?

And the 500 tons of uranium is in the US now.....a little bit more secure than pre-invasion

Perhaps, but 500 tons of uranium ore wasn't a threat in the first place.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2005, 08:09:48 PM »
Nah, the inspectors said (and the signatories to resolution 1441), "There may be these and those WMD there, let's go check it out.".

They couldn't find them, and Bush et al decided that that ment that they must be there.  Pretty wierd thinking eh?

Perhaps, but 500 tons of uranium ore wasn't a threat in the first place.

Nope, the UN said that TONS of the WMD have NEVER been acounted for.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2005, 08:11:57 PM »
500 tons of uranium ore wasn't a threat in the first place.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

ahhhh thrawn you kill me.  Perhaps Sadam Husain was never captured and what we have is his clone.  He (sadam) and OBL are chllin together in a cave in pakistan sipping 40's and smokin the hoooka.

I love revisionists.  They are so entertaining.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2005, 08:24:24 PM »
Thrawn and Nash really need to open together in Vegas!

They'd be a Riot Comedy Show!!!

Kinda like the Smothers Brothers, Laurel and Hardy, Abbot and Constello...

or just "Ernie and Bert".  

:rofl

Mac
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 08:27:33 PM by AWMac »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2005, 08:26:52 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
The Syrians have them.  They know we know they have them.  

That really wouldnt surprise me considering he tried sending his airforce to Iran in Gulf war I.

Also it is my understanding that in the case of the Bio weapons in particular that the amount we would be looking for would fit in a two car garage.

And we would be looking for them in an area the size of Texas.

What I would like to know is how much Dual use Chemical stuff they found.
Stuff that in and of themselves are nothing But. Combined with other chemicals create a Chemical weapon.

Kinda like Ammonia and Bleach. Most people have them in their homes and by themselves they are only perfectly legitimate cleaning agents. But mix the two together and you have poison gas

From what I understand abaou how Iraqs Chemical weapon program worked is they didnt keep stockpiles of the stuff ready to fire but rather mixed the stuff on site just prior to them using them.

Seems Saddam didnt trust just anyone for this task and thus had only a few specific people who were authorised to do it under his orders.

Would make sence to me particularly if he thought he might be under the threat of inspections or accusations of WMDs.
Inspections would turn up nothing but chemicals that have a legitimate other uses and thus cant be claimed as a WMD untill they are actually mixed together.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2005, 08:28:14 PM »
Originally posted by AWMac
Thrawn and Nash really need to open together in Vegas!

They'd be a Riot Comedy Show!!!

Kinda like the Smothers Brothers, Laurel and Hardy, Abbot and Constello...

or jusr "Ernie and Bert".  

:rofl

Mac

Nash is intelligent, interesting, creative, likeable, and likes America. Other than that, Thrawn is just like him.

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2005, 10:03:34 PM »
Hey, I like everybody here....

Just wanted to get that out before I ask the next question. And here I'm genuinely curious, I really have no big doggie in this particular fight.

Thrawn, if WMDs were in fact discovered to have been in Iraq till just prior to the 2003 invasion, would that really change your opinion of the war or of Bush? Would you really suddenly go into the support column on either?

I'm just wondering if this is a "Who cares? Doesn't change anything" issue.
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2005, 10:12:05 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Nope, the UN said that TONS of the WMD have NEVER been acounted for.

So?

Cops come to your house with a search warrent looking for illegal firearms.  They know that you bought some in the past.  You tell you destroyed them.  They start searching your house, they report that they aren't finding any weapons.  The Chief of Police says stop the search and arrest him for having illegal weapons anyways.

Gunslinger,

Cops come to your house with a search warrent looking for illegal firearms.  They know that you bought some in the past.  They start searching your house, they report that they aren't finding any weapons.  The Chief of Police says stop the search and arrest him for having illegal weapons anyways.

You're on trial and your lawyer says, "WTF, he didn't have any illegal firearms.".

Cop on the stand says, "Yeah, but we found charcoal and metal.  Which those items, machining equipment and some other things he could make them.".

Your lawyer, "Did he have the proper equipment, and other things he needed to make them."

Cop, "Well, no.".

Your lawyer, "...WTF?".

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2005, 10:19:02 PM »
So?

Cops come to your house with a search warrent looking for illegal firearms.  They know that you bought some in the past.  You tell you destroyed them.  They start searching your house, they report that they aren't finding any weapons.  The Chief of Police says stop the search and arrest him for having illegal weapons anyways.

Gunslinger,

Cops come to your house with a search warrent looking for illegal firearms.  They know that you bought some in the past.  They start searching your house, they report that they aren't finding any weapons.  The Chief of Police says stop the search and arrest him for having illegal weapons anyways.

You're on trial and your lawyer says, "WTF, he didn't have any illegal firearms.".

Cop on the stand says, "Yeah, but we found charcoal and metal.  Which those items, machining equipment and some other things he could make them.".

Your lawyer, "Did he have the proper equipment, and other things he needed to make them."

Cop, "Well, no.".

Your lawyer, "...WTF?".

not even close.  For this to be an equal comparison I would have had to own Machine guns and Machine gunned a bunch of people and barried them in my back yard.  The cops would have discovered the bodies and it would have been known that at one point in time I had a Machine gun.  

Then once they got to the basement they would have found a young woman in a deep whole mumbling over and over "it puts the lotion on it's skin or it gets the hose".

That would be a better comparison.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2005, 10:26:24 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
That would be a better comparison.

It would be a more complete analogy, but it would be outside the scope of this discussion.  I mean, I could go on about how some of the cops sold you illegal weapons, and condoned your behaviour...but I won't because it would be outside the scope of this discussion.