Author Topic: Bombing  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Bombing
« on: November 17, 2005, 01:18:07 PM »
For historically level bombers (B-24/B-17/Lancaster... etc)
- limit the ability to drop bombs through the bombsight only (F6)

For all others, the current standard.

It'll reduce the dive-bombing tards that up in a lanc/b-24, fly to 6000ft, then dive bomb a carrier or an airfield.  Highly unrealistic, and pure game dweebery.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Bombing
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 05:07:39 PM »
no
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Bombing
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 05:12:03 PM »
You're definitely the minority if you disagree with this.

edit:  tilt's proposal
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 05:15:38 PM by Octavius »
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Bombing
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 05:12:28 PM »
Not quite everything I would like, but it'd be a great start.

edit: That's a damn fine idea. Someone give Tilt a beer.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 05:26:47 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Bombing
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 03:06:25 PM »
Yep, it was Tilt's idea ~ ALL the credit should go to him.  But this is where it needs to be posted... :aok

Offline sgtdeaux

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Bombing
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 03:26:19 PM »
Fine great idea... then make it so that fighters have to sit in the tower for 10 seconds after they die.
If you gonna limit one groups idea of how to play the game you had better limit the other groups to compensate.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Bombing
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 03:51:25 PM »
Originally posted by sgtdeaux
Fine great idea... then make it so that fighters have to sit in the tower for 10 seconds after they die.
If you gonna limit one groups idea of how to play the game you had better limit the other groups to compensate.
Or just fix level bombers to F6 dropping only and cut out the crap we see now with a B-24 at 7000ft dive-bombing an airfield. Unrealistic, and it's gaming the game.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Bombing
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 04:04:40 PM »
You guys pointed out the flaws in my crappy ideas, and now I'm going to flame everything.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Bombing
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 04:14:45 PM »
The exception to tilt's suggestion that I'd make is for formations and dropping from the pilot's positions to still be enabled when carrying torpedoes.  It is hard enough to hit with a torpedo with a formation of Ju88s or Ki-67s and forcing it to be done with a single aircraft is overly harsh.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Bombing
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 04:32:15 PM »

:lol :rofl :rofl :lol, do you really believe what you are saying? Dive bombing heavies isn't "changing gameplay", it's correcting a problem.

Oh yeah, and good idea.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 04:46:44 PM by SuperDud »
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline sgtdeaux

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Bombing
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 11:00:45 AM »
100 fighters upping every 2 seconds to intercept bombers is a problem also.. there is nothing that says its not possible to dive bomb in a buff.
if LA-7's Niki's and Swarms of spitfires can fight eachother and it be considered plausable how is a formation of bombers droping from low alt or dive bombing any less?

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Bombing
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 11:12:38 AM »
Well, all those fighter aircraft are modeled as accuratley as possible while the heavies are not. This isn't about accuracy as it pertains to P51's fighting the LW enemy. It's about making the aircraft perform as it should and nothing more. This has nothing to do with your inability to drop bombs and get the heck outta there either, so start your own thread about that and please don't hijack this 1. I mean after all in real life, heavy bombers didn't suicide themselfs and it was highly unlikely they'd go around on a bomb run. I don't even know why you'd be against it? From your accounts you do fairly high alt level bombing?
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline sgtdeaux

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Bombing
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 01:17:45 PM »
The theory is almost sound except for one thing.
It further limits bombers.
I think the bombers in this game have enough limitations as it is.
If taking freedoms away from fighters to do things is always wrong then the same should apply to bombers.
besides in the past ive been told that the technique referenced above. (coming in low) is suicide and easily stopped.. if this is the case then why so many complaints about it?
whats a' matter fighter jocks? did we ruin your pointless furball by taking the base from under your noses while you chased our distraction planes 6k away from your base?

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Bombing
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 01:28:43 PM »
sgtdeaux are you french? because you sure produce a lot of whine.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
Bombing
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2005, 02:02:40 PM »
I don't think this thread is about NOE bombing, it's about using heavy bombers as if they were Stukas.

I also don't think this thread is about furballers vs. toolshedders.

Lastly I don't think this or any other thread on this forum or the General forum on this subject is about BKs vs. the World (been biting my tongue about saying that for days now, just had to finally say it :))

I didn't realize bombers were currently limited and I didn't find where those current limitations were listed, so I'm not sure what we are talking about there.

I would love to see that list of current limitations for bombers and how making F6 the way to drop bombs from certain aircraft would limit bombers further.