Author Topic: DVD, it's a beeyootiful thang  (Read 393 times)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
DVD, it's a beeyootiful thang
« on: August 19, 2000, 04:03:00 AM »

I just installed a DVD player, which not to long ago I thought was worthless. Still, I did, so I needed to check it out.

I went to Fry's Electronics and looked for a good DVD concert to try it out.

Hmm, after a serious search, no RUSH! Bah! Whats a guy to do?

Well fortunatley they had a DVD by Pantera called "Vulgar Videos From Hell."

Oh,my, hail DVD! It is so diddlying awesome! Texas natives, embrase these Texas born,raised,and resident metal monsters, and buy this DVD. Tremendous.....

Now go argue about Nazi's,abortion, (add worthless discussion topic here) you tards, I got some partying to do...

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2000, 04:16:00 AM »
 The first time I saw Pantera in concert was in 1985 at a club called Cardi's here in Houston. About 1 month before I saw Metalica in the same club   which was a $5 concert w/ the Iron Maiden ticket stub from the concert at the summit 2 hours before the Metalica concert    Wasp, Iron Maiden, Armored Saint and Metalica all in 1 night  

Opps sorry, I went off on a tangent. You sent me down memory lane Creamo, thnx  

Udie

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2000, 04:38:00 AM »
Ahh, Metallica...

1986?...thats about right for my first concert with them. I saw them when they shredded, infact "Caines Ballroom' Tulsa OK, while I was in A@P aviation school. Cliff Burton was indeed there with all us 100 folks. (It was "Master of Puppets" tour  after the Ozzy tour. Tiny club...sheesh.)

Cliff died months later on the European leg, errr.

Anyway,Metallica sucks now, but they were bad Mo Fo's then.

No matter -Where's my RUSH DVD?!!!! (I'd ask Bytor but he couldnt even answer mylast "BYTOR" post cuz he's a HTH avacado. :0)

[This message has been edited by Creamo (edited 08-19-2000).]

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2000, 04:53:00 AM »
Hey, Creamo, I work at the U of WA, and they were doing HDTV experiments over the internet.  This meant they had a HDTV set here, and one night I came into work and it was on with some fantasy movie playing.  It was awesome, totally awesome.  I couldn't believe the resolution on the screen.  I could see every line in a person's face!  It was mesmerizing really.  Totally amazing.
ingame: Raz

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2000, 07:41:00 AM »
"Caines Ballroom"

AHHHH-the "Wrong Side of the Tracks"   I saw the Police at the Caines right after they released their hit "Roxanne".  

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2000, 10:08:00 AM »
Creamo,

The first time I saw Metalica I think was 85, it was the Ride the lighting tour  , then I saw them w/ Ozzy, then Cliff died  
Then I saw them in 87 and again in 89, then they sold out     I'm starting to like them again though...

Udie