Author Topic: Oh, the joys of a HD crash  (Read 542 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Oh, the joys of a HD crash
« on: September 26, 2001, 03:13:00 PM »
Haven't flown for a few days.

Was gonna install XP. Unfortunately, it didn't want to get installed. Instead, it corrupted my HD partitions. Was so bad that when I used a bootdisk and tried fdisk, I got an arithmetic logic error division by zero.

So I fiddled around with it, and tried again. Filed again. Managed to format the partitions, tried again; no luck. Will try again later.

Unfortunately, when i reinstalled windows, it automatically gave me some updated Detonator drivers - and these fek up my joystick. it was fine before, it is fine (mostly now), but then it starts spiking like mad - and i had this before the crash when I installed newer detonator drivers. Going back to some old ones I had on the Hd solved it. But those are gone, and I've tried dl'ing new old drivers, but to no avail.

Screw that stick. It's out in USB now. All I have to do is convince my (now already starting to be rich) sister to lend me some cash for one of those.

Should be here within a couple of weeks; not gonna try to fool Danish customs again, as they're clearly much smarter than me with regards to these things  :).

Until then, my skills shall deteriorate once again.

Some good comes outta it: incredibly hectic semester this one, and I'm not *that* far behind yet, thanks to having more time to actually study  :D.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Oh, the joys of a HD crash
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2001, 03:21:00 PM »
What skills?  BBS posting?  I think you can stay sharp.

Plus you will have more time to work on your leather and sequins chaps and vest combo for the big LW beauty pageant in Berlin.

GL getting your puter and input devices in shape again.   :)