Author Topic: Senate walks away from the American People.  (Read 657 times)

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Senate walks away from the American People.
« on: December 20, 2001, 08:45:00 PM »
My outrage by the actions of the Senate regaarding the stimulus package is to the boiling point,GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

How do these idiots get elected????  I just don't get it anymore :(

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2001, 09:20:00 PM »
money, sheep.
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2001, 03:29:00 AM »
...ask that loser Jeffers and the people who will line up to vote him right back in next term.

Tumor
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2001, 10:42:00 AM »
1776 you mean the bloated payoffs to mega corps didnt go thru. ohh my god nooooooo.

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2001, 01:40:00 PM »
No, what happened is the the fuel wasn't added to the econmic engine.  What reason is ther to hire people?  What reason is there for people to go out and buy?  It's a shame the 18 Liberal Democrats stand in the way of the economic recovery of a nation like America just to have an issue this fall to run on :(

Shame, Shame ,Shame on these 18 elistists!!!

The Bill would have been passed in the Senate if Mad Dog Dash-l wasn't a power pig!!!

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2001, 01:53:00 PM »
that's how libs are thinking.

How do I help the homeless guy? Pass the law that forbids their prosecution for stealing a Safeway cart.

How do I help an enemployed? Extend his unemployment benefits.

How do I help the welfare mother? Give her more money for each new kid.

Thsy don' want to address the issue, they just want to be seen as compasionate, even at the cost of exacerbating the problem.

It's like Martin Sheen who helped homeless not by offering them a job (I'm pretty sure he could affort to hire someone to bloww the leaves off of his property), but by spending the night with the homeless and sleeping in a sewer for a night.

What a compasionate dude.

Offline ET

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2001, 02:50:00 PM »
They did not have any problem raising their own pay again this year though.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2001, 07:37:00 PM »
<Climbs up on soapbox>

No matter which side you favor in this latest "legislative gridlock" one thing is obvious.

They didn't do ANYTHING. Didn't make any mistakes. Didn't make any "good" or "smart" moves. The didn't do a d*mn thing.

Now what do we send them to Foggy Bottom to do?

They work for us, or are supposed to anyway. These fine leaders, intelligent folks that continually tell us what great things they are doing for us (right around re-election time), are supposed to grapple with the tough questions and find mutually agreeable solutions. That's what they are SUPPOSED to do.

This time they did NOTHING.

So... ya gonna just b*tch about it here or are you gonna fire up the E-Mail machine and send them some guidance from home?

Take a few minutes and tell your reps to

"forking LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET THE H*LL OUT OF THE WAY."

Kick 'em in the *ss.

Or else we can't really b*tch, can we?

<off soapbox>
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2001, 10:47:00 AM »
what mietla said

now the reason:

Come next November they will rub the Republicans nose in the sour economy blaming it all on them ... and the media will help.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2001, 11:55:00 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler:
what mietla said

now the reason:

Come next November they will rub the Republicans nose in the sour economy blaming it all on them ... and the media will help.

Hopefuly most will remember when the slowdown started and who did nothing to stop it. But to be honest I don't know about my 2 senators. Phill Graham will be retiring, but Kay Hutchenson screwed me as far as I'm conserned, they all did.  I didn't hear ONE senator hit the air waves to fight for this bill.  To me it looks like they were more worried about getting home for the holliday than our economy.  We need the damn tax cut NOW, not 2 yrs from now.  I'm ready to do my part to help the economy, but I need more of MY cash to do it...

and thanks for you last post Toad, that one really got me thinking and pissed  :)

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: Udie ]

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2001, 12:46:00 PM »
Never, ever fall in love with a politician. You can only form a positive opinion about them after they leave the office, or better yet they are dead.

A negative opinion can be formed at any time, even before they get elected.

[spelling]

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: mietla ]

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2001, 01:14:00 PM »
. I didn't hear ONE senator hit the air waves to fight for this bill.

Udie. You need to start watching the Fox news channel.  Got both sides of the story there.
The big corp.s are stock piling money until they see where the economy is going. Give them more money. They will just set on it also.  The Dem's want to turn it into another welfare program. (big suprise :().  The only one that came out of it looking like he is doing something, was the Prez. He caved on 80 percent of what the Dems  were asking, Just to try and get them to do something.  I misjudged that fellow.  He is turning out to be one hell of a President.

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: easymo ]

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2001, 09:43:00 PM »
Just another example of our Gov't being really, really excellent at what it does.

Nothing, unless you count raising their pay and I guess they do that quite well too so we actually have no squeak, they are performing as expected.