Author Topic: Tour 70 fighter stats  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Tour 70 fighter stats
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2005, 08:23:03 PM »
Originally posted by F1Bomber
I protest, where is my il2!!!
It's not a fighter.. ;)

Which brings up a point, how many kills / deaths in a SpitXVI (for example) have been under the attack-category (since it can carry a 1000lbs of bombs). Not to underestimate Timppa's work in assembling that list, but many of those planes can be flown in attack mode as well. ;)
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

storch

Tour 70 fighter stats
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2005, 09:32:20 PM »
Originally posted by Wilbus
Because every n00b flies it.

It is a very easy plane to get into, does everything great like all other spits only that the 16 also rolls far greater. It is a true dream to fly (although I find it somewhat boring as with all spits).
I killed a nOOb in it.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Tour 70 fighter stats
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2005, 10:03:29 PM »
Originally posted by Panzzer
It's not a fighter.. ;)

Which brings up a point, how many kills / deaths in a SpitXVI (for example) have been under the attack-category (since it can carry a 1000lbs of bombs). Not to underestimate Timppa's work in assembling that list, but many of those planes can be flown in attack mode as well. ;)

This list doesn't care about any of that.  It is simply a total, with bombers, tanks, et al removed.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Tour 70 fighter stats
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2005, 10:17:28 PM »
Oh, so it's every fighter model available and has nothing to do with the category which the plane is flown under? Thanks, I thought this was only the planes in the fighter category. :)

Edit: All right, after a moment of thinking I get the idea of this list. Sorry for being too dense earlier. ;)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 10:22:18 PM by Panzzer »
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Tour 70 fighter stats
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2005, 10:22:15 PM »
until there is a rolling planeset, it is all bs
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Tour 70 fighter stats
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2005, 10:42:19 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
until there is a rolling planeset, it is all bs

How so?

A) There will never be a rolling planeset.

B) It gives a rough idea of what the usage was for each fighter last tour.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
Tour 70 fighter stats
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2005, 10:52:57 PM »
As an intresting note on game play,

Spitfires of all types accounted for over 22% of all kills in tours 70

British Iron of all types over 34%

FW190 of all types 5.8%
109's  of all types 6.5%
110's of all types 4.4%

German Iron about 17.3%

Japanes Iron of all types 12.0%

American Iron 22%

Russian Iron 11.4%

And finally;

Ship Gunner has 26477 Kills of All models
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 11:10:28 PM by AKFokerFoder+ »

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Tour 70 fighter stats
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2005, 07:56:55 AM »
This list shows a great deal of variety.  17 different planes appear with better than a 1 in 50 frequencty.  That's enough to be able to expect to see at least one of them in a good-size furball.  11 more planes have at least a 1% usage rate, sufficient to prevent them from being "rare".  The most popular airplane is barely more than 1 in 10.  

I remember the days of Air Warrior for DOS when there were a total of 7 different fighters available in the european arena, two of them were virtually un-used, and two-thirds of the population flew Spitfires.  I was satisfied with THAT level of variety, so the current level of variety in AH is downright excellent.  Even accounting for ALL Spitfires, the tag is still less common than it was when I first started playing online flightsims.

Karnak, The Spit XVI / LF Mark IX was one of those planes you had always wanted to see in AH.  Both you and I feared such a plane would be perked (and perhaps two years ago it would have been), but in today's MA it isn't.  How do you like the Spit 16?

Eagler. I just returned to AH again.  You wouldn't want to drive me away so soon (read: I despise RPS), would you?

J_A_B

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Tour 70 fighter stats
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2005, 09:57:03 AM »
J_A_B,

I've never liked the look of clipped wings on Spitfires, so it really isn't my cup of tea.  I've done one or two sorties in it to feel it in combat.  It is avery nice fighter, and almost certainly the best starter fighter now.  I actually think the Ki-84 is better in the hands of a veteran, but the Spit XVI is very impressive.

For my part I actually prefer the Mk VIII and was glad to see that it made it in as it was in doubt.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
Tour 70 fighter stats
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2005, 06:10:54 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
The Tempest has almost twice the K/D of the 262 or 163 and accounts for a much higher % of kills...Interesting. ;)

Zazen
It's much easier to hit things in a temp, and much easier to lawn dart in a 262 :O
Army of Muppets