Author Topic: Allied armor solution  (Read 513 times)

Offline BALSUR

• Copper Member
Allied armor solution
« on: December 01, 2005, 10:03:04 AM »
I hear and see alot of people wanting British and American tanks. The biggest problem with this is the dreaded tiger. What if AH were to bring in all that allied armor and took out the tiger. Now on a tank scale everything would be fairly equal. You would have a variety of tanks to use for senarios. I think alot of complaints about super tigers would be gone if the tank were gone. I know some out there will say but in real life they had tigers and in AH we want to simulate the real war. Only problem is most of the time in AH you don't have 30 or 40 sherman's or T34's to throw agianst the tiger as cannon fodder as they did in WW2 and even then they were hardly successful.

So, what does everyone think get rid of the tiger and bring in the Sherman and Matilda's or leave it as is were the tiger reigns as the GV battle King?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Allied armor solution
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 10:22:14 AM »
The T-34/85 would also solve the problem of the Tiger without needing the Tiger to be removed.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Allied armor solution
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 10:40:37 AM »
Up the perks on the Tiger to 500, or a thousand.  That will solve the problem for sure.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline BALSUR

• Copper Member
Allied armor solution
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 10:59:22 AM »
I thought about the perkie issue but, then they'll still roll them for base defence then log before those bombs come tumbling down. Then there is the whine that tigers cost too much and the eny thing will factor in also.

Offline whels

• Silver Member
Allied armor solution
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 11:46:53 AM »
US solution to the tiger........... Pershing II. think some where in action on D Day or soon after.

whels

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Allied armor solution
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 12:09:25 PM »
The Pershing was not in action until well into 1945 as I recall.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Allied armor solution
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 12:15:51 PM »
The Tiger's too BS as it is. You cannot kill it from any angle anywhere with a T34. You can only kill it by hitting it in one spot with a panzr, and if it's spawn camping behind you you'll never turn around fast enough to hit it, let alone in that one spot.

It takes 1000lb bombs within mere feet of its treads and takes no damage whatsoever (talking multiple 1k bombs within 3 feet of either side of it, nothing happens).

I'm all FOR removing it. THEN there wouldn't be as much of a problem with introducing "lighter" tanks.

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Allied armor solution
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 12:33:37 PM »
Tigers take way too much to kill them.  I have done everything from hitting it 7, 8, 9....even 10 times with a Panzer and with no deflections...nothing!  I have dropped multiple eggs from P-38's, IL2's, Mossies and Tiffies while re-arming and dropping more.  I have even resorted to doing the dweeb run (yes I admit) of upping lancs and doing the carpet bomb run! 24,000 lbs of bombs all away with a delay of .05........ :O   You could not even see the Tiger in the craters....yet nothing.  Need to be perked more, maybe peked like the 262....  :huh
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Allied armor solution
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 01:28:42 PM »
The M36 was also a US response to the Tiger. Given the way Tigers are being used (i.e. parking them in hangars and stuff) they should be perked higher so there's more of a cost for such antics.

Offline whels

• Silver Member
Allied armor solution
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 01:53:22 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
The Pershing was not in action until well into 1945 as I recall.

looked it up,  deployed Feb 45, 1st loss was Feb 28th.

Offline Killjoy2

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
Allied armor solution
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 02:21:44 PM »
Just up the perks for a Tiger.  Someing like 90.  That will keep them down to reason.

OTOH it's a real adrenalin rush to hear a Tiger coming.  Especially if someone is going to lose a buch of perkies.  

I have more problems with rounds bouncing off panzers than Tigers.  I expect them to bounce of a Tiger.  I just work into a better position.

Shermans against Panzers are just as bad a matchup.  War is Heck!

Offline Nosara

• Copper Member
tigers
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 10:19:53 AM »
Keep tigers as they are. Its keeps us on out toes. I prefer to use the Panzer.It is fun to work as a team and go after a Tiger. Sometimes its a joint air ground effort.But its allways fun.
How about a Tiger factory deep in badguy land ,Heavy stategic bombers could for once be strategic and take out a factory. Tigers down for say "X" amount of time. Reward real heavy bomber tactics, not dumb divebombing lanks.

Offline Sable

• Copper Member
Allied armor solution
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2005, 11:14:24 AM »
How about adding a British Sherman Firefly - they were fairly common and didn't have uber-armor, but the 17lber would put some fear into the big cats.

Offline zarkov

• Copper Member
      • http://N/A
Allied armor solution
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2005, 05:49:39 PM »
Originally posted by Sable
How about adding a British Sherman Firefly - they were fairly common and didn't have uber-armor, but the 17lber would put some fear into the big cats.

Yes, model the Sherman Firefly.

Some American units used it, too (well, at least one).

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Allied armor solution
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 06:17:57 PM »
add M-18

Only takes 1 hit from a panzer to disable a tiger, 2 to kill it (close range anyway). I think the T34 needs fixed so it can atleast damage a tiger from point blank range...

In h2h someone was hosting a GV war in a city and because no perks in H2H everyone was in a tiger. I got a panzer and was able to kill tigers without a problem, even when out numbered. Then again I was ambushing them in the city, in an open field panzer is definately outmatched.