Author Topic: Scary...  (Read 202 times)

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
Scary...
« on: December 04, 2005, 08:29:05 PM »
To me at least...

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/653454.html

IDF chief: Diplomatic pressure on Iran unlikely to succeed
Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Dan Halutz said Sunday that he is skeptical that diplomatic pressure will put a halt to Iran's nuclear ambitions.

"The fact that the Iranians are successful time after time in getting away from international pressure...encourages them to continue their nuclear project," Halutz told foreign reporters.

"I believe that the political means that are used by the Europeans and the U.S. to convince the Iranians to stop the project will not succeed,"

Dammit...why can`t we just get along.

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Re: Scary...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 08:56:13 PM »
Originally posted by ~Caligula~
T...why can`t we just get along.

Too much spicy food, probably

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
Scary...
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 08:59:32 PM »
It is scary.

"I believe that the political means that are used by the Europeans and the U.S. to convince the Iranians to stop the project will not succeed,"

I think he's right. Since the Iraq invasion, it's become clear to everyone that an invasion of Iran (and regieme change) are out of the question, which might turn out to be the biggest mistake of all. I don't think Iran is worried much about US action whilst the US still has a large force in Iraq, because any US attacks on Iran will escalate the problems in Iraq hugely.

I don't think they are unduley worried about Israeli attack either. Iranian nuclear sites are at extreme range for Israel, widely dispersed, at least partially underground, and they no doubt learned a lot from Iraq's experience in the early 80s.

Sanctions aren't going to be effective with the current oil supply/demand situation.

Sadly, I don't think there is a solution at the moment. If Iran wants nuclear weapons, I can't see anyone being able to stop them.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Scary...
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 09:19:05 PM »
pfffft.....  Put Isrealies in the air...near the border of Iran, we send tac nukes in from the South. Iran is focused on the IAE jets and we take out the site. It will appear as though Iran throughout the confussion had an accident.

World Peace through Superior Firepower!

:aok

Mac