Author Topic: Enterprise  (Read 914 times)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Enterprise
« on: September 26, 2001, 09:53:00 PM »
Missed the first hour - up to the point where a chick kisses him and turns ugly. What was all that about?

miko

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Enterprise
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2001, 09:15:00 AM »
The beer buzz wore off.

Offline Vosper

• Zinc Member
Enterprise
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2001, 09:57:00 AM »
It was her way of verifying the truth in his statement regarding the situation - she was the one that had given the Klingon information about the events going on in his empire.

So who else liked the view of the Vulcan female, when she was applying the decontamination gel?  :D

Cheers

Offline ygsmilo

• Silver Member
Enterprise
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2001, 10:06:00 AM »
My comment about that vulcan is---------Nice Rack!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Serapis

• Copper Member
      • http://www.keithreid.com
Enterprise
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2001, 10:44:00 AM »
The geeks over at Slashdot are having a field day with the new series, with the usual trolls damming it out of the gate and various arguments over the look of the Klingons - orig. searies vs. the next gen, etc. Too funny.

They are scrutnizing the whole Trek mythology for a "genetic adaptation experiment gone bad...yada yada yada" when the answer is as simple as modern makeup technology and production budgets. If you can suspend disbelief to accept the concept of a warp drive you should be able to accept the fact that 1968 Star Trek might have wanted a "Mr. Worf" look istead of a mongol gotee dude.

Gotta love T'pol though. Don't mind a bit of heat with my sci fi  :)

Charon

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
Enterprise
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2001, 10:51:00 AM »
That Vulcan is on the cover of the new MAXIUM.   :eek:

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Enterprise
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2001, 10:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by NATEDOG:
That Vulcan is on the cover of the new MAXIUM.    :eek:

hopefully with a new do and set of ears..

at least we know where implants originated from ... a Vulcan gift ..to boldly go where no man has gone before  :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Enterprise
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2001, 11:03:00 AM »
So, anyone can tell me what happened in the first hour?

miko

Offline Serapis

• Copper Member
Enterprise
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2001, 11:19:00 AM »
So, anyone can tell me what happened in the first hour?
miko

Well, backstory on the captain (dad was shortchanged by the Vulcans) explination of the basic technology, Warp 4.5 is super fast, Vulcans didn't want us gallavanting around the universe in our shiny new starship (too immature), Klingon crashes on earth and kills two of the shape changing bad guys and gets shot by a farmer. Captain Backula decides(and convinces the Admiral) that we should take the Klingon back home and prove were ready for space, starfleet technology sucks compared to others and the Kilngion is kidnapped in mid space, time to track down the kidnappers, runs into chick at Rigel 10, kiss... then you have it.

Charon

Offline Serapis

• Copper Member
Enterprise
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2001, 11:23:00 AM »
at least we know where implants originated from ... a Vulcan gift ..to boldly go where no man has gone before

Eagler

And she's going to be a tough nut to crack with her Vulcan ways too  :) And imagine, a woman whose perspective is total logic -- only in outer space  :)

Charon

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Enterprise
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2001, 11:50:00 AM »
Originally posted by NATEDOG:
That Vulcan is on the cover of the new MAXIUM.    :eek:

LOL....had Maxim for a while, cool mag.

Prefer the ones wrapped in black shrinkwrap...like Playboy, Penthouse...  :eek:

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Enterprise
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2001, 12:42:00 PM »
My wife is a Trekkie, though not as detail oriented as most... she is more character involved.  I haven't really asked her how she liked it.

All I know is after the captain said "roadkill", they showed two dancers painted like that x-men gal with 2 foot tongues and the body lotion scene with the Vulcan... it got my ok :D

AKDejaVu

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Enterprise
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2001, 01:07:00 PM »
For the first episode I think they did a pretty good job.  (Compare it to "Encounter at Farpoint" from TNG, P U what a stinker!  :D )

Some people take Star Trek WAY to seriously IMO.  It's for entertainment folks is all I can say.  :)

What seems kind of weird about it is that the ship looks newer than the "old" Enterprise in the original series.

(If they have a "decontamination" scene in the next few episodes; I think I'll continue to watch it.  :D )

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Enterprise
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2001, 01:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:

All I know is after the captain said "roadkill" ..
AKDejaVu

and his firstmate(?) his buddy there said "son of a squeak" at the end... then again it is UPN .. gotta do something for ratings  :)

did anyone else see about 2000 advertisements for "Buffy the vampire killer" ??? WHat was that all about??
I saw enough of "Buffy" in those ads alone to last me several lifetimes ...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Enterprise
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2001, 01:27:00 PM »
:eek:

mmmmm.....Vulcan chicks!    :p <drool>

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: SUPERFLY ]
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting