Author Topic: Give us this Tiger Killer  (Read 4574 times)

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Give us this Tiger Killer
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 12:53:28 PM »
or else....;)

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 01:17:33 PM »
Tiger I and II were main battle tanks. Tiger II was almost a Spec Op tank, delivered to specialized units that usually operated alone.

IS2 and 3 were too dependent on infantry, slow and with terribly low ROF.

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 07:04:36 PM »
what was the diff between Tiger I and Tiger II
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2005, 08:16:05 PM »
Get rid of the tiger altogether!!! It prevents the inclusion of literally DOZENS of lighter tanks.

The current all-or-nothing hit system is BS anyways. If a tank round hits your turret but doesn't penetrate it's going to blow the ever-loving-crap out of the outside of that turret, and a hit in the same place (in the large crater left by the first hit) would penetrate easily. That isn't so in AH, so the tiger actually de-stabilizes the entire GV system.

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2005, 08:48:41 PM »
Originally posted by viper215
what was the diff between Tiger I and Tiger II

this is a tiger I

this is a tiger II

Offline BALSUR

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 09:40:23 AM »
The konigstiger "tiger 2" was unbeatable in ww2. two of these were parked at the Riechstag in Berlin at the end of the war and were single handedly holding off the onslaught of the russian invasion. They eventually ran out of ammunition. Of the ones left behind during the Battle of the Bulge none were battle damaged they simply ran outta fuel. The IS-2 was very unsuccessful in combat and the IS-3 saw hardly any action if any at all during the final days of the war. Just because it has a 122 mm cannon doesn't mean it's any better than the 88mm. Russia's biggest problem was the lack of a good high velocity anti-tank round. The 88mm was the best anti-tank round in the war which helped feed the "tigerphobia" the allies were experiencing.

As for AH adding another combersome, slow chunk of armor that can be taken out by a 500 lb bomb isn't going to help anything. A few things need to happen first.

1st - Ah needs to look into the surveys conduct by the British, Americans and Germans. Then do the physics on general purpose bombs (HE) agianst armor. They'll find that even direct hits dont take out heavy armor or kill the crew. It's all there in black and white but noone seems to care about the realism of bombs.

2nd- the IL2 and Hurr2D cannot pierce the top of the heavy tanks turrets. All of their success was on light skinned vehicles and some panzer II's and III's. Once agian the facts are there in the surveys but, who cares for the realism, popping turrets is fun.

3rd - The tanks biggest enemy during WW2 was lack of fuel. Planes run outta fuel but tanks dont, so much for realism.

anyway, IMO these factors need to be fixed before the ground war can be taken seriously.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2005, 09:47:09 AM »
Probably the most important difference between German & Russian tanks was the superiority of german optics. See first, shoot first. We don't have this variance in AH, so we'd never get anywhere close to a true historical matchup. Since we all see the same distance, with two equally skilled gv'ers, the victor at range will be the one with the highest Pk gun.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2005, 11:10:36 AM »
Just delete the tiger!

That opens the way for all US and British and Japanese tanks, too! With the tiger you really can't have anything "weaker". Let the panzer shift to the top dog for tanks. At least *IT* can be killed.

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2005, 01:14:19 PM »
U can keep the tiger in and even add the tiger II.  I would like to see the perks increased for it though. Tiger I= 100 perks  Tiger II= 300.  50 perks for the tiger I is not enough.  Should be at least 100.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2005, 01:40:47 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Get rid of the tiger altogether!!! It prevents the inclusion of literally DOZENS of lighter tanks.

The current all-or-nothing hit system is BS anyways. If a tank round hits your turret but doesn't penetrate it's going to blow the ever-loving-crap out of the outside of that turret, and a hit in the same place (in the large crater left by the first hit) would penetrate easily. That isn't so in AH, so the tiger actually de-stabilizes the entire GV system.

Bad Idea, the TIGER I should be kept, it has it's place on the battlefield. I agree with MwDogg though - it should be perked WAY MORE than it is currently. 100 to 300 perkies. The Tiger was a fairly rare bird on the battlefield compaired to the ratio of German tanks in action.

I also agree with Krusty about the hit system for armor here in AH. It has some major flaws that need to be addressed. The rear armor of a Tiger is a prime example - much too strong. Also damage to armored vehicles by aircraft needs to be looked at.
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2005, 01:59:21 PM »
You don't understand... It's not about the perk price. Hell you can put it at 1000 perks and folks will still be able to afford them. It's about the fact that it's 99.999999....% invulnerable to all other players in the game. Hell making the perk price even higher just means there's less tigers to take out the tigers spawn camping you.

It's like a first person shooter that gives you a "god mode" plugin for 60 seconds when you reach xxx kills. It's not only stupid and unbalanced but it's unfair as hell.

The tiger in this game is unfair as hell. THAT is why it should be removed. In addition to leveling the playing field, making every player actually able to kill every other player (hey if you don't want to die, play offline, don't just take the tigr), and it then allows (on top of this) future tanks to be included.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2005, 02:49:06 PM »
You don't understand... It's not about the perk price. Hell you can put it at 1000 perks and folks will still be able to afford them. It's about the fact that it's 99.999999....% invulnerable to all other players in the game. Hell making the perk price even higher just means there's less tigers to take out the tigers spawn camping you.

It's like a first person shooter that gives you a "god mode" plugin for 60 seconds when you reach xxx kills. It's not only stupid and unbalanced but it's unfair as hell.

The tiger in this game is unfair as hell. THAT is why it should be removed. In addition to leveling the playing field, making every player actually able to kill every other player (hey if you don't want to die, play offline, don't just take the tigr), and it then allows (on top of this) future tanks to be included.

So by this logic they should also then remove the 262? It's 99.999999% invulnerable. In fact, I've killed way, way more Tigers than I've ever killed 262s :)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2005, 02:56:09 PM »
Actually, the 262 is 100% vulnerable. Barely any hit whatsoever will damage it horribly. I pulled up gently from a 500mph dive on some bombers and ripped both wings off at the wing roots.

What the 262 is, is 99% uncatchable.

That's a far far FAR cry from a tank that can sit in 1 place and be hit from every direction by as many panzrs and t34s as can spawn and aim at it, and yet take no damage. *THAT* is invulnerable. Invulnerable and unfair is when you have a shot, you take the shot, the shot is valid, the shot hits, but the target never receives damage no matter how many times you hit it.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2005, 03:48:34 PM »
Actually, the 262 is 100% vulnerable. Barely any hit whatsoever will damage it horribly. I pulled up gently from a 500mph dive on some bombers and ripped both wings off at the wing roots.

What the 262 is, is 99% uncatchable.

That's a far far FAR cry from a tank that can sit in 1 place and be hit from every direction by as many panzrs and t34s as can spawn and aim at it, and yet take no damage. *THAT* is invulnerable. Invulnerable and unfair is when you have a shot, you take the shot, the shot is valid, the shot hits, but the target never receives damage no matter how many times you hit it.

Yeah was just messing with you on the 262s. I tear wings off of them constantly. I dunno about the Tigers being invulnerable though. I don't GV all that much, but the Tigers I drive tend to pop in 1 or 2 shots. I've also killed quite a few of them, it just takes teamwork to distract them and others to rush up and kill them... similiar to what Shermans had to do irl. That or somebody goes and gets a jabo and 2x1000 pounders.

The problem really seems to be spawn campers, and not the thickness of Tiger armor or low Pk t34 gun =P If there's a healthy amount of range, it's always easy to outmanuver the Tiger and bring numbers against.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2005, 03:52:26 PM »
Heh, see my post about rangefinders, too, regarding "if there's a healthy amount of range".