Author Topic: X52 Stick cfg wanted  (Read 644 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
X52 Stick cfg wanted
« on: November 30, 2005, 12:13:54 PM »
I'm loving this new X52 but I fly with a hamfist and have yet to find a nice smooth stick scaling pattern. Anyone out there who thinks they've found a "winner", could ya please raise your hand?x

Thanks,
DmdMax

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
X52 Stick cfg wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 03:45:37 PM »
DMax...do you mean in the AH settings...where you set the sliders?

If so...I had a horrible time trying to set my sliders.  Then I happened across a thread in which a bunch of really good "sticks" had posted their settings.  They had each slider maxed out...all the way to the top.

Out of desparation I tried it...now I actually can fly with the X52.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X52 Stick cfg wanted
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 04:18:08 PM »
that way the stick is as sensitive as it can get - as I have mine

if you need a saitek profile, I have my X52 attempt w/pedal setup in my sig link
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
X52 Stick cfg wanted
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 05:20:33 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler

I suppose so...but I certainly found that doing so SERIOUSLY reduced nose bounce..for example.  When you make a small correction it doesn't OVER correct anymore requiring an even greater correction again...which is also over corrected.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
X52 Stick cfg wanted
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 08:58:11 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
DMax...do you mean in the AH settings...where you set the sliders?

If so...I had a horrible time trying to set my sliders.  Then I happened across a thread in which a bunch of really good "sticks" had posted their settings.  They had each slider maxed out...all the way to the top.

Out of desparation I tried it...now I actually can fly with the X52.

1. Yes, I was referring to the sliders. I recall both Nomak and Morpheus saying that they also set all sliders to the top.

2. Question - what about damping and deadband?

Thanks for the replies...

DmdMax

Offline SKBG Seadog

• Copper Member
      • http://www.skbg.org
X52 Stick cfg wanted
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 10:54:59 PM »
DMax are you using rudder peds? If so what 1s?

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
X52 Stick cfg wanted
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 06:01:42 AM »
Originally posted by DMax
1. Yes, I was referring to the sliders. I recall both Nomak and Morpheus saying that they also set all sliders to the top.

2. Question - what about damping and deadband?

Thanks for the replies...

DmdMax

I turned it all to the lowest settings.

Deadband and damping just added to nose bounce issues.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
X52 Stick cfg wanted
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 07:01:52 AM »
Originally posted by SKBG Seadog
DMax are you using rudder peds? If so what 1s?

No - the X52 is a twist handle rudder input J  stick.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
X52 Stick cfg wanted
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 10:04:37 AM »
Did you try those settings DMax?  Let me know...I'm curious to see if it helped you as it did me.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
X52 Stick cfg wanted
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 09:37:12 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
Did you try those settings DMax?  Let me know...I'm curious to see if it helped you as it did me.

I set the pitch, roll & rudder sliders to 100% across the board today...lowered deandband and damping to about a notch up from bottom. Rolled a Spit 16 off the runway in H2H and flew about 10 minutes before heading out to work.

My usual ride is a Typhoon or N1k.  I know the responce will be different with those planes...both of which seem to fit my ham-fisted style of j-stick pounding. In any event, the new settings seemed to reduce nose bounce a bit but will probably require a week or two of geting used to.

The "heft" of the X52 j-stick handle is considerably more than that of the Evo...as is the spring tension. The full throw if the X52 is also, I'm guessing here, about 20% greater than that of the Evo. so until I get used to the X52, might I add a bit more damping?

btw...the only modes (not that I use them yet) I find by way of the rotor on the upper right of the joystick, are modes 1 and 3. Shouldn't there be a Mode 2?

We'll leave SST programming for another post

DmdMax

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
X52 Stick cfg wanted
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 10:20:55 AM »
Try a bit more damping, maybe that will help.  Deadband won't that's for sure.

There is a mode 2...not sure why yours isn't showing.  I'll check mine tonight.

I have found that the modes are really not needed and don't work as well as they should when switching between them.

The programming software is a BIT*H sometimes...

;)

Offline OddCAF

• Zinc Member
      • http://cactusairforce.org/
X52 Stick cfg wanted
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 06:25:21 PM »
Hi Eagler,
  I just picked up an X52 today, and pulled down the two profiles you mentiioned as being in the sig below. Much obliged!

Best Regards, Odd

Originally posted by Eagler

if you need a saitek profile, I have my X52 attempt w/pedal setup in my sig link

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X52 Stick cfg wanted
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 05:25:45 AM »
Howdy OddCAF
hope they help
I have since gone to programming the sticks inside AH and not bothering with the Saitek profile software. AH provides the ability to program just about 100% of the buttons/rotors and sliders on the X52 directly without having to run an additional program.
I currently use a X45 throttle with an X52 jstick with my ch pro peds. Everything setup within AH. I like the X45 throttle better than the X52 throttle so when the X45 jstick developed a flaky hat switch, I hooked up the X52. Not sure which file(s) in AH holds the controller setup. If I can figure that out, I'll post those files as well as an alternative to the saitek profiles.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline OddCAF

• Zinc Member
      • http://cactusairforce.org/
X52 Stick cfg wanted
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 06:20:57 AM »
Hi Eagler,
   I actually tried yesterday morning to use the in-game stick mapping for the X52. I wasn't aware that one could do that for all of the buttons and switches. Good stuff to know. Danke!
  Later today, as I'd mentioned in another post, I'm off to "Circuit City" or one of the other local stores to grab a powered-usb hub to fix some "glitching" I've got going on due to what I believe in my case is a lack of sufficient onboard USB power. I'm not overly concerned with it at the moment as I know this is probably going to "fix" things.
  Prior to its acting up, I had the pleasure of giving it a test run with a training session hosted by Rolex. (Man, what a refreshingly nice fellow he is. A true gentleman.) Though my rudder was overly sensitive at first, RTR fixed me up very quickly and I spent the next 2 hours thoroughly enjoying myself with the new stick.
  On the way is a TrackIR unit. (Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful.)
So, once the current stick issue is addressed, and the TrackIR gets here, I'll be spending the next two weeks playing Get Used To New Stuff.
  Should be a fun learning experience!

Best regards,
  Oddball