Author Topic: Alt-Tabbing  (Read 382 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Alt-Tabbing
« on: December 05, 2005, 12:09:06 PM »
Last night when I was signing on, I saw a message mentioning getting Alt-Tabbed to the desktop. However it was gone again so fast that's all I managed to see.

I've been experiencing this exact problem: Without touching ANYTHING on the keyboard or stick (in fact, I've had it happen at completely neutral stick/rudder deflection) I've been getting alt-tabbed to the desktop.

It's actually gotten quite annoying, as a couple times now I've had it happened right as I get a target lined up, or while landing, or otherwise during critical situations that's led to me crashing.

Anyone know what the rest of that message said, and what might be happening?

Some notes:

The screensaver and all power-saving features are disabled.

It occurs regardless of whether the antivirus is enabled or disabled.

There's no firewall installed on the computer itself.

I AM connecting through a router, HOWEVER, I've also tried with a direct connection and the issue still occurs.

Any help or solutions would be appreciated, as it's gotten VERY irritating.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Alt-Tabbing
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 12:24:47 PM »
Only reason why you land on the desktop is because you hit alt-tab or the windows key. As you say it happens when you line up on a target, is it the exact second where you hit z to zoom in on target? Then it might be you hitting the windows menu key.

Well... apart from a popup requesting your attention, like virus scanner, icq, firewall or the like. The game does not send you out on the desktop, it happens for some other reason.

There are 2 messages mentioning alt-tab on startup, one blinks by everytime you log in, it says that if you have a firewall blocking ah you should alt tab now and allow ah or disable the firewall. It only shows while ah tries to connect to server so you can only see it longer if a firewall blocks ah.

The second one says that you should not alt-tab out while the texture cache is build, which is done after changing the settings or on new versions of ah2. Not all new versions require this, but some.

Offline numb

• Zinc Member
check
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 01:13:25 PM »
check 4 malware and spyware on ur comp this same thing used 2 happen 2 one of my squaddies he got spysweeper found a bunch of stuff got rid of it and it stoped it good luck numb

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Alt-Tabbing
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 03:05:01 PM »
Like I said, it happens when I'm touching ***NOTHING*** on the keyboard or stick.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Alt-Tabbing
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 03:28:29 PM »
Something is running on your computer which is causing it.  Another program is causing it.  It could be a virus, but it is probably just spyware/malware program(s) causing it.

These programs do not require any input.  They periodically make themselves the active window (there may or may not be anything visible on your desktop) in your computer which triggers other programs to minimize.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline watanna

• Zinc Member
Alt-Tabbing
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 02:45:23 PM »
Finially someone else has the same problem.  Skuzzy's post is what is happening.  After nearly throwing  puter out of window found my problem to be HP printers softwae and udates.  My crashes occur every 15 min.  Set your watch to it.  Went to device manager and ended process on every thing that started with HP.  I am now waiting for a reply from HP tech to see exactly which little bugger is the cause.  They of course clam not there product causing this but  I got the proof.

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
ALT TAB
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 06:16:16 PM »
The effect is the same...can be spyware, mal-ware, whatever....also, depending on how you connect, the dreaded pop-ups.  Disable them.

This phenomenom seems to be related to bad stuff on your computer...had a squaddie fight this for a week before he cleaned his computer.
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline watanna

• Zinc Member
Alt-Tabbing
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 10:03:35 PM »
If you  are running HP printers the file that is causing the crash for me is:HPCMPMGR.exe.   Disabled it in msconfig at startup