Author Topic: 109g14 skin  (Read 536 times)

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
109g14 skin
« on: November 20, 2005, 11:13:58 PM »
Stab I/JG52 'Pik As'

w00t found me a skin!! :)

Flown this aircraft On 4th February 1945 Erich Hartmann got his 337th victory. I can't show pic because of markings.

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
109g14 skin
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 10:31:40 AM »

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
109g14 skin
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 04:57:01 PM »
Originally posted by SkyChimp
:eek:

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
      • http://4jg53.org
109g14 skin
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 05:13:18 PM »
Thats fantasy not real...

First of all JG 52 was not the 'Pik As' squadron, that was JG 53. Erich Hartmann was transferred to JG 53 and served as I./JG 53 'Gruppenkommandeure in Vertretung' for a short stint in  Feb '45. Before the month was over he was sent back to JG 52 to serve as  Gruppenkommandeure of I./JG 52.

His JG 53 G-14 can be found in a few books and model sites.

One of Hartmann's JG 52 G-14s can be seen here (profile by Sundin, 6/JG52 - Deutsch Brod/Tchecoslovaquia - Outubro, 1944)

Hartmann

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
109g14 skin
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 05:41:04 PM »
Originally posted by Bruno
Thats fantasy not real...

First of all JG 52 was not the 'Pik As' squadron, that was JG 53. Erich Hartmann was transferred to JG 53 and served as I./JG 53 'Gruppenkommandeure in Vertretung' for a short stint in  Feb '45. Before the month was over he was sent back to JG 52 to serve as  Gruppenkommandeure of I./JG 52.

His JG 53 G-14 can be found in a few books and model sites.

One of Hartmann's JG 52 G-14s can be seen here (profile by Sundin, 6/JG52 - Deutsch Brod/Tchecoslovaquia - Outubro, 1944)

Hartmann

Got it from here.
http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/33/2/7

Anyways would been nice skin...

Could it of been error on site?

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
      • http://4jg53.org
109g14 skin
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 06:07:03 PM »
What are you telling me with that Google link?

There was no JG 52 'Pik As'. I am in contact with surviving members of JG 53. My Flight Sim squadron for years has been JG53, I ran a web page dedicated to JG53 for years (closed last year). Just buy Prein's JG 53 series, there's plenty of pictures.

Here's a link to Bernd Barbas' Jagdgeschwader 52 site. He is authoring the squadrons 'official history'. You can purchase volume 1 from his site.

If you are using the 'web' as a source then you will run into inaccuracies. If you are saying you don't care about inaccuracies and will go with whatever Google turns up then so be it. You will still be as incorrect as the image of the G-14 you posted.

YMMV :p

EDIT:

Also, that wings palette website is full of inaccurate profiles. All that website is is a warehouse of profiles that can be found many places on the web. That site does not respect copyrights either and steals images/works from others. That site my be useful as a guide, or reference (I wouldn't use it) but using it a a primary source is laughable.

My G-14 template should be finished by the week end. My references for the skin I will chose will be from books. If you don't wish to buy books just to do AH skins then a trip to the local library would be my first choice over the web.

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
109g14 skin
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 07:06:25 PM »
Originally posted by Bruno
What are you telling me with that Google link?

There was no JG 52 'Pik As'. I am in contact with surviving members of JG 53. My Flight Sim squadron for years has been JG53, I ran a web page dedicated to JG53 for years (closed last year). Just buy Prein's JG 53 series, there's plenty of pictures.

Here's a link to Bernd Barbas' Jagdgeschwader 52 site. He is authoring the squadrons 'official history'. You can purchase volume 1 from his site.

If you are using the 'web' as a source then you will run into inaccuracies. If you are saying you don't care about inaccuracies and will go with whatever Google turns up then so be it. You will still be as incorrect as the image of the G-14 you posted.

YMMV :p

EDIT:

Also, that wings palette website is full of inaccurate profiles. All that website is is a warehouse of profiles that can be found many places on the web. That site does not respect copyrights either and steals images/works from others. That site my be useful as a guide, or reference (I wouldn't use it) but using it a a primary source is laughable.

My G-14 template should be finished by the week end. My references for the skin I will chose will be from books. If you don't wish to buy books just to do AH skins then a trip to the local library would be my first choice over the web.

:o :o :p

Sorry man!

Anyways u have a g14 skin u would like done?!